SCP-6631


rating: +6+x
Item#: 6631
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
critical

Special Containment Procedures: The town of Willimantic, Connecticut is to be fenced off in 5km. Roads leading to all nearby towns are to be closed off and rerouted (refer to Protocol Shiva-7-1). Civilians who attempt to enter the five-kilometer exclusion zone around Willimantic will be detained and transported to Outpost-VI for questioning and Class-B amnestics. The area around Willimantic has been declared an official no-fly zone for all commercial and recreational aerocrafts. Any aeroplanes are to be cautioned of the $750,000 penalty for entering the restricted zone. Aeroplanes that disregard this warning are to be located and administered Class-B amnestics upon landing. Cover stories of chemical waste within the town are to be broadcasted.

Updated Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6631 is to be held in a standard containment unit in Sub-Level 4 of Site-77. SCP-6631 is to be covered at all times with on-site guards stationed outside of the containment unit. Access to SCP-6631's containment unit is restricted to personnel with Level 3 clearance who have undergone cognitohazardous resistance training.


Description: SCP-6631 is a 3-dimensional triangular obsidian monument, measuring 1.14m in height and 15cm in width. When deactivated, SCP-6631 illuminates a cognitohazardous light which influences victims to approach and reactivate the object. Once the victim reactivates SCP-6631, they become SCP-6631-A.

SCP-6631-A is a singular entity that has made physical contact with SCP-6631, causing its lower body and forearms to fuse to the surface. SCP-6631-A increases its cognitohazardous reach via a yellow triangular glyph that appears 65-meters in the sky. The glyph emits a 32,000LM1 that converts witnesses into instances of SCP-6631-1. Additionally, it disrupts any nearby electronic device, potentially rendering them ineffective.

SCP-6631-1 designates a collection of organic entities that act as a collective consciousness for SCP-6631-A and SCP-6631-B. SCP-6631 emits a yellow light from their opened mouths and eyes. Becoming an SCP-6631 is caused by viewing SCP-6631-A's glyph and is instantaneous. As SCP-6631-1 instances as a vessel for SCP-6631-A and SCP-6631-B. Affected entities are incapable of acting independently and frequently starve themselves. SCP-6631-1's primary objective appears to be locating organic entities and converting them into other SCP-6631-1 instances.

SCP-6631-B designates an organic entity that has control over SCP-6631-1 instances without being fused to SCP-6631. Becoming an SCP-6631-B instance is unknown. SCP-6631-B can verbally command all SCP-6631 instances remotely. Despite retaining their sentience, there is speculation that SCP-6631-B instances are partially controlled by SCP-6631.


Discovery: In 2010, 172 people were reported missing across the state of Connecticut in the span of two months. No traces of the missing persons were found during the investigations spearheaded by local law enforcement. Once the public grew aware of the rising number of missing persons across the state of Connecticut, the Federal Bureau of Investigations were involved, but their findings were inconclusive.

During the period of high missing persons cases, a satellite belonging to the multinational cable channel CNN captured footage of SCP-6631 located at the Pomeroy State Park Scenic Reserve. When Foundation Containment Teams were dispatched, they were approached by the Unusual Incidents Unit, who provided footage from a dashboard camera from a subject named Jerry Nicolson. A 26-year-old caucasian male who was affiliated with Parawatch. When Foundation gained access to his account, he made a post the week before his disappearance.


Addendum-1: Jerry Nicolson

1nterf4cer 05/02/10 (Sunday) 23:50:12 #68491173


I hid in a corner of my closet when they came. there were loud thuds, glass breaking, and yellow lights through the cracks of my door. My parents and little brother screamed along with the other neighbors that those people took. It was early, like 3 am early. After a while, things got quieter and I went to see all of Liberty Hill empty. Houses busted in and wrecked like an earthquake hit.

I got a police station from another town to come to pick me up and they asked a bunch of questions. There wasn't much for me to say, obviously.

I gotta go back. I have to find them. Get to the bottom of this.

Wish me luck.

After the disappearance of Jerry Nicolson, UIU investigators found his abandoned car in the middle of the road. A large trail of blood followed this but no bodies were found. When Foundation personnel arrived at the scene, the UIU handed them a recovered dashboard camera.


Addendum-2: Drone Video footage

Foundation personnel was deployed to fence off the exclusion zone of all SCP-6631 activity. No traces of SCP-6631-1 instances were reported during the containment. The Foundation deployed Mobile Task Force Iota-12 ("Woodlanders"), with handpicked agents who had undertaken the A.I.M. Course.2

On their return to Site-77, only two agents of Iota-12 were recovered, while the rest were deemed M.I.A. The following footage is as followed:


Addendum-3: MTF Iota-12 Exploration

All attempts at exploration were put on hold following the return of Lt. Aidens. The handwritten journal Lt. Aidens recovered is transcribed below:


Addendum-4: Capt. Duke Odum

A week later, all SCP-6631-1 instances had lost their anomalous properties and had reverted to non-anomalous humans. Class-A amnestics were administered to the civilians and Foundation personnel evacuated the area under the guise of the National Guard. 2 days later, Foundation personnel entered the farmhouse and recovered SCP-6631 and all missing MTF Iota-12 agents. The events leading to the deactivation of SCP-6631 were captured in Capt. Odum's body camera.

Capt. Odum was recovered and kept under medical supervision for 2 weeks. On-site psychologist Dr. Fisk Lasso had to evaluate Capt. Odum's condition due to prolonged exposure to SCP-6631's influence.

As requested, Capt. Odum is on temporary leave for 2 months.

« SCP-6630 | SCP-6631 | SCP-6632 »

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License