SCP-6829
rating: +24+x
Naziufo-large.png

Digital recreation of a recovered diagram depicting an early design for SCP-6829-A. Weapon systems are not present as this iteration was intended for reconnaissance.

Item #: SCP-6829

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6829-A is currently kept at Site-18 within a large containment chamber. Further testing with SCP-6829-A has been suspended, and it is to remain deactivated. Counter-intelligence operatives are tasked with discrediting the existence of SCP-6829-A in the public consciousness. Online spaces that host discussions related to SCP-6829-A are to be monitored for disseminating disinformation.

SCP-6829-B is contained on-site in Antarctica within Provisional Site-6829. All personnel are to maintain a minimum distance of 7 m away from the object. Additional support beams have been installed to reinforce the structural integrity of the hangar housing SCP-6829-B. Visual and auditory hallucinations are to be considered normal, and personnel must undergo weekly psychological evaluations.

Description: SCP-6829 refers to two objects designated SCP-6829-A and SCP-6829-B.

SCP-6829-A is an experimental aircraft developed during the Second World War by Krupp engineers, and the Ahnenerbe Obskurakorps of Nazi Germany. According to recovered documents from the Reich Ministry of Aviation, it was intended to be an anti-gravity propelled vehicle equipped with anomalous assets under the name Haunebu.1 However, numerous delays combined with the conclusion of World War II prevented the completion of the project. SCP-6829-A is believed to be the only prototype in existence.

SCP-6829-A is in the shape of a disc with a sphere at the center, which is where the cockpit is located. The total diameter of the aircraft is 4.2 m wide while the sphere itself is 2.9 m. The interior of the cockpit is circular, and accessible from a hatch on the hull. It was designed to house two pilots who were seated opposite of each other. Parts of its frame are covered in steel panels bolted to it, but many internal components remain exposed. It is equipped with 4 single-mounted MG 131 turrets around the top of the cockpit. In addition, reinforced cameras are attached to each turret that transmit a live visual feed to screens within the cockpit. SCP-6829-A also exhibits 4 retractable landing gear.

SCP-6829-A possesses the following anomalous properties.

  • All turrets were connected to an automated targeting system utilizing circuits imbued with thaumaturgical sigils, and a single-chip microprocessor composed of human tissue. A demonic seal2 is etched into this component, which generated Tartarean Resonance Energy3 when the automated system was activated. The system had an accurate firing rate of 90% when locked on targets, but it was incapable of discerning between allies or enemy combatants. To reduce risk of sudden activation and other Tartarean-class activity, an exorcism was performed to disable it.
  • The turrets can switch from mundane bullets to a specialized set of ammunition. They resemble standard bullets for the MG 131, except they have a thaumaturgical symbol painted on the casing. When fired they produce large amounts of electrical charge. Upon impact an electromagnetic pulse is generated with an area of effect of approximately 4 m.
  • SCP-6829-A is equipped with a bomb bay accessible through an aperture beneath the cockpit. It was intended to drop both anomalous and mundane munitions for bombing runs. One of the munitions designed for this purpose were 3 ceramic bombs covered in thaumaturgical sigils containing rats in a state of suspended animation. They became animate when the ceramic was broken, and it was discovered the rats were infected with a strain of SCP-008.4 All recovered specimens were disposed of by incineration.
  • Attached to a ceiling compartment within the cockpit, a cylindrical metal tube measuring 15 cm long houses a synthetic crystal wrapped in copper wire. It is connected to a switch that triggers the flow of an electrical current through the wire. Upon receiving the electrical charge, the crystal will refract light in a 5 m radius, rendering SCP-6829-A invisible to observers. While active pilots were unable to see due to a lack of light entering their eyes. The Obskurakorps proposed that pilots should sparingly use the feature to strategically confuse enemy combatants during air combat manoeuvring.
  • SCP-6829-A is capable of teleportation in short distances, which is inputted through a computer terminal in the cockpit. However, when activated the pilots did not teleport with SCP-6829-A to the desired location. As a result, subsequent test flights by the Germans were prohibited from using the feature, and it was tested on the ground to minimize potential damages. Foundation researchers were able to verify this flaw with an agent volunteering to be in the cockpit.5
  • Anti-gravity propulsion and power supply is generated by a bell-shaped device located between the pilots. Various cables are attached to it, and it appears to be seamless. The exact contents of the device are unknown, but it is suspected to be biological in nature. When SCP-6829-A is activated it produces a sound resembling a slow heartbeat, which becomes more rapid during liftoff. In addition, a substance referred to as "Xerum 525" was used for the core, later identified as a mixture of mercury and equine blood. This prompted speculation by researchers that the core is likely to be a variant of a mercury-vortex engine. The resulting anti-gravitational field creates a microgravity environment around the object. However, negative health effects will manifest from prolonged exposure to the anti-gravity bubble within the cockpit. Subjects will most notably exhibit muscle atrophy, and a decrease in bone density over time. Furthermore, the anti-gravity field will eventually begin to expand the longer it remains active, causing all objects in its vicinity to become weightless. It is unknown how far the field can stretch before reaching a limit, but a distance of 16 m was measured before the test was terminated.
Tarnewitz.jpg

Aerial photograph of Tarnewitz in 1941.

SCP-6829-A was recovered on May 1, 1945 at the Tarnewitz research facility near Boltenhagen, Germany.6 It was found in one of the subterranean hangars alongside other anomalous weaponry in development. Various documents were destroyed prior to the arrival of American forces, but some files were able to be salvaged regarding the project. A few alluded to SCP-6829-A being loosely modelled after SCP-6829-B.

SCP-6829-B is a damaged spacecraft of extraterrestrial origin. It is in the shape of an oblate spheroid with a diameter of 5 m, and constructed from a grey colored metal. Thermal imaging reveal it to possess a surface temperature of around 35 °C.

In-depth research into SCP-6829-B is currently not possible due to a distorting spatial anomaly surrounding the object. The area of effect ranges up to around 6 m, but it has been observed to fluctuate further by several centimeters. Individuals that attempt to approach the object will experience fatal phenomena such as folding into themselves; merging with the ground and other surrounding objects; body parts being spontaneously relocated away from the subject; or complete disintegration.

Additionally, within approximately 20 m of SCP-6829-B, individuals will experience hallucinations. Personnel will report hearing incomprehensible voices, and witness unidentified objects or loved ones the closer they are to the object. Notably, this effect has been diminishing throughout its history within containment. It was originally recorded to have span over an area of around 50 m. The cause for the decreasing range is unknown.

According to documents from Wewelsburg Castle, SCP-6829-B was recovered in the summer of 1936 after crashing in the Black Forest near Frieberg, Germany. This information is corroborated by a French observatory that noted an object entering the Earth's atmosphere, but it was dismissed as a meteor at the time. Additionally, the Obskurakorps claimed SCP-6829-B originated from an advance civilization in the Taurus constellation near Aldebaran.7 However, this information is considered unreliable as it cannot be verified, and it is unknown how it was acquired by the organization. Sometime in 1943, SCP-6829-B was transported from Germany to a facility in New Swabia.89 It is kept within an underground hangar isolated from the rest of the complex. Due to the hazardous anomaly surrounding the object it cannot be relocated. As a result, Provisional Site-6829 has been established to monitor it.

Addendum 01: The individual responsible for the development of SCP-6829-A was later identified as Arland Schmitz. After the Second World War, Schmitz was acquired by the United States government through Operation Paperclip to develop aircraft for the US Air Force. Under their employ, he aided in the development of SCP-████ and SCP-████; resulting in the McCarthy-Truman UFO Scandal of 1951, and the Kecksburg UFO Incident of 1965, respectively. The Department of Defense were reluctant to surrender Schmitz over to the Foundation up until his assassination by Soviet GRU agents on February 2, 1953. Memos were recovered from Germany that were written by or addressed to Schmitz regarding SCP-6829-A and -B. They have been translated into English from German. Person of Interest files for all individuals named in these memos can be provided upon request.

From Arland Schmitz
To Maria Orsic
Subject Turrets

Please tell those wizards from the Thule Society that the turrets shot another one of my engineers with hellfire. This is the third time this week, Maria. The holy water is not working. In fact, I think it only agitates it. We need a better way to control the bloodlust of this demonic abomination now or we cannot continue to work.

From Hans Kammler
To Arland Schmitz
Subject Xerum 525

The alchemist of the Thule Society sends his regards, and hopes this single barrel of Xerum 525 will satisfy your needs. The tests at Wenceslas showed great promise, but I personally believe the rocket will be our future. I have seen the original vehicle. It is something only a god could build for traveling the stars. Nonetheless, do not let me discourage you. We will need whatever we can develop to win this war.

From Arland Schmitz
To Otto Weber
Subject Peer Review

I am writing to notify you that I have received your notes. On behalf of my team, we are thankful for your assistance. Haunebu will dominate the skies once we properly integrate the displacement mechanics into its core. Best of luck to you on Project Chronos.10

From Arland Schmitz
To Heinrich Himmler
Subject Shipment

We have received the specimen from the Eastern Front. This plague will be a fine addition to Haunebu's armaments. We began by infecting rats with it. They make for good hosts given their size, and their ability to spread all manner of pestilence.

Unfortunately, a researcher got bitten by one of the awful critters. Of course, we shot him in the head and burned his body as instructed in the reports without further incident. I dare not imagine an outbreak on our fatherland as described by our men at the frontline.

A weapon such as this will be perfect for isolated locations such as Britain. I'm sure the Fuhrer will see the potential devastation we can inflict with it.

From Heinrich Himmler
To Arland Schmitz
Subject Relocation of Black Forest Vessel

The Black Forest vessel is to be transported to New Swabia. It is the safest place given the uncertain future we now face. Commander Karl Reuter will be leading this relocation effort. Have it ready for him.

Addendum 02: The following journal entries were retrieved from Provisional Site-6829. Various pages were burnt or torn out, and the author of their contents is unknown. There are no dates on any of the entries, but it is estimated they were written between 1944 to 1956. Extraneous entries not mentioning SCP-6829-B have been omitted.

The voyage was long, but we have finally arrived to New Swabia. The Antarctic is cold and barren, but the base they built is below that awful surface.

The strange vehicle we brought with us is now secure in one of the hangars. Commander Reuter told us that it fell from the heavens as a blessing, and our enemies must never have it. Others have brought various machines, and rare Aryan artifacts here.

Hopefully we win the war soon. I cannot send letters from here back home. My sister lost her husband in the front, and her daughter, precious Tulip, became terribly ill recently. I hope for them the best until I can return to Berlin.

The fool activated it. I saw several men who accompanied him be crushed into the floor or crumbled to dust until nothing was left. It whirred loudly before going silent. None of us can get close to the vehicle now without being killed. Our only hope is for it to lose power. After all, it is just a machine.

It is a shame this happened for nothing. The snow men11 were able to successfully fend off the British commandos.12 Commander Reuter will be disappointed once he returns.

I refuse to return to that hangar. Whispers keep coming out of the machine, and I sometimes hear the giggling of my niece. The others agree with me. We'll close off the hangar for now. There are other problems at hand. A large military force is coming, probably Americans.13 We will have to prepare ourselves.

We all had the same dream last night. There was nothing except an endless void of stars. I felt weightless like I was floating in water. Then I heard a voice I could not understand at first. It spoke some strange language until it eventually began speaking atrocious German that repeated itself. "Return" is what everyone could understand. I kept this to myself, but I also saw Tulip, my niece. She called for me to follow her, and play in her mother's garden. I now see her sometimes peeking around corners while giggling. Am I going mad? My thoughts do occasionally lie with my family, but they do not feel like they are my own. It is almost like a dream.

We have lost contact with the Kindergarten.14 Volunteers are going to check on them after the storm passes. Werner wants to go with them to get far away from the hangar. He said maybe he will finally be able to get sleep over there. Perhaps I'll join him. I've been too frightened to sleep for I have nightmares of a terrible red storm.


It has been called off. We saw something massive moving out there, and it was in the direction of the Kindergarten. The giggling is now louder from that damn hangar. Curse that foul machine.

Fritz took his own life. We found him in his barracks. His note said he kept hearing his mother and grandmother calling for him to come to the hangar. He also kept writing "return" over and over. We got the crematorium to work for him, but I was unable to stay with the others as he burned. The fire looked too much like her hair.

We are dead men. There is nowhere to go, and nobody will come for us. Food supply is dwindling after the fire ravaged it. This land is cursed. Tulip keeps tugging at my arm to follow her. She says the hangar with the machine is warm with a beautiful garden. Her mother is also there. Maybe I'll finally go with Tulip. I'm tired of being cold.

Night_Pixels.png

Image received during the transmission.

Addendum 03: On March 15, ████, SCP-6829-B released a burst of ionizing radiation. Personnel present within Provisional Site-6829 at the time exhibited radiodermatitis, and accompanying symptoms of radiation sickness such as nausea. Thermometers recorded an increase in temperature within the hangar up to 41 °C before quickly receding back to normal. SCP-6829-B remained idle for 4 minutes until it began to send a transmission to all nearby devices capable of receiving it in a 2 km radius. It contained the following message in German with an image attached to it. No further communication has occurred since.

Danger. Repairs unsuccessful. Cessation of systems inevitable. Return the pilot. Return home.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License