SCP-6617
rating: +21+x

Item #: SCP-6617

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: A one-kilometer perimeter around SCP-6617 is to be patrolled by the SCPF Thalassa to prevent civilian vessels from entering it. Should the SCPF Thalassa sustain damage requiring it to leave its patrol, another Foundation vessel of similar size is to be sent in its place immediately. All personnel onboard the SCPF Thalassa are to not look in the direction of SCP-6617 or SCP-6617-1 under any circumstances. Personnel acting strangely or expressing the desire to rescue SCP-6617-1 must be restrained and taken at least three kilometers away from SCP-6617. All supplies for Research Outpost 6617 must be delivered by air. Radio contact with Research Outpost 6617 should be maintained at all times.

Description: SCP-6617 is an island one kilometer in length located in the Atlantic Ocean. This island is not recorded on civilian maps or in any other records. If any living subject enters within 50 meters of SCP-6617, they physically cannot be taken away from it. Attempts to airlift or tow subjects away from it always end in failure, and attempts to swim or fly away from SCP-6617 always end in the subject ending up back where they started. No food or water sources have been found on
SCP-6617, although evidence of human habitation lasting at least a month has been found on the northern tip.

SCP-6617-1 is a humanoid female of Mediterranean descent with the anomalous property of influencing humans who directly view it to approach it. Humans who have seen SCP-6617-1 will express a strong desire to rescue it, even though SCP-6617-1 is not in any physical danger. SCP-6617-1 is affected by SCP-6617's properties, and cannot leave SCP-6617. Combined with its properties, this means that viewing SCP-6617-1 will usually result in becoming trapped on SCP-6617. SCP-6617-1 does not age, and it does not require food or water. SCP-6617-1 is affected by environmental hazards such as sunburn but cannot be killed by said environmental hazards. SCP-6617-1 stays inside Research Outpost 6617 for its own safety and comfort, but it has expressed on multiple occasions the desire to keep others safe by staying out of sight. Those already on SCP-6617 cannot be affected by viewing SCP-6617-1.

SCP-6617 Discovery: After reports of a small yacht going missing and sending out a radio message describing a woman on an island, a team of eight Foundation agents were sent to the yacht's last known location. Upon viewing SCP-6617-1, the team changed course for SCP-6617, running aground approximately 60 meters away from it. The agents immediately swam the rest of the way to SCP-6617 and became trapped by its effects. The following radio transcripts detail the efforts designed to rescue the trapped agents and the establishment of Research Outpost 6617.

After these radio logs, Research Outpost 6617 was constructed on the southern side of SCP-6617. Agents Pierre, Lang, Peters, Roberts, Acker, Ash, Fargo, and Porter are the only staff present. They are overseen by researchers aboard the SCPF Thalassa, after the SCPF Pontus was required elsewhere.

Addendum 6617a:

Addendum 6617b: Therapy Logs

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License