SCP-6674
rating: +10+x

B-17F_Radar_Bombing_over_Germany_1943.jpg?width=959&height=210

SCP-6674, located in the upper center of the picture.

Item #: SCP-6674

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures:
Due to its nature, SCP-6674 is currently uncontainable. At the time of writing, SCP-6674 appears to have settled around the White Mountain National Forest area. Beacons capable of detecting the memetic effect generated by SCP-6674 are to be placed in several spots within the forest. Should any beacons activate, MTF Gamma-4 (“Green Stags”) operatives are to be sent from Site-248 to intercept SCP-6674 once it has landed.

In the event of the discovery of SCP-6674-2 instances who have not yet experienced an SCP-6674-1 event, they are to be apprehended and administered Class-A amnestics. These instances are to be escorted out of the area and surveilled until the departure of SCP-6674.

Should any SCP-6674-2 instances enter SCP-6674, they are to be retrieved following the end of the SCP-6674-1 event and the departure of SCP-6674 for surveillance. Amnestics are to be administered once the instances have recovered and been questioned.

Description:
SCP-6674 is a spectral entity taking the appearance of a late war construction B-17G Flying Fortress bomber plane. SCP-6674 is noted to only appear in the vicinity of the White Mountain National Forest, New Hampshire. When not under direct observation, SCP-6674 is able to dematerialize, camera footage shows it gradually fading away before completly disappearing from view. SCP-6674 will eventually reappear within the area, SCP-6674 has been noted to take from a few days to years before reappearing.

The anomalous properties of SCP-6674 come into effect when it manifests: a makeshift landing strip roughly as wide as SCP-6674 will appear within the wooded area. Despite the short distance of the strip, SCP-6674 somehow stops all momentum upon initial landing.

Once SCP-6674 lands, it will open its entrance and begin emitting a powerful memetic effect of a currently-unknown radius. Any human coming within range of SCP-6674's memetic effect will be compelled to approach SCP-6674 (henceforth referred to as SCP-6674-2). The SCP-6674-2 instance will enter SCP-6674 once they reach it, after which SCP-6674 will close its entrances.

After entering, the SCP-6674-2 instance will lose consciousness and experience an event designated SCP-6674-1. Upon waking up after an indeterminate amount of time, subjects have noted that SCP-6674 was taking off or on occasions already in the air. Attempting to look outside of SCP-6674 is impossible beyond a few meters, the windows are stated to be darkened and the outside covered by a layer of clouds reminiscent of a thunderstorm.

Occasionally, some SCP-6674-2 instances have reported feeling a constant unease, stating that they felt "watched" throughout their stay in SCP-6674. After a certain amount of time, the door leading to SCP-6674's cockpit will open violently. Upon investigating the cockpit, the subject will suddenly wake up a few meters from where SCP-6674 had landed, with both the landing strip and SCP-6674 nowhere to be found.

After experiencing SCP-6674-1, affected instances will always display one of two behaviors:
- Behavior Alpha(α): SCP-6674-2 will not show any fear regarding the concept of death, no matter their previous stance on the matter. This usually leads to the subject doing high-risk tasks with no concern for their well-being.
- Behavior Beta(β): SCP-6674-2 will experience an extreme case of thanatophobia1. Subjects affected by this also display an acute fear of planes, refusing to enter or in some cases even approach one.

Amnestics administered to SCP-6674-2 instances have shown to somewhat lessen these behaviors, however the effectiveness of the amnestics varies between individuals. A third behavior, Behavior Gamma(γ), is theorized to exist. [See Addendum 6674.]

Name: Agent Richter
Date of initial encounter: 12/29/1975
Behavior: Alpha

Result: Agent Richter was the first foundation personnel to fall under the effects of SCP-6674, although accidental in nature. Agent Richter claims to have been within SCP-6674 for three hours before waking up in Site-248's infirmary. During this time Agent Richter claims to have not experienced anything in particular until entering the cockpit, aside from a constant feeling of being watched. It was also noted that no sound except their own breathing could be heard while within SCP-6674.

Note: Following their experience within SCP-6674, Agent Richter's behavior drastically changed. Originally described as a skittish person by the personnel at Site-248, Agent Richter began volunteering to partake in various high-risk tasks within the site without regards for their safety.


Records assigned to SCP-6674 indicate that before displaying anomalous abilities, this specific plane took part in bombing raids on the European theater starting in June 1942. The earliest record suggesting anomalous behavior dates to November 1944. SCP-6674 disappeared from the bomber formation while returning from a raid on the city of Bremen, Germany. Accounts by the other bombers in the formation state that the plane lagged behind due to having suffered heavy damage by German flak.

Several days following the raid, personnel on a British army base near Brussels, Belgium spotted a B-17G2, flying towards them with its landing gears down. With no landing scheduled, the base personnel presumed it was an emergency landing situation and reacted accordingly. SCP-6674 performed a fast and uncontrolled landing which narrowly reached the end of the landing strip. When none of the crew exited the bomber after 15 minutes, on-site personnel entered the damaged plane. The following is a report of what was discovered within SCP-6674:

We now made a thorough search and our most remarkable find in the fuselage was about a dozen parachutes neatly wrapped and ready for clipping on. This made the whereabouts of the crew even more mysterious. The Sperry bomb-sight remained in the nose, quite undamaged, with its cover neatly folded beside it. Back on the navigator’s desk was the code book giving the colors and letters of the day for identification purposes. Various fur-lined flying jackets lay in the fuselage together with a few bars of chocolate, partly consumed in some cases.
Amazingly, the B-17’s crew was nowhere in sight. Not even their dead bodies remained in the bomber. The only significant clue seemed to be the last note in the codebook: “bad flak.” Despite such a message, the plane lacked any exterior damage. More to the point, the parachutes remained, meaning if anyone did bail out, they must have done so to certain death.

Major John Crisp


Following the inspection, SCP-6674 was placed in a hangar from which it disappeared several weeks later during an air attack by German V-1 flying bombs. The hangar in which SCP-6674 was placed was hit directly by one of the rockets. After the fire was put out, the wreck of SCP-6674 couldn’t be located within the collapsed building.

Addendum 6674:

« SCP-6673 | SCP-6674 | SCP-6675 »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License