SCP-6831

rating: +51+x
warning.png
Item#: 6831
Level3
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
warning

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation WebCrawler Φ-12 is to regularly analyse social media platforms for patterns of keywords associated with SCP-6831's physical properties. Digital materials identifying SCP-6831 are to be scrubbed from public networks and archived for research purposes.

Entities native to SCP-6831 are to be extricated and isolated upon exit by Foundation personnel embedded within local policing outfits. Medical analyses of SCP-6831-1 can be viewed upon request from the Director of Site-11; currently responsible for the long-term containment of SCP-6831-1 instances.

The means by which SCP-6831-1 instances traverse between SCP-6831 and our universe is poorly understood. Investigations into SCP-6831's properties remain on-going.

Description: SCP-6831 is an extradimensional spatial anomaly. The precise interior dimensions of the anomaly remain unknown and direct exploration has proven difficult. External observation of SCP-6831 has concluded that it physically resembles an "infinite lattice of recursive bending lines", or the "fractal image of a spider’s web which eventually curves back upon itself".

The interior of SCP-6831 exhibits a non-orientable topology entirely dissimilar from three-dimensional, Euclidean space. Entities traversing throughout SCP-6831 are subjected to continuous deformations, including bending, folding, stretching, crumpling, and twisting, without exhibiting any signs of external or internal tearing. Such entities are referred to as SCP-6831-1 and are forced to adhere to the normative boundaries and rules of Euclidean space upon egress from SCP-6831.

SCP-6831 has been informally designated as the "Skirting Board" Dimension. Such a name is believed to be derived from one of three potential sources:

  • The fact that SCP-6831 skirts1 around the lowest circumferences of the physical universe, thereby intersecting the surface of our reality at particular geometric planes.
  • The uncanny tendency for SCP-6831-1 instances to become trapped behind enclosed spaces, such as cavity walls, panes of glass, and skirting boards upon exiting SCP-6831.
  • From SKIRTINGBOARDWORLD., a website blog operated by Jacob Robertson, which first identified the existence of SCP-6831.

Addendum 6831.1: Discovery

On the evening of February 24th, 2013, PCSO2 Holly Lamont responded to requests for an investigation to be carried out on the empty unit of Flat 123 at the Brandon Estate, a social housing unit located in Southwark, south London. The neighbouring properties had all reported scratching noises akin to rats and the sounds of gurgling, strained pipes coming from Flat 123. The following is a transcript of the camera and microphone footage taken from the body camera worn by the officer.

Video Log Transcript
Date: 24/2/13
Participant: Officer Holly Lamont


Lamont approaches Flat 123 and attempts to turn the door's handle. Apparently locked, she walks over to the window. Nothing is visible from the interior due to a thick coat of dust coating the exterior of the glass. A thick trail of grime runs through the gap between the window panes.

Lamont asks a question to a person located off-screen, later determined to be the owner of the flats, Howard Gainsborough.

Lamont: Can I ask when the property was last rented out?

Gainsborough: End of last year. Nobody wanted to take the next round of leases, so we had someone do up and refurbish the property.

Lamont: And when was that finished?

Gainsborough: Beginning of the month. You gonna want to enter the place?

Lamont: Probably. Don't fancy standing around in the cold all day now, do I, Mr. Gainsborough?

The sound of clattering keys can be heard as Gainsborough moves forward and unlocks the flat.

Lamont: I'll have to ask you to remain outside.

As Lamont steps into the property, she flicks the light switch up. Nothing turns on. She tries again.

Lamont: [mutters] Breaker must be dead.

Lamont moves through the entrance hallway, thumbing the switch on her flashlight and sweeping it across the hallway. As she carefully steps down the hall, her foot snags onto something and a faint squelch is audible. The resulting snag kicks up a thin layer of dust from the tarpaulin sheet beneath her feet. Sweeping the torchlight wide, paint cans can be seen strewn about the property. Half-emptied, their surfaces are developing a thin veneer of crusted paint.

Lamont: Christ, this place is a tip.

Lamont reaches the end of the hallway, lifting up the plastic cover over the circuit breaker. Holding the flashlight between her teeth, she inspects the individual breakers, discovering that all have been tripped. A sticky residue coats the breakers.

Continuing throughout the property, Lamont makes her way into the living room. Light shines through the shuttered windows, casting a haze of shadows into the room. The sound of scratching is heard coming from beneath the skirting boards behind her. Turning on her heel, the same scratching noise begins to echo out from where she was just facing.

Lamont: Huh, that a rat nest? Suppose that would account for the melted fuses.

More scratching noises can be heard, intensifying in volume as she continues walking through the property. Nearly every corner of the room is producing the faintest scratching noise like nails on a chalkboard.

Hesitantly exiting the living room, the scratching sounds become almost rhythmical, repeating over and over as they track Lamont's movement through the interior. Entering the kitchen, the frantic noise echoes from beneath every surface; the walls, the floor, the ceiling.

Lamont: What the fuck?

Lamont's exclamation briefly interrupts the cacophony of agonised scratching. The camera pans down to reveal a splatter of blood spilling out from beneath the kitchen sink, coating the wooden floorboards before her.

Lamont kneels down and opens the cupboard doors beneath the kitchen sink. Thick, coagulated blood is dripping from the plastic pipes, staining the entire surface a deep red in the dim torchlight. Another scan of the flashlight reveals something pale squeezed behind where the sink and the wall meet.

Lamont stands back on her feet and tentatively peers into the sinkhole. A grotesquely distended eyeball stares back into the camera lens, blinking and straining frantically. Unseen by the camera, Lamont observes something trapped between the sink and the kitchen wall. She vomits loudly, a distressed gurgling noise punctuating her own sounds of distress.


Exit Log: Following a frantic call made by Officer Holly Lamont over her police radio, the Foundation dispatched STF Phi-12 ("The Desk Jockeys") to intercept and investigate Flat 123.

The Foundation is currently carrying out a controlled demolition of Tower Nine, Brandon Estate in order to extricate an instance of SCP-6831-1. The mangled, continuously deformed body of a human subject had become curved and trapped behind every cavitated surface within Flat 123. The subject, Jacob Robertson, a local handyman, is presently alive and conscious.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License