SCP-6769

rating: +5+x

This document is reserved for Level 3 Staff assigned to SCP-6769 only.



Do not read further if this does not include you.

If individuals not assigned to SCP-6769 staff wish to gain access to this document, please contact the LTHA department's management office for permission.

-LTHA

Item#: 6769
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
notice

German_Gothic_Gauntlet_for_the_Left_Hand_MET_DP-12881-033.jpg

SCP-6769-A

Special Containment Procedures: When recontained, SCP-6769 and SCP-6769-A are to be kept in a standard humanoid containment chamber located in the east wing of Site-164.1 Following Incident 6769/A, agents operating within the province of British Columbia are to be briefed on the object's notable appearance and attempt to detain and secure SCP-6769 for recontainment if spotted. When recontained, all individuals assigned to SCP-6769 are to be briefed on Incident-6769/A and rotated out every 3 months. Personnel are advised to follow LTHA protocol during SCP-6769's apprehension.


Description: SCP-6769 is a humanoid bearing the appearance of a middle-aged Caucasian male. All information about SCP-6769 has been gathered through logs conducted with SCP-6769, in accordance with Low-Threat Humanoid Anomaly (LTHA) practices recently put forth by the Ethics Committee.

SCP-6769 only refers to itself as “The Right Hand”. The anomaly wore an embroidered suit belonging to a group known as the “ League of The Heavenly Appendage ”, made up of extremely wealthy individuals whose goals and purpose remain unclear. No information pertaining to such a group has been sourced aside from SCP-6769’s accounts. During its apprehension by local law enforcement, SCP-6769 was in denial of their anomalous abilities. SCP-6769 exhibited extreme hostility towards individuals who highlighted their anomalous nature to them, but this behavior ceased when the anomaly was properly interviewed in Foundation custody. When communicating, SCP-6769's speech will often contain substantial pauses before answering, but this is presumed to be non-anomalous.

SCP-6769-A is a metal gauntlet that takes the place of SCP-6769’s left hand. The means at which SCP-6769-A has connected to SCP-6769 are unknown, but full motor control is capable for SCP-6769. Attempts to sever the gauntlet following LTHA guidelines have been met with failure. When activated by SCP-6769, the object develops rings of red light around itself, glowing at roughly 1000 lumens in the shapes of various eyes above the dorsal parts of SCP-6769’s hands. SCP-6769 frequently activates SCP-6769-A for no known reason. No other effects of SCP-6769-A have been observed to occur as of writing.2


Incident Report 6769/A:

On 09/02/2002, SCP-6769 successfully escaped Site-164 during a major unrelated containment breach. At approximately 9:30 am, SCP-6769 and former Containment Specialist █████ ██████ were seen by security staff leaving the anomaly’s containment chamber and moving to a nearby exit. Investigations have concluded that ██████ had entered SCP-6769's chamber at 9:00 am beforehand and engaged in conversation with the entity before escaping. From there, SCP-6769 and ██████ entered the specialist’s vehicle and drove to an unknown location for approximately 3 hours, before both individuals exited the vehicle. Junior Researcher Adam Lu, while on commute to Site-164, spotted the vehicle and found only ██████ left at the scene. The researcher was commended on their ability to quickly implement LTHA tactics on the newly-made anomaly in order to coax into containment.

SCP-6769 has demonstrated a very uncooperative demeanor, frequently writing complaints regarding other anomalies, facilities, and staff. It has written several times that it will attempt to breach containment, but in all cases, no such breach had previously been acted upon. It has exhibited, at times, non-verbal signs of extreme paranoia and delusion, though this is theorized to be non-anomalous, as it falls under LTHA specifications of typical exposure to new anomalous concepts.

Despite numerous incendiary remarks, SCP-6769 has never resisted or physically attacked any personnel or anomaly, nor resisted in giving information regarding itself during any interview. It is also noted that although SCP-6769 was told which information it was allowed to keep private, SCP-6769 surpassed LTHA requirements of personal information and was an invaluable asset to the Foundation in the investigation of its related GOI.

Following investigations into SCP-6769's escape, it became apparent that ██████ was responsible for SCP-6769's breach of containment. In their collaboration with SCP-6769, ██████ was "rewarded" with the same anomalous properties. As of 15/02/2002, the designation of SCP-6769-B was created for ██████, as they are currently contained in SCP-6769's previous quarters. SCP-6769-C, the anomalous left hand ██████ gained during the incident, is currently pending examination.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License