SCP-6647
rating: +27+x

Item #: SCP-6647

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6647 is currently stored in Item Locker 6647 at Site-19. Should any other instances be recovered, they should be stored within Item Locker 6647 after recovery and testing. No further procedures are considered necessary.

Description: SCP-6647 is a liquid substance stored in a red glass perfume bottle. SCP-6647 is comprised of a lemon extract, a lime extract, an unknown liquid substance, and a human blood-like substance. The bottle is labelled "Imperception de Citron."1 The bottom of the bottle possesses a series of unidentified thaumaturgical symbols carved into the glass.

When SCP-6647 is applied directly to the skin using the bottle's spraying device, the wearer's presence is forgotten by other persons at the wearer's discretion. These persons will be unable to perceive the wearer unless they are directly touched. Immediate memories of the wearer will be removed from the memory in a manner similar to the application of a Class-A amnestic. This is true for wearers being viewed on live video feeds and similar media as well, although recordings which are at least ten minutes old are unaffected.

The effects of SCP-6647 will dissipate within ten minutes, or when the subject is perceived by touch. Lost memories of the wearer, as well as memories of perceiving the wearer while under its effects, will return to those affected by it. This often creates brief moments of panic or confusion. The substance emits a Hume level of 100.25 and creates a notably strong citrus scent.2

SCP-6647 was discovered on 8/1/2022, when Site-19 security personnel were alerted to a suspicious package which manifested in the site's mail room. The package was investigated and found to have a Hume level of 100.5. The package was found to contain SCP-6647 and a note. The note provides the global positioning coordinates of GoI-6696, and a request to "clean them up." This information is included for its relevancy to Investigation 6647 to aid investigators and may not be relevant to this article.

Addendum 6647-1: Testing Logs

NOTICE: Due to the nature of SCP-6647 and the possibility of successful escape attempts being made by Class-D Personnel, testing is to be halted indefinitely. Requests for testing may be made to your Site Director's office, accompanied by proof of Level-3 credentials.

Test #: 01
Date: 8/1/2022
Subject: D-8675309
Procedure: Apply SCP-6647 to the subject's face, under the chin.

Results: Subject was immediately forgotten by researchers. Believing the subject had not yet been brought to the testing lab, researchers contacted site security to request a new test subject be brought to them. On realizing this, D-8675309 left the room and began wandering the building in search of the exit. Researchers noted that the room smelled strongly of lemons, even while under SCP-6647's effects.

Additional Notes: Thanks solely to the labyrinthine nature of this facility, D-8675309 was recaptured without issue, but they very easily could've left if they knew the route. I suggest we halt testing entirely, unless someone on staff would like to volunteer.

Test #: 02
Date: 8/1/2022
Subject: D-8675310
Procedure: Apply SCP-6647 to the subject's face, under the chin.

Foreword (opt.): This test was performed as a result of the previous test, prior to the effect wearing off.

Results: Subject was immediately forgotten by researchers. Before researchers could contact site security to bring a new test subject, the effect from Test #01 wore off, causing researchers to panic and contact site security to locate D-8675309. On realizing this, D-8675310 left the room and began wandering the building in search of the exit. Researchers noted that the room smelled strongly of lemons.

Additional Notes: D-8675310 managed to locate the exit and was apprehended at the front gate after the effect wore off.

Addendum 6647-2: Incident Information


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License