SCP-6766
Item#: 6766
Level2
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
uncontained
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6766's containment is abandoned by the Department of Spectral Phenomena. The entity causes little to no disruption among the civilian population and its nature makes capture unfeasible and unnecessary.

with_staff.png

A photograph of SCP-6766. It has been heavily screened to enable viewing.

Description: SCP-6766 is a humanoid Class V Spectral Entity1 of benign nature. There are usually over a thousand SCP-6766 manifestations occurring each day all over the world based on surveillance footage.

SCP-6766 is approximately two metres in height and wears a black cloak concealing its body with its hood pulled over the head, obscuring its face. It possesses physical attributes that allow interactions with its environment. Additionally, SCP-6766 exhibits antimemetic properties which impede civilian and Foundation detection in most cases. During manifestations, the entity possesses a presumably wooden staff, over two metres in length, which appears to be charred. SCP-6766 has been noted to possess a skeletal body during its manifestations.

The majority of its manifestations occur at a graveyard, but others have been recorded in other areas marking the death of individuals. During SCP-6766 manifestations, the entity will emerge through a black viscous substance, manifesting in a nearby shadow. After fully materialising, the entity moves towards a gravestone2 and proceeds to stand over it. In some instances, it produces a white cloth from within its cloak and attempts to clean the gravestone, removing any grime or dirt upon it. It then kneels and places an object or token in front of the gravestone before proceeding to stay stationary for approximately one minute. Following this period, it retreats to its manifestation point and collapses into the same black substance.

Attempts to disrupt this routine have all been ineffective. When agents approached to apprehend SCP-6766, they stated to have undergone a great emotional episode and were thus unable to stop the entity. Agent Bacchus was one of the first individuals to have encountered SCP-6766 with anti-cognitohazard gear since the inception of its discovery. The entity had manifested at a graveyard nearby the recently established Site-175 and was swiftly detected by AICs reviewing the live footage of nearby surveillance cameras. An interview with the agent sent has been attached below.

A log of several recorded SCP-6766 manifestations has been attached below.




rating: +48+x

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License