SCP-6744

The past cannot be undone. Not even through death.

rating: +40+x
Item#: 6744
Level2
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
keter-dark
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

thewatcher.jpg

SCP-6744-1, taken during one of its manifestations.


Assigned Site Site Director Research Head Assigned Task Force
300/120 Joint Effort Dir. Requet/Dirs Council Drs. Asheworth/Chen GANDALF.aic

SPECIAL CONTAINMENT PROTOCOLS: Current supervision of SCP-6744 is under the Thaumaturgy Division of Site-300, and the Department of Ontokinetics, Site-120. SCP-6744 is being considered for neutralization. As SCP-6744 is not currently considered harmful, containment is restricted to monitoring Dir. Requet and SCP-6744 specific thaumaturgic/ontokinetic fluctuations. This task has been assigned to GANDALF.aic. No personnel except Dir. Requet are to interact with SCP-6744-1.

DESCRIPTION: SCP-6744 is the designation for the thaumaturgic incantation placed on Site-300 Director and AIAD Supervisor Dir. Victoria Requet.

The results of this curse have included probability-based anomalous events1, and in the manifestation of SCP-6744-1.

SCP-6744-1 is a humanoid entity, approximately 1.9 meters in height. While it is affected by heavy decomposition, it is similar in appearance to the deceased Frey Andrick (see ADDENDUM 6744.I), garbed in the heavily bloodstained and tattered clothing resembling those the individual was wearing when they were terminated, with the only divergence being its eyes, which are yellow and has been noted to glow luminescently. It is currently unknown whether it is sapient. Its presence is usually followed by a significant drop in temperature, and all footage recording it has suffered varying degrees of corruption.

SCP-6744-1 has sporadically manifested and demanifested around Sites 120 and 300, but usually in the presence of Dir. Requet. The exact reason for this is unclear, the current hypothesis being the unstable nature of the incantation that was cast. Where SCP-6744-1 demanifests to is unknown; all currently known thaumaturgic relocation-invocations conform to the law of conservation of mass, however, the Department of Ontokinetics has been unable to track the location to which SCP-6744-1 demanifests.

SCP-6744-1 usually spends large periods of time observing Dir. Requet, and while this does seem to cause great distress to the surrounding subjects, particularly the director, the entity so far has not engaged in any hostile activity with either Dir. Requet or surrounding subjects.

ADDENDUM 6744 I: Incidents of Interest

In June, 2018, multiple attacks by GoI-0082 were performed against Sites 300 and 120 facilities. Several personnel of note were killed in these attacks, including Dr. Anne Requet, who was the mother of Director Requet.

In a joint effort by both Sites, a retaliation was authorized by Dir. Requet and the Director's Council. GoI-008 members around Europe were located and agents were dispatched on a kill-first directive. It was later confirmed that many of these members were reserve or inactive. One such member was Frey Andrick, who had retired to Warsaw, Poland, with his sixteen-year-old son, Harold Andrick.

Upon locating Andrick, agents entered his residence by force. The subsequent shootout between Andrick and the assigned agents resulted in the death of his son, and Andrick being fatally wounded. The individual is believed to have triggered the curse during this period. The first noted manifestation of SCP-6744-1 occurred la few days afterward.

ADDENDUM 6744 II: Collected Audio Recordings

The aforementioned event was labelled as Extranormal Event #6744, and was not given a proper SCP designation until other similar events occurred. SCP-6744-1 continued to manifest around both sites. The effects of SCP-6744 resulted in the injuring of multiple personnel, as well as security breaches of containment and data, which were not properly contained.

An attempt was made by both sites, separately, to remove the anomaly. Site-120 utilized several thaumaturgic incantations in an effort to neutralize it, while Site-300 utilized the Anti-Thaumaturgical Engine.3 Instead of decommissioning the threat, it exacerbated its volatility, with personnel suffering injuries of higher severity and breaches increasing in frequency.

An O4 Council4 meeting between 120 and 300 was initiated in order to discuss SCP-6744.

ADDENDUM 6744 III: Incidents of Interest

Following the aforementioned events, Dir. Requet was relocated to containment at Site-322-2. SCP-6744-1 continued to manifest, staying within the containment cell for periods of 9-11 hours. The volatility of SCP-6744 influenced events remained at a low point during these manifestations. This lasted for 25 days, and at a point it was noted that Dir. Requet had begun attempting to converse with the entity, despite the fact that it did not respond. One such conversation, which occurred on April 5, has been provided below.


Following this, the probability-based effects of SCP-6744 decreased heavily in terms of severity. With information from GANDALF.aic, it was concluded that the thaumaturgic volatility of SCP-6744 had also decreased tremendously. While SCP-6744-1 manifestations still occur, it only does so in the direct presence of Dir. Requet. Dir. Requet was moved back to administrative position, and the Containment Class of the anomaly was downgraded from KETER to SAFE.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License