SCP-6650

rating: +28+x
Item#: SCP-6650
Level3
Containment Class:
neutralized
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
caution

6650A.jpg

The album containing SCP-6650

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6650 is to be secured in a locked container in Site-76. Instances of SCP-6650 are to be treated with care, and returned into their respective slots in the album afterwards. Any personnel viewing the pictures must be accompanied by at least 2 guards. No more than 2 people are to be allowed to view SCP-6650 simultaneously.

At the end of a viewing session all personnel that have viewed SCP-6650 are to be escorted outside of the containment area, and are required to undergo a 30 minute resting period under guard surveillance before returning to any other duties.

Any text written on the items is to be read out loud only during testing periods, and any audio recorded during this is to be reviewed immediately after testing. Any change in the behavior of SCP-6650-A is to be reported immediately.

All personnel with full access to this file are to be denied access to SCP-6650.1

Description: SCP-6650 is a series of anomalous items consisting of a total of 12 11 anomalous photographs, notes and similar memorabilia (designated from SCP-6650-1 to SCP-6650-11 respectively), stored inside a photo album. The album itself has minor damage consistent with its age and is non-anomalous. The ages of SCP-6650 instances vary between 5 and 67 years, each one depicting a moment in the life of Nicholas Baileford.

Viewing any of the photographic items will affect the viewer psychologically, seemingly projecting feelings appropriate of the events portrayed in the photo, causing the viewer to feel as if they are present in the events of the picture. Additionally, when viewing certain instances of SCP-6650 the viewer is able to describe the people portrayed in the photos as if they possess knowledge of them to some extent, acquiring information such as the names, habits and preferences of said individuals. These effects last for approximately 42-60 seconds, though will end immediately should the viewer be affected by the effects of another SCP-6650 instance, which will replace the current effect. The exact time of activation measured from the point of which eye contact is made varies with each time, and so far no clear patterns have been observed.2

The non-photographic items display significantly different anomalous effects compared to the photographic items, which require only visual contact in order to trigger any anomalous effects. These text based anomalies trigger in a situation when one is read out loud. Personnel listening through audio recording devices report hearing a feminine voice instead of the vocalization of the person reading, while personnel present in the area of which the given text is read are unaffected by the anomaly. This voice (Designated as SCP-6650-A) has been reported laughing, referring to nonsensical events, and expressing benevolence towards the person reading the anomalous text.

The fact that so far each subject affected by the photographic items of SCP-6650 has reacted very similarly to one another seems to suggest the anomalous feelings are experienced as those of the same individual, currently theorized to be those of Nicholas Baileford. The viewer's sense of self is retained throughout the entire experience.

SCP-6650 was discovered in the home of Norman Taylor, located in Bristol, England. Taylor reported obtaining the album along with SCP-6650 from an auction in which the possessions of Nicholas Baileford were sold, as Nicholas didn't have any heirs nor a will.
A Foundation agent was alerted through an intercepted phone call to the local photographer in which Taylor described the item as well as its properties. A recovery team was dispatched, and SCP-6650 along with Taylor were brought into Foundation custody soon after. A background check confirmed Taylor's story, and he was released from foundation custody after being amnesticized.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License