SCP-6616
rating: +44+x

Item #: SCP-6616

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6616 is to be patrolled by MTF Zeta-9 (“Mole Rats”) annually from October 18th to October 24th. Agents are to enter the anomaly unarmed and in civilian clothing to avoid alerting its occupying force. Zeta-9 is to remain in the anomaly for 12 hours each day during its period of activation. No other Foundation personnel are permitted to enter the anomaly under any circumstances. Any Foundation personnel found to be in attendance will face severe repercussions.

Description: SCP-6616 is an anomalous convention center that appears annually in major metropolitan areas around the world from October 18th until the 24th. Its annual locations seem to be random, with the only consistent factor being the week long period that it is active. During its period of activation, SCP-6616 acts as grounds for an event called “AnomalyCon”. This annual convention serves as a place where individuals and groups involved with the anomalous can meet and discuss said anomalies freely without fear of backlash or violence from other individuals or groups.

The convention center is occupied by an unidentified group of extremely potent reality benders known as “The STAFF” (SCP-6616-1). The main objective of the SCP-6616-1 entities seems to be keeping the peace during the conventions period of activation.

SCP-6616 itself is weakly antimemetic and cannot be found unless it is being purposely searched for. It is unknown whether this is a property of the building or brought on by the SCP-6616-1 entities. Because of this secondary property, there appears to be no risk of a Broken Masquerade scenario, though keeping civilians away from the center should still be a primary objective.

Below is a log detailing the discovery of SCP-6616, as well as Zeta-9's first encounter with the anomaly.


REQUEST TO EDIT: SCP-6616

This is a formal request to edit the SCP-6616 document, including new information on the SCP-6616-1 entities.


Object Class: All SCP-6616-1 entities should be considered Keter class sub-anomalous humanoids.

Special Containment Procedures: To avoid detection, all personnel inside of SCP-6616 should remain in disguise at all times and keep interactions with other patrons to an absolute minimum, unless said interaction would aid in remaining undetected.

Description: SCP-6616-1 is the collective designation given to the group of reality benders that patrol SCP-6616. The foundation does not currently know how capable these type greens are, however, according to rumors gathered from patrons of SCP-6616 by Zeta-9, each one is extremely potent. As a group, they are known as "The STAFF".

Each SCP-6616-1 entity is dressed exactly the same. A purple collared shirt under a black overcoat. Black pants, black boots, and purple gloves. Always on the right breast of the overcoat is the word “STAFF” in white, while pinned to the left breast is a name tag with the entity’s name on it.

Coinciding with their reality bending properties, each SCP-6616-1 entity seems to have a secondary anomalous effect that activates when on recording of any kind. When filmed or photographed, the faces of all SCP-6616-1 entities become covered with black censor bars that read “STAFF”. According to Zeta-9, all SCP-6616-1 entities encountered within SCP-6616 did have different features (hair color, eye color, body type, ethnicity, etc…). But when asked to recall them, Zeta-9 could not, suggesting that each SCP-6616-1 entity has a similar antimemetic effect to SCP-6616 itself.

The purpose of these entities is enforcing SCP-6616’s only rule: no fighting. The consequences of breaking this rule are unknown, however, it is likely that they are quite severe.*

Leading the SCP-6616-1 entities is a being known as The Supervisor. No information on it has been gathered.

*As I’m sure you will all recall, we lost contact with our Serpent’s Hand plant on October 20th of last year. This does not seem like a coincidence to me. Poor kid.

— Dr. Thomas Mayhew

Below is are logs continuing Zeta-9’s exploration of SCP-6616.

Reproduced below is a note that was taped to the door of Zeta-9’s room, upon their return to Site-78.

Mole Rats.

Under circumstances any more dire than the predicament we currently find ourselves in, you would all have your memories of the past few days erased. Your team would be disbanded and you would all be sent to the farthest corners of this Foundation. Lucky for you, your team still manages to have some shred of usefulness. Right now, you three serve as the “leading experts” on SCP-6616. Had it not been for The Outsider’s4 foolish sense of rebellion, he could have taken your place, and much more competently, I suppose. But that’s besides the point. How he managed to attend this convention for years without our knowledge is something we’re still trying to figure out. He has proven to be quite adept at keeping his mouth shut. If we knew that all it took to shut him up was sending him somewhere he could flaunt his fake power for a week, we would have done it years ago. Your team is now tasked with investigating the anomaly each year, during its period of activation. You will gather notes, rumors, pictures, videos, products and anything else you can. DO NOT MAKE YOUR INTENTIONS KNOWN. And do not worry about The Supervisor. We will deal with her when the time comes. You are not to reveal that you saw The Outsider in attendance. We will know if you did. You should receive an email from The Outsider any minute now with his own apology. Read it, then delete it. Any more questions, you can aim at your site director. Goodbye. For now.

- 05-2, The Final Stand




After Action Report

On October 24th at 6:00 pm, SCP-6616 vanished from Washington, D.C. All attempts to locate the convention center or any SCP-6616-1 entities have failed. Approximately one hour after its disappearance, a card addressed to 05-12 was left at Site-78. The contents of the card have been reproduced below.

AnomalyCon 2020!


We hope everyone had an amazing AnomalyCon this year! You all know The STAFF and I strive for a better experience every year, and this year was no different! Despite the very minor interruption, our friends over at Marshall, Carter and Dark Ltd had an amazing and thought-provoking panel, and with amazing products from both The Factory and Dr. Wondertainment, I think it’s safe to say that this year is one to remember! And we'd all like to wish a very happy 5th anniversary to the SCP Foundation! AnomalyCon wouldn’t be the same without you! We can’t wait to see what you bring to the panel floor next year! And on that note, we hope everyone has an amazing rest of their year, and we look forward to seeing you all next year in Eagle Point, Oregon Portland, Maine!

- The Supervisor


(P.S. - Next year, make sure you know how to get in before you arrive. Thanks.)

- Derek, Supervisor’s assistant

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License