SCP-6743
rating: +24+x

Item #: SCP-6743

Object Class: Neutralized

Special Containment Procedures: The shattered pieces of SCP-6743 are to be kept in a standard anomalous item locker. Outside of testing, the locker is to be filled with nitrogen gas while sealed to prevent corrosion.

Description: SCP-6743 was a standard size 11 iron ring, featuring an empty setting at the center. Its design was consistent with a typical promise ring.

Prior to Incident 6743-1, after being removed from the finger of a properly fitting subject, SCP-6743 would cause the former wearer to lose their ability to speak and write adjectives, verbs, and common nouns1 more than once, however symbolic language2 is unaffected. In almost all cases, this effect wore off after approximately 72 hours.

As of 1/21/1999, SCP-6743 is nonfunctional and considered neutralized following its destruction during Incident 6743-1.

History: SCP-6743 was recovered on 6/22/1998 during a raid on an Black Prince Jewelers warehouse in New York City, New York. The object was found in a crate, next to the following note:

Hey Vanessa3. I made the ring just like you asked- it'll only work temporarily on most people, but it's permanent on that fucker you were talking about. Can't believe he screwed you over like that, sold you out to the jailers.

This world is a cruel place, unfortunately. I hope this can make what he did to you somewhat better.

-Rob, Black Prince Jewelers

Addendum 6743-1: As of 1/5/1999, SCP-6743 is pending reclassification to anomalous object status due to its relatively low risk compared to other anomalies. -Dr. Patrick Lyons

Incident 6743-1: At 16:34 local time, 1/21/1999, Dr. Patrick Lyons of the Anomaly Reclassification Committee destroyed SCP-6743 by shattering it with a hammer. The following documents were recovered during investigation into SCP-6743's neutralization.

Analysis of SCP-6743 following its neutralization revealed a new engraving appeared on the inside, reading "WHY?".

Addendum 6743-2: Following Incident 6743-1, SCP-6743 is no longer pending reclassification to anomalous object and its object class is changed to neutralized. -Deputy Director Lucy Kreen

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License