SCP-6830

rating: +82+x
BY ORDER OF THE OVERSEER COUNCIL
The following file is Level 6/6830 Classified
Access granted by O5 approval only.
Unauthorized access is forbidden.
6830

Cernunnos denotes that the anomaly can be functionally contained, but the Foundation cannot achieve this for logistical and/or ethical reasons.


Daily physical monitoring by Foundation personnel of the ruins of the Temple Complex at Amarna is required in order to ensure the removal of any new or overlooked inscriptions regarding SCP-6830, SCP-6830-1, or SCP-6830-Aten. Thaumaturges from the Department of Tactical Theology will monitor Hume level and Akiva radiation fluctuations, and any newly discovered cognitohazardous inscriptions are to be immediately defaced by trained personnel. Additional monitoring by MTF Chi-09 (“Page Turners”) of academic publications, institutions, and curriculum as well as any non-academic publications or media that focus on any component of SCP-6830 (either individually or corporately) in order to prevent the dissemination of possibly accurate information.

In order to prevent a likely CK-Class Restructuring Scenario in which SCP-6830-Aten is able to either partially or fully enter our timeline (hereafter classified as a HEKA event), a concerted effort must be maintained by Foundation personnel to confuse the historical narrative surrounding SCP-6830-1. All factual information regarding SCP-6830 and its component parts is to be kept exclusively contained to the awareness and records of Site-91's approved research team and the O5 Council.

In the event that Site-91 detects any fluctuations in local reality, Akiva radiation, or other anomalous activity within the Amarna temple complex, Reliquary Area-27 is to be notified immediately to scramble MTF Kairos-01 to prepare for a possible HEKA event and probable Veil breach and/or CK-Class Restructuring Scenario.


SCP-6830 is the designation for a thaumaturgical ritual.As the details of the ritual itself are unknown at the time, a connection to SCP-3457 should not be presumed, although there seems to be a possibility of connection due to manner in which SCP-6830-2 was described by surviving documentation as discovering the ritual via discourse with 'religious personages outside of the Egyptian court of great knowledge'. Further research is advised. completed by the Pharaoh Akhenaten (hereafter designated as SCP-6830-1 prior to the performance of SCP-6830)..The tenth ruler of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Ancient Egypt, who reigned c. 1351 through 1334 BCE. Prior to the fifth year of his reign, he was known by the name Amenhotep IV before his conversion to Atenism.

While the details of the ritual itself are only partially understood, the resulting Akiva radiation feedback loop caused massive distortion to space-time which in turn created several linear temporality refractions. Only one of these refractions resulted in a timeline within which SCP-6830-1 successfully ascended to godhood (this iteration hereafter designated SCP-6830-Aten). It should be assumed that there were multiple temporal refractions created that likely remain unidentified by the Foundation or by SCP-6830-Aten. See Table II for known and theorized timelines.

The ruins of the temple complex at Amarna, which acted as the seat of worship for the cult SCP-6830-1 established, will additionally manifest anomalous inscriptions, indistinguishable from ancient carving in both physical nature and literary content, upon various surfaces. Typically these inscriptions will appear four times in a solar year, although the exact frequency cannot be predicted with certainty. The inscriptions also may contain cognitohazardous elements in roughly 80% of cases, although the effects fluctuate between causing the subject to either become more prone to fanatical belief and worship of SCP-6830-Aten or be struck by intense paranoia of imminent invasion by unknown and unseen threats. While the inscriptions can be easily excised by trained personnel, any failure to do so will increase the appearance of additional inscriptions within an expanding radius outward from Amarna. It must be noted that it is unknown why these carvings have not already expanded to their full potential, as they were left unchecked for several millennia before rediscovery.

A combination of chronological distance, dearth of primary source material (either through accidental loss, natural processes, or intentional destruction), and an abundance of space-time contamination caused by the actions of SCP-6830-Aten through various timelines has made a complete description of the events of SCP-6830 difficult to construct. However, the following events can be known with a relative degree of certainty:



Addendum 6830.1

Prior to the rediscovery of the Amarna temple complex in the late 19th Century by European archaeologists, information as well as general cultural knowledge of SCP-6830-1 had remained scant. However, with KV55.The site of SCP-6830-1's desecrated tomb and sarcophagus. Foundation misinformation efforts have focused upon clouding the certainty of SCP-6830-1's mummy being found at this location. unearthed in 1907 by Department of Para-archaeology researcher Edward Ayrton along with Carter's famed discovery of SCP-6830-3's untouched tomb in the Valley of the Kings in 1922, academic awareness of SCP-6830-1 as well as his attempts to replace Egyptian polytheism with exclusive worship of Aten entered both academic and cultural narratives almost immediately.

After the initial rediscovery of Amarna and the publishing of their findings in academic journals,.Like many Foundation precursor organizations, Para-archaeologists were often beholden to various academic and corporate interests as sponsors which resulted greater awareness and publication of findings than in the present age. Ayrton, Carter, and their associates at the Department of Para-archaeology noticed the proliferation of anomalous inscriptions began to significantly increase with greater cultural awareness of SCP-6830-1, as well as the necessity of their destruction. However, the causal link was poorly understood until Carter's discovery of SCP-6830-3 and the translation of several inscriptions at both Amarna and Karnak regarding the reign of SCP-6830-1, which resulted in early containment procedures being established, consisting primarily of monitoring Amarna directly and nullifying any resultant inscriptions.

In September of 1942, during the aftermath of the Battle of Alam el Halfa and the end of Axis occupation in Africa, Generalleutnant Rommel directed a contingent of German troops to retreat through Amarna in order attempt to cut off British Lieutenant General Montgomery's Allied reinforcements en route from Malta. As a result, monitoring of the temple complex was compromised for roughly one week and an extensive proliferation of inscriptions occurred as well as an additional anomaly which had not been previously witnessed. See Incident Log 6830.2.42 for details.


Addendum 6830.2

I think it goes without saying we've been very lucky thus far with 6830.

The ritual itself had the power to cause an Akivan backlash strong enough to break time in nearly a dozen ways that we can tell, and outside of Akhenaten's use of it we have no other historical records of it being attempted, let alone successfully. A rarity in thaumaturgical circles, to say the least, but however or wherever Nefertiti found the details has been thankfully lost to history. Of course, it's just as possible to think that others were more successful in containing the effects of the ritual and have managed to become better, more sinister divines.

If nothing else, Aten is easy to keep an eye on.

The inscriptions that appear have always been recorded and translated as best we are able, although over the years it has become increasingly clear that we are not receiving them from any specific place in space or time, nor are we certain as to who might be sending them our way. Initially it was assumed this might a way for Aten to try and spread his name, as we've noticed again and again how a rise in Egyptology's popularity seemed to make the inscriptions increase, but not attempted HEKA events. However, it's become clear that the inscriptions come from the timelines he has destroyed, and they represent something far more important, I think.

A warning.

This by no means is a call to change or abandon our protocols or containment, as the continued uncertainty of what exactly happened in Amarna on that day three millennia ago may be the only thing that stands between us and annihilation. It is clear from the last recorded HEKA event in 1927 that Aten is aware of us, and does not understand why he has been unable to enter since we are also aware of him. The events of 1942 showed us what happens when he leaves a timeline, but not when he enters it. I do not wish to see it first hand.

Whatever is standing in the way is beyond his power as much as it is beyond ours. The inscriptions aren't as clear as we would like, but they make it seem that the less truthful we are about him, the less he is able to influence things here. So if Phillip Glass wants to write an opera? Fine. If Netflix wants to make a movie about him meeting Moses or something? Great. The inscriptions point to how frustrated Aten seems to get that no one gets his story right here, so keep it up.

It might be ridiculous, but it works. And it is so much better than the alternative, until we have more answers.

Lead Researcher Ibrahim Salah


Addendum 6830.3


Addendum 6830.4

As of 17 February 2023, no new inscriptions have been discovered at the Amarna temple complex. Request for reclassification to Neutralized is pending.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License