SCP-6675

rating: +14+x
SCP-6675.png

Still taken from the first known footage of SCP-6675.

Item #: SCP-6675

Threat Level: Orange Green

Object Class: Keter Euclid

Special Containment Procedure: SCP-6675 is to be contained in a chamber no less than 15x15m. Due to the violent nature of SCP-6675, no personnel are to enter the chamber at any time.

Due to SCP-6675's anomalous ability, a Scranton Reality Anchor is to be placed in the center of the chamber. Weekly maintenance must be done on the SRA to prevent the risk of SCP-6675 escaping back into the wild. If damage is discovered, SCP-6675 is to be sedated while repairs are made.

Description: SCP-6675 is an entity resembling a member of the Azhdarchidae family2. According to Foundation palaeozoologists, SCP-6675 is most likely a specimen of Quetzalcoatlus northropi. SCP-6675 is 5 meters tall and is estimated to have a wingspan of 11 meters, both of which line up with the extinct Quetzalcoatlus' measurement. SCP-6675 has never been seen taking flight, despite multiple paleontological theories surrounding the azhdarchid family implying it should be able to.

Prior to capture, SCP-6675 primarily manifested in the forests of Maine and New Hampshire away from urban areas. However, in extreme and rare cases, SCP-6675 has been known to manifest within 35 meters of human settlements. Upon manifesting, SCP-6675 will stalk its victim for a few minutes with sightings indicating that the entity takes no measure to prevent detection. After a few minutes, SCP-6675 will emit a series of vocalizations, with the intent of these being perceived by the victim. These vocalizations possess a memetic and cognitohazardous effect on humans
close enough to perceive them.

Upon exposure to SCP-6675's vocalizations, the victim suffers from visual and auditory hallucinations. The effect is stronger the closer the subject is to SCP-6675, with the hallucinations becoming more potent and of a more grim nature. There is an unknown correlation with a handful of victims who claim the auditory side of the effect to be a strange hum almost akin to a lullaby that urges them to willingly approach SCP-6675. Once the affected subject is close enough, SCP-6675 will use its beak to pierce the victim, killing it. After the victim is dead, SCP-6675 will walk away with the victim still impaled in its beak until out of sight. It is unknown what SCP-6675 does with the body after disappearing. [See Experiment Log 6675 - 2]

Addendum 6675.1:
On 01/07/2001, a deaf camper named Nonna Raiser filed a report at the Lincoln Police Department regarding the murder of one of her friends while the pair was out hiking in White Mountain National Forest. Ms. Raiser referred to the perpetrator as a "large-bird monster". It is thought that Ms. Raiser's hearing aid saved her from the anomalous vocalizations SCP-6675 utilizes, as it prevented her from receiving direct exposure to the effect.

Foundation agents were dispatched posing as police officers to take her in for questioning. Ms. Raiser provided a hastily-recorded video, taken on a camera strapped to her chest during a hike. The camera contained footage of the attack on her friend. In it, the recording shows Ms. Raiser calling out. After a few minutes, she finds her friend, standing perfectly still, trying to reach out to something out of frame. Ms. Raiser calls out one last time, before a pale-white beak darts out from behind a tree, impaling the victim and killing them instantly. Ms. Raiser lets out a terrified shriek but remains motionless, seemingly petrified by fear. SCP-6675 is seen lifting its head and looking directly at Ms. Raiser, after a few seconds, SCP-6675 picks up the body in its beak and exits out of frame. Ms. Raiser regains composure following SCP-6675’s departure and begins running in the woods, the rest of the video is nothing but woodland until Ms. Raiser remembers the camera is recording and turns it off.

After the interview, Ms. Raiser was administered amnestics and a cover-up story about an escaped harpy eagle was published in the local newspaper. It is now thought that several cases of disappearances in the forests of Maine and New Hampshire are SCP-6675's doing.

Following its discovery by the Foundation, an attempt to capture SCP-6675 through the use of Scranton Reality Anchors to prevent it from demanifestating was authorized on 07/19/2001. Site-248 was chosen to proceed with the capture due to its proximity to White Mountain National Forest, the last area where SCP-6675 was sighted. After thorough preparations, several SRA beacons were placed within the forest at the request of Head Researcher Turán and Researcher Hoffman. A request for a Class D personnel was submitted which was authorized.

D-8615 was equipped with a tracking collar and led by Site-248's containment team in the forest to bait SCP-6675 to appear, which occurred 2 hours after the initial entry into the forest by D-8615. Upon manifestation, the Scranton Reality Anchors activated which prevented SCP-6675 from demanifesting. MTF Gamma-4 (“Green Stags”) operatives arrived shortly thereafter, giving chase until SCP-6675 was trapped in a narrow passage. Despite initially fleeing, SCP-6675 suddenly exhibited aggressive behavior and attacked the closest containment unit before being subdued through the use of tranquilizers.

Addendum 6675.2:
Following capture, SCP-6675 was placed in a small Type A containment chamber devoid of vegetation or soil. Over the span of a single week, SCP-6675 had shown extremely aggressive behavior, attacking the chamber’s walls with its beak and attacking any personnel that entered the chamber on sight. Researcher Hoffman had a meeting with Head Researcher Turán regarding the inappropriate containment procedure given to SCP-6675. The following is a transcript of this meeting:

After the reunion with Head Researcher Turán, Researcher Hoffman initiated a series of behavioral tests to learn more about SCP-6675, the following are the transcripts of these tests:

After the 2-month limit imposed by Head Researcher Turán ended, Researcher Hoffman was called to meet with him to report on the results of the tests on SCP-6675. The following is a transcript of the meeting:

[START OF LOG]

Head Researcher Turán: Welcome Hoffman, please take a seat.

Sounds of a chair scraping on the ground are heard, followed by a cough by Researcher Hoffman

Head Researcher Turán: Well? Don't just sit there like a kid who's lost at the fair, give me your report.

Researcher Hoffman: Oh r-right, sorry. [Clears throat] I came to the conclusion that SCP-6675 is pretty much just an animal, its previous aggressive behavior was due to the lack of food and inappropriate containment conditions.

Head Researcher Turán: Mmh, I take that you've contacted the guys in charge of the chambers to accommodate SCP-6675's new room?

Researcher Hoffman: That's right, we were currently in the process of planting foliage from the Cretaceous era we obtained through ██████ in the chamber, SCP-6675 should be introduced in its new home in around a week. For now, it is temporarily contained in the Behavioral Simulation Chamber we used during one of the tests.

Head Researcher Turán: I see…

Researcher Hoffman: Is something on your mind?

Head Researcher Turán: I just…I just don't really know what to think about SCP-6675, I feel almost disappointed.

Researcher Hoffman: D-Disappointed? Why?

Head Researcher Turán: All of our tests with it have been successful, we learned almost everything there was to learn about SCP-6675 with them… I expected more of a monster out of SCP-6675 than what it truly was in reality, an animal.

Researcher Hoffman: Ah well, it's more with the fact that monsters are rarer these days, most end up becoming just misunderstood animals or entities. This doesn't mean they aren't dangerous or mysterious in any way. Hell, maybe SCP-6675 is just an animal but I'll remind you it's a creature from a bygone era capable of causing hallucinations and seemingly teleportation, there are still so many questions that have yet to be answered.

Head Researcher Turán: Mmh, maybe you're right [pauses] …Regardless, what matters is that SCP-6675 will be contained properly now, it has pretty much become Site-248's little mascot. A lot of the guys talk about it like they were at the zoo [laughs]. Now if you'll excuse me I have to do some paperwork, you're dismissed, Marcus.

Researcher Hoffman: Right, thank you for your time, sir!

[END OF LOG]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License