SCP-6611
rating: +42+x
Item#: 6611
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
danger

elephant_africa_okavango_delta_216834.jpg

SCP-6611-1, SCP-6611-2-3, and SCP-6611-17, Photographed in the Bale Mountains National Park in Ethiopia, 09/23/19


Special Containment Procedures: All SCP-6611 instances are to be kept in the decommissioned Large Aircraft Hangar Complex 12 on Site-427. All of the 5,000 square meter space has been repurposed with a 2.4-meter tall vertical steel railing, a surrounding dry moat measuring 3-meters wide and 2.4-meters deep, and a 2.4-meter tall wall of concrete and rebar reinforcing the interior of the steel walls. A single steel gate and drawbridge capable of withstanding a weight of 6000 kilograms have been installed within the facility. 20 security cameras have been installed throughout the enclosure area, which provides a live feed that is recorded to Site-427’s Observational Research Wing (ORW) at all times. Per requests from Doctor Coetzer, Site-427 Director Hill approved the installation of the following amenities:

  • One 150 kiloliter pool
  • Four 2 meter tall piles of dirt
  • Twelve dead trees originating from the African savannah
  • Various stimulatory items
  • Six overhead heaters

As of the completion of this complex’s repurposing on 09/27/2019, Site Director Hill has assigned Doctor Coetzer to lead all facility operations including general upkeep and care of SCP-6611 instances. Level 3 Personnel may make a formal request to perform tests on SCP-6611 to Site Director Hill, with all detailed inquiries directed to be sent to ten.pics|lliheduj#ten.pics|lliheduj.

Following Incident SCP-6611-D (See Incident Log SCP-6611-D) Site Director Hill prohibits all Foundation activity within SCP-6611’s enclosure without the use of Protocol 20KX-Hill unless personally approved by Site Director Hill. Any staff experiencing abnormal dreams are to report to Dr. Coetzer promptly.

Protocol 20KX-Hill:Before Foundation personnel entering the enclosure area of the facility, all instances of SCP-6611 are to be injected with 1 gram of xylazine via tranquilizer dart. The gate and bridge of the enclosure are not to be opened until all 20 instances have been visibly unconscious for no less than ten minutes. At this point, only D-Class personnel are permitted to directly interact with SCP-6611 instances. Any D-Class activity must be directed by Doctor Coetzer and her staff via remote radio transmission and live viewing from Site-427’s ORW. All D-Class personnel are to evacuate the enclosure area 45 minutes after entering the facility, and the gate and bridge are to be closed at 50 minutes regardless of the evacuation status of D-Class personnel. If that any SCP-6611 instance is to awaken within this 50-minute window, the gate and bridge are to be immediately closed and all D-Class personnel within the enclosure area are to be considered deceased. Violation of this protocol in any capacity is punishable by detainment at the discretion of Site Director Hill.

Description: SCP-6611 is the collective designation for a group of Loxodonta africana (African Bush Elephants). SCP-6611-1 is an adult African Bush Elephant estimated to be around 70 years old and serves as the matriarch of the herd (hereafter referred to as SCP-6611-2), which consists of 19 African Bush Elephants. They are physically identical to nonanomalous African Bush Elephants (See Test Log SCP-6611-A). SCP-6611-1’s anomalous properties were discovered by zoologist Doctor Verwey of the African Wildlife Foundation in August of 2019. Doctor Verwey and her team of eight conservationists had been following SCP-6611 in the Bale Mountains National Park in Ethiopia to study the behavior of this herd. During this expedition, they observed the herd performing unusual behaviors, reminiscent of ritualistic practices, including:

  • Traveling to locations of previous herd members' graves as determined by the discovery of African Bush Elephant remains at each location (See Report SCP-6611-Verwey-A).
  • Mourning a recently deceased 21st member of their herd by collecting its remains, burying the body, collecting flowers and fruit, and circling the gravesite until around midnight.
  • Using clay and other natural substances to create artistic designs on each others’ faces and torsos during the day before a full moon.
  • Creating noises in harmony similar to a song during dusk before a full moon.
  • Walking in a circle while waving leafed tree branches towards the full moon from midnight to dawn when not at a gravesite.
  • Bathing off the clay designs the day after a full moon.

The majority of these behaviors have already been well-documented by civilian zoologists. After observing these behaviors the expedition observed SCP-6611-1 begin to be sluggish and display symptoms that Doctor Verwey found consistent with an elephant near death. The expedition watched SCP-6611-2 console SCP-6611-1, who survived until the full moon of August 2019. That night, SCP-6611 was attacked by a pride of Panthera leo (African Lions). This resulted in no casualties amongst SCP-6611, however, five members of the lion pride were killed in the altercation. After the attack, a new ritual took place:

  • SCP-6611 walked to the top of a nearby hill while dragging the bodies of the dead lions with them.
  • SCP-6611-1 falls dead, and the dead lions are placed around SCP-6611-1.
  • SCP-6611-2 circles the pile of bodies from midnight until dusk, waving leafed branches towards the moon and “singing” throughout the night.
  • The bodies are seen rapidly decomposing, with the smell of rotting flesh reaching the observers within the first hour of the ritual.
  • By morning, the bodies have disintegrated beyond recognition.
  • From the opposite side of the hill from the expedition's vantage point, an unharmed SCP-6611-1 walks to the top of the hill and gives a vocalization louder than should be physically possible.

After witnessing the revival, the expedition returned to the Bale Mountains National Park Office and told the experience to those there while providing video evidence of the event. One Ignotus Initiative1 agent stationed at the Bale Mountains National Park undercover as a member of the Bale Mountains National Park staff reported the anomaly to the Foundation. Foundation officials apprehended the expedition team, administered amnestics to the Bale Mountains National Park staff, and seized the camera which contained the video of the event. During the period between Ignotus Initiative Agent Michelle Ire reporting the anomaly and the arrival of Mobile Task Force Iota-5 "The Rangers", all members of the expedition team experienced unusual dreams containing SCP-6611 (See Interview Log SCP-6611-A). Using information collected via interviews of the expedition team, the Foundation confirmed that the video of the event had not been shared beyond the previously mentioned individuals. MTF Iota-5 tracked SCP-6611 until the containment facility completed repurposing. All members of the civilian expedition were given amnestics and returned to Ethiopia except for Doctor Verwey who agreed to work under Doctor Coetzer as a Foundation employee.

Addendum:


Interview Log SCP-6611-A

Interviewer: Doctor Telzah, Foundation Biologist and Anomalous Organism Specialist

Interviewee: Doctor Verwey, civilian Zoologist, discoverer of SCP-6611

Foreword: The interview takes place on 08/27/19 after the detainment of Dr. Verwey and her team in response to Ignotus Initiative Field Agent Ire report of an anomalous event with witnesses. Dr. Verwey was the final interview of these detainees. Previous interviews have been discarded due to irrelevant content within and upholding civilian privacy.

<Begin Audio Log>

[Site-427 ORW]

Telzah: Good evening Doctor, how are you feeling?

Verwey: Pretty shook up, honestly. It’s been a wild past few days, and everything has been so fast and confusing.

Telzah: I can imagine. Things get pretty strange around here, I'd drop your preconceptions about reality while you’re here.

Verwey: Is that right? (CHUCKLES) I’m still in disbelief about what I saw, and being dragged out of Ethiopia, freaked me the hell out.

Telzah: That tends to be how they do things around here. That aside, I’m here to interview you about everything you experienced surrounding the event. What I typically do here is work with animals like this directly, however in this particular case I’ve been asked to keep records of everything surrounding this event.

Verwey: So you’re interrogating me?

Telzah: No, I’m just trying to understand what happened to you and your team. Can you begin with the event in question?

Verwey: You mean Kamali coming back to life? I don’t really know what else to say other than we watched her body decompose all that night and as soon as the sun came up she reappeared out of thin air. I thought I was going crazy, but the rest of my team saw it too. At first, I thought one of them packed some sort of drugs and we all got second-hand, but I checked everyone’s things and there was nothing of the sort.

(PUTS HANDS IN FACE AND RUBS EYES)

We were all in disbelief about what we saw, and some of my colleagues were frustrated at me for insisting on checking their packs, and they showed me the video that they got of the revival. We called it quits and went back to the Bale Mountains Park Office. Reported what we saw to the rangers and all went home.

Telzah: And it was after this point that you and the others began having abnormal dreams?

Verwey: Yeah… that’s right.

Telzah: Could you describe to me what you saw?

Verwey: Sure… I was back in the Bale Mountains, I think. I recognized the stream I was standing beside, but I couldn’t make out many of my surroundings. It was like there was a spotlight pointed at me from directly above, and everything else was dark and warping around me. I looked up, and I think the spotlight was coming from the moon? It was full, just like the night we saw Kamali reappear. Everything was still… like, too still.

(VERWEY PAUSES, EYES WANDER)

I could hear the same song the elephants were singing all around me, but it was so faint I could barely even notice it. Not only that, it sounded way more… human… than it did before. I looked around, but I was too scared to leave the light- I guess I felt like something was out to get me in that warping darkness. Then I saw something moving towards me out of the corner of my eye, manifesting in the swirling darkness, and I panicked. I reached for my belt, and I found that I had a gun in my hand. It was almost as if it directly appeared in my hand… I don’t know, dreams are strange I guess.

(VERWEY PAUSES, BROW FOLDS IN THOUGHT)

I looked back up, and an elephant calf had walked just past the edge of the spotlight. She looked directly into my eyes… and I suppose some maternal instinct or something kicked in. I slowly set down the gun to not scare the calf, and I held out my hand to her. Then, it was almost as if a wave passed through the darkness around me, distorting the image even more. I looked around at it, but then the elephant skipped right over to me and nuzzled her head up to my chest. It startled me but I gave her a few pats on the head. And then…

(MOMENTS OF SILENCE, VERWEY LOOKS DOWN WITH A FROWN)

Telzah: … And then what happened?

Verwey: … I felt this huge presence looking down on me. As if a giant was right behind me, looking at the back of my head with its enormous eyes. I turned around, but I couldn’t see anything- it was still just a swirling mass of darkness. Then… then the calf nudged its head again, I turned to it, and it looked me right in the eyes and spoke to me.

Telzah: What did it say to you?

Verwey: … It sounded as if every voice in the world was speaking at once. It was so jumbled and incoherent, but one word I picked out and heard over and over was the word 'mercy.' The dream warped and faded away into another scene, one that I recognized from my Sunday school as a child. It was in a desert, along a large body of water. I was floating in the air, looking down on a large group of people rushing towards the water. I had a stone in my hand, and I could see an army approaching the people. I think I was watching Moses take the Israelites out of Egypt.

(LOOK OF CONFUSION)

Verwey: And… I heard Moses ask me for help- me specifically. So I threw the rock at the army, and it impacted with a world-shaking explosion on the ground. The sound was so loud and everything around me shook so violently, it stirred me awake.

(MOMENTS OF SILENCE)

Telzah: What do you think all of this was about?

Verwey: I don’t know, and still don't, to be honest. I woke up shortly after in a cold sweat and didn’t think much of it. Texted one of my colleagues, ███ ██████2, and he told me he had the exact same dream. I knew that it wasn’t just a normal dream after that. We asked the others, and it was the same with each and every member of my team. I was scared, and I think they all were too. What the voices said were so vague and they haunted me… but then we were all taken here, which frankly has shaken me up even more.

Telzah: I apologize for the distress this all has caused you, Doctor Verwey. We try our best to make things as easy for those who we need to detain as possible, but I'm sure you can understand that that only is realistic to a point. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you feel more comfortable at this time.

Verwey: (EASES) …Thank you, I appreciate that a lot.

Telzah: If there is nothing more that you feel that we need to know, then I believe that's all I will need from you at this time.

Verwey: (CONCERNED TONE) So what happens to me now?

Telzah: Standard procedure is that once we have received enough information from civilians, they will be administered an amnestic compound. This will eliminate their memories of the classified information, and they will be returned to live their lives as they would normally.

Verwey: (SHOCKED) So you’re just gonna cut those memories out of my own head after I give you what you want? I’m sure that as a scientist, even if you work for the government or something, you wouldn’t want to lose this kind of knowledge either- this is the kind of stuff that can change the scientific community forever. (STERN) I refuse to be given this drug, whatever it is.

Telzah: I’m afraid that you don’t have a choice, according to protocol. That being said, I can talk to my superior about her hiring you as a member of her staff. You will be administered amnestics unless you have more to offer us, so offering your services directly would allow you to keep your memories. The stipulation would be your agreeing to do whatever we assign you, and of course, keep classified information just that- classified.

Verwey: So I either work for this place, whatever the hell it is, from here on out- or I lose my memory?

Telzah: That is correct.

Verwey: Will this be offered to my colleagues?

Telzah: That is highly unlikely. They do not have nearly as many credentials as you do, and frankly, I can only stick my head out so much given my position.

Verwey: Why would you stick your head out for me? I don’t know you, and you don’t know me.

Telzah: … I feel that a- uh- new perspective that you could bring to the table would greatly benefit our operations, especially regarding these elephants.

Verwey: I see… is there anything else you need from me?

Telzah: Not at this time. I will likely be talking to you in the future, however, so hold tight Dr. Verwey.

Verwey: (NODS)

Telzah: (EXITS ROOM)

<End Log>

Closing Statement: After Interview SCP-6611-A, Dr. Verwey was hired under Dr. Coetzer as an assistant. As per protocol, all other members of the civilian team were administered amnestics and returned to Ethiopia.


Incident Log SCP-6611-A:

DATE: 09/20/19

SUBJECT: SCP-6611

DESCRIPTION: Mobile Task Force Iota-5 “The Rangers” dispatched to identify the site of revival event and track SCP-6611 until the completion of the containment facility. Site and evidence of the revival event were discovered by MTF Iota-5. All members of MTF Iota-5 reported dreams to MTF Iota-5 Sergeant Moore in the morning of 09/20/19, which upon review were nearly identical to the ones experienced by Zoologist Dr. Verwey and her civilian expedition team (See Interview Log SCP-6611-A). Sergeant Moore reported to headquarters that all MTF Iota-5 members’ dreams were the same, except for if whether or not they shot the elephant. He made a count of 6 men who chose to shoot, and 9 men including himself who did not kill it. On the morning of 09/21/19, Sergeant Moore reported to headquarters that 6 of MTF Iota-5 had gone missing without a trace. After a week of searching with no evidence found of their whereabouts, these individuals have been declared MIA, and the remainder of MTF Iota-5 were ordered to continue tracking SCP-6611.

CASUALTY REPORT:
SCP Items Breached: n/a
SCP Items Missing:
SCP Items Terminated:
Foundation Personnel Injured:
Foundation Personnel Missing: 6
Foundation Personnel Killed:

Memorandum SCP-6611-Coetzer-A

DATE: 10/03/19

TO: All SCP-6611 Staff

FROM: Dr. Coetzer, SCP-6611 Operations Director

SUBJECT: Welcome to SCP-6611 Operations


After a successful and smooth move-in of SCP-6611, we are officially beginning containment operations.

I will be leading operations for the foreseeable future. Each of you has been sent individual assignments regarding the upkeep of this complex; if any of you have any questions or clarifications about their role, please contact me as soon as possible.

We have two new members of our staff who will be acting as my assistants. Dr. Verwey is a seasoned Zoologist with personal experience with SCP-6611, and as such will be aiding me and others in daily upkeep. Dr. Telzah is an Anomalous Organism Specialist, and although is assigned primarily for administrative duties, he will be a knowledgeable resource as well.

Dr. Telzah has recently completed the database entry for SCP-6611, and you are all required to read the Special Containment Procedures before your first shift. Although Site Director Hill has approved the construction and upkeep of this complex, we are on a very tight budget. As such, we cannot afford to make expensive mistakes. I will not hesitate to reprimand those who act negligently.

I am looking forward to working with you all.


Report SCP-6611-Verwey-A

DATE: 10/10/19

TO: Dr. Coetzer, SCP-6611 Operations Director

FROM: Dr. Verwey, SCP-6611 Assistant Zoologist

SUBJECT: Report on Proto-Cultural Behavior


As per your request, here is all of the information that I have gathered based on previous experiences with the herd:

Before this most recent expedition, I had followed this herd on two other occasions. Professors from Addis Ababa University had led previous expeditions in years past studying this group in particular with their doctoral students, so as such I participated in one during my studies there. They taught us the typical procedure for such scientific endeavors and used this herd as an example of a typical herd of elephants. At that time, they were just that: a typical herd of elephants. We observed behavior consistent with well-recorded data of elephant activity, with the waving of branches at the full moon standing out the most. While this was fascinating to me due to just how intelligent they were, this was nothing new to the professors leading the expedition. I remember them remarking on the unique intelligence of Kamali, who was a young matriarch at the time. Nothing out of the ordinary for elephants per se, but they had been recording her unique vocalizations towards the other elephants, observing her demonstrating survival skills such as the use of mud as sunblock or a branch to reach hard-to-get vegetation, and witnessed the other members of her herd, by her lead, work in unison in a way rare in the animal kingdom. While Kamali was certainly special, she was not abnormal or ground-breaking by scientific standards.

Many years later, I led my first expedition as a Doctor of Zoology. I chose to study this herd once more, frankly due to a fondness I had gained for them. It was a much smaller team than the one I was with during my education, with only four individuals including myself participating. It was on this expedition that I first noticed the development of the herd. We observed all of the elephants utilizing the same unique vocalizations that were recorded solely in Kamali years prior, with new patterns of herd behavior emerging. Previously, the herd would travel throughout the park solely in search of food and water. However, my team and I gathered that they were now visiting the locations where previous members of the herd had died. █████3, one of the younger team members, discovered the bones of an elephant buried at one such site after the herd left the area. We also discovered that the elephants were placing flowers and fruit around the area, which was a new behavior to us all. Why would an elephant waste such a valuable resource, especially while in the African wild? All of this fascinated me, and as such, I mapped the areas that were these so-called “gravesites” and hoped to return one day to further understand this behavior.

However, before the end of that second expedition is when we first witnessed the ritualistic behavior. Two nights before when we would return home, we observed in the middle of the night as Kamali led the herd to a hilltop with many leafed branches held in her trunk. She demonstrated to the others how to wave a branch in the air and handed each member one branch to use. She then began to seemingly corral them into a circle and pushed them to begin walking along the perimeter of said circle. Once the entire herd was walking in a circle, she began a vocalization that was completely new to us. My colleagues noted that it sounded strangely similar to singing. The other elephants attempted to replicate these vocalizations, but it was very disorganized and chaotic. We watched this behavior until daylight, where the activity stopped and the herd left the hilltop.

Having observed all of this, I worked for some time to prepare an appropriately equipped team to learn more about this new behavior. It took roughly two years to set everything in place, and I was very excited to learn more about these fascinating creatures. What happened on that expedition, I’m sure, you are distinctly already aware of.

If you have any more questions for me or require any clarification, please feel free to reach out!


Test Log SCP-6611-A

DATE: 10/20/19

HYPOTHESIS: The chemical makeup of SCP-6611 contains anomalous properties.

EXPERIMENT: A full anatomical inspection, a saliva sample, and a blood sample will be taken from each SCP-6611 instance and be compared to data on non-anomalous African Bush Elephants.

RESULTS:
Anatomical Inspection: Saliva Sample: Blood Sample:
SCP-6611-1 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-1 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-2 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-3 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-4 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-5 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-6 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-7 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-8 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-9 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-10 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-11 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-12 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-13 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-14 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-15 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-16 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-17 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-18 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
SCP-6611-2-19 Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous Non-Anomalous
TOTAL: 0% Anomalous 0% Anomalous 0% Anomalous

CONCLUSIONS: All SCP-6611 instances are physically normal African Bush Elephants. Dr. Coetzer recommends beginning observational studies of SCP-6611 to find anomalous behavior. Site Director Hill recommends future testing of the results of administering anesthetic compound tetrodotoxin-A-B to SCP-6611-1 to create a faux death event to trigger revival behavior.


Proto-Cultural Analysis SCP-6611-Young-A

DATE: 11/03/19

ABSTRACT: Doctor of Anthropology Katherine Young witnessed behavior consistent with Dr. Verwey’s report (See Report SCP-6611-Verwey-A) has been observed alongside the emergence of specialized roles within SCP-6611.

EXECUTION: Doctor Young and her assistant Doctor Beau observed SCP-6611 activity via ORW security cam live feed throughout a two-week period from 10/20/19 to 11/03/19. Doctor Young would observe live feed from 0000 hours to 1200 hours each day, while Doctor Beau would observe live feed from 1200 hours to 0000 hours each day. All activity and trends were recorded as they were witnessed and analyzed during periods of SCP-6611 inactivity.

FINDINGS: At the beginning of the observational period, SCP-6611-1 was witnessed wandering the enclosure area before beginning to make vocalizations towards SCP-6611-2 instances. Throughout two weeks, a routine consistent with aspects of behavior outlined in Doctor Verwey’s report (See Report SCP-6611-Verwey-A) was observed. Specifically, SCP-6611-1 used unique vocalizations to direct SCP-6611-2 instances to perform certain tasks daily. The following roles have been assigned to and executed by SCP-6611 instances throughout the two-week observational period:

  • SCP-6611-1 directs SCP-6611-2 instances through vocalizations.
  • SCP-6611-2-2, SCP-6611-2-9, and SCP-6611-2-17 play with, protect, and nurse SCP-6611-2-3.
  • SCP-6611-2-11, SCP-6611-2-15, SCP-6611-2-18, and SCP-6611-2-19 fetch water via three 5 gallon plastic buckets left within the enclosure area by Doctor Coetzer for stimulatory purposes.
  • SCP-6611-2-6, SCP-6611-2-7, and SCP-6611-2-13 create and apply mud to other SCP-6611-2 instances as a form of sunblock.
  • SCP-6611-2-4, SCP-6611-2-10, and SCP-6611-2-14 utilize sticks and branches to scratch other SCP-6611-2 instances to remove Ixodes scapularis (Deer Tick) and other parasites.
  • SCP-6611-2-5, SCP-6611-2-8, SCP-6611-2-12, and SCP-6611-2-16 carry hay from the restocking area of the enclosure to the location of SCP-6611 to feed other SCP-6611 instances.

However, it is important to note that no ritualistic behavior was observed during this period. This may be due to no full moons occurring during the duration of the observational period, and the only recorded ritualistic behavior occurring exclusively during a full moon.

CONCLUSIONS: SCP-6611 has developed a proto-culture that includes role specialization and leadership. Although no ritualistic activity was observed during the observational period, it can be extrapolated based upon previous reports that this proto-culture has also developed a proto-religion surrounding the moon.


Test Log SCP-6611-B

DATE: 11/05/19

HYPOTHESIS: SCP-6611-2 will initiate revival behavior if instances believe that SCP-6611-1 is deceased.

EXPERIMENT: SCP-6611-1 is administered 1 gram of anesthetic compound tetrodotoxin-A-B via a dart to induce temporary “faux death” in SCP-6611-1 through motor muscular paralysis and heart rate slowed to 10 bpm. SCP-6611-2 will be observed over the 10-minute window of the effect of tetrodotoxin-A-B.

RESULTS: SCP-6611-2 began displaying behavior consistent with signs of distress. Dr. Verwey confirms SCP-6611-2 vocalizations to be that of great emotional pain. No revival behavior was described in previous reports observed. Dr. Coetzer orders the administration of antidote TDT-A-B via dart 5 minutes and 12 seconds into the experiment.

CONCLUSIONS: Dr. Coetzer concludes that “faux death” experiments cannot replicate revival behavior. Site Director Hill requests further “faux death” testing due to the incomplete nature of Test SCP-6611-B. Dr. Coetzer requires written approval from the Ethics Committee to continue “faux death” testing.


Proto-Cultural Analysis SCP-6611-Young-B

DATE: 11/19/19

ABSTRACT: Doctor of Anthropology Katherine Young observed behavior consistent with her previous analysis (See Proto-Cultural Analysis SCP-6611-A) with the addition of new behaviors displaying distress and aggression, as well as SCP-6611-1 teaching SCP-6611-2 how to pick up and swing branches towards Foundation personnel.

EXECUTION: Doctor Young and her assistant Doctor Beau observed SCP-6611-2 activity via ORW security cam live feed throughout a two-week period from 11/05/19 to 11/19/19. Doctor Young would observe live feed from 0000 hours to 1200 hours each day, while Doctor Beau would observe live feed from 1200 hours to 0000 hours each day. All activity and trends were recorded as they were witnessed and analyzed during periods of SCP-6611 inactivity.

FINDINGS: No drastic changes of the specialized roles or SCP-6611 items participating in those specialized roles previously observed (See Proto-Cultural Analysis SCP-6611-A) was witnessed by Doctor Young or Doctor Beau at any point of the observational period. However, after the events of the most recent test (See Test Log SCP-6611-B), new intersocial behavior within SCP-6611 has been observed. Vocalizations have been recorded and confirmed by Doctor Verwey to be consistent with distress, with actions such as one SCP-6611-2 instance nudging its head against another distressed SCP-6611-2 instance displaying active consoling behavior within SCP-6611. SCP-6611-1 was recorded on five different occasions to pick up branches from within the enclosure with its trunk and swing them back and forth, then push SCP-6611-2 instances to replicate the behavior. While observing Foundation personnel restocking the enclosure after the fifth recorded event of SCP-6611-1 teaching SCP-6611-2 instances to pick up and swing branches, SCP-6611 was seen doing so to prevent Foundation personnel from approaching them.

CONCLUSIONS: In response to distress, SCP-6611 has begun to display organized aggressive behavior which is potentially harmful to Foundation personnel. No changes in the specialized role system previously established as a result of distress indicate a reinforcement of this specialized role system. Doctor Coetzer determined that there was no active threat, and encouraged Foundation personnel to respect the distance the SCP-6611 instances were establishing. While it was determined that this created no active threat, this behavior has been noted as aggressive, and as such Doctor Coetzer has ordered that all future personnel entering the enclosure are to be notified of such before entering the facility.


Memorandum SCP-6611-Coetzer-B

DATE: 11/26/19

TO: All SCP-6611 Staff

FROM: Dr. Coetzer, SCP-6611 Operations Director

SUBJECT: Heating Element Disfunction


It has recently been brought to my attention that a number of the heating elements within the enclosure area are not functioning properly. I have sent a request for repairs to our maintenance crew to address it. Please cooperate with them as they arrive.

That being said, I am requesting that all staff stay on watch for symptoms of hypothermia in all SCP-6611 instances. The environment of the Northeastern U.S. is much colder than their natural environment in Ethiopia, so we have to be careful to ensure they are kept at a livable temperature. Inform me immediately if any suspicious symptoms arise.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Keep up the great work.


Incident Log SCP-6611-B:

DATE: 12/25/19

SUBJECT: SCP-6611

DESCRIPTION: SCP-6611-2-3, the only calf of SCP-6611, dies at around 0100 hours. An autopsy after Incident SCP-6611-B finds the cause of death as hypothermia. Off-duty staff all reported a similar dream, described as the staff member holding a child from their personal lives. This child dies of the cold while in a blizzard, with many voices crying all around them. On-duty staff responded to an attempted breach of containment, where the remaining SCP-6611 instances rioted in their enclosure and attacked multiple personnel. SCP-6611-1 was recorded via a security camera pulling a vertical steel rail from its foundation and using it as a battering weapon against Foundation personnel responding to the attempted breach of containment. The riot was only subdued when Dr. Verwey approached SCP-6611-1, who dropped the steel rail and returned peacefully to SCP-6611-2. After the event, Dr. Coetzer requested an Ethics Committee investigation into the maintenance crew of Site-427.

CASUALTY REPORT:
SCP Items Breached:
SCP Items Missing:
SCP Items Terminated: 1
Foundation Personnel Injured: 13
Foundation Personnel Missing:
Foundation Personnel Killed: 5

Incident Log SCP-6611-C:

DATE: 01/10/20

SUBJECT: SCP-6611

DESCRIPTION: Staff at the Site-427 ORW report SCP-6611 beginning a ritual at 1714 hours and begin studying behavior. They describe SCP-6611 walking in a circle while “singing” and waving dead branches towards the air. They found that all of the hay supplied to SCP-6611 had been placed at the center of the circle. At 0000 hours, the power at Site-427 goes out completely. Backup generators at Site-427 fail to operate. Security guards patrolling the outer perimeter of Site-427 report the moon suddenly turning into a new moon, despite that night previously being reported as having a full moon. Sitewide breach events occur due to loss of power. Breach events were ongoing until 01/13/20. All MTF units from Site-415 and Site-408 are requested as backup to contain the breach events. MTF units from Site-415 arrive on 01/11/20, and MTF units from Site-408 arrive on 01/12/20. All of SCP-6611 were found contained within the enclosure region at 0247 hours on 01/13/20. All breach events were declared contained at 0512 hours on 01/13/20.

CASUALTY REPORT:
SCP Items Breached: 41
SCP Items Missing:
SCP Items Terminated: 11
Foundation Personnel Injured: 63
Foundation Personnel Missing: 10
Foundation Personnel Killed: 95

Incident Log SCP-6611-D:

DATE: 01/13/20

SUBJECT: SCP-6611

DESCRIPTION: Staff enter the enclosure area to feed SCP-6611 after the end of Incident SCP-6611-C. Without instigation, SCP-6611 blocks the exit of the enclosure, surrounds all of the staff members, and simultaneously charges the trapped personnel. Six staff members escape the charge with injuries and are recovered by Site-427 Security. Eight staff members were killed in the charge. Site-427 ORW reports SCP-6611 dragging the corpses of the eight deceased staff members to the center of the enclosure. The eight corpses are then placed in a circle, laying on their backs with their limbs sprawled outwards. SCP-6611 begins to circle the ring of corpses, and as they “sing” the bodies of the staff members begin to rapidly decompose. Aggression is displayed towards the Site-427 Security staff recovering the injured staff members, resulting in the failure to recover the bodies of the eight deceased staff members.

Dr. Coetzer declares an evacuation of the facility. During the evacuation, SCP-6611-2-3 can be seen alive and entering the enclosure area from a blind spot in the ORW security camera system. Site-427 Director Hill establishes Protocol 20KX-Hill at 2030 hours on 01/13/20 and resumes operations. Investigation of Site-427 ORW footage reveals evidence of premeditation for these attacks, including SCP-6611-1 gathering dead branches from within the enclosure and distributing them to SCP-6611-2, and pushing SCP-6611-2 instances to particular locations within the enclosure before Foundation personnel entering the enclosure. These branches were used as battering weapons by SCP-6611 and the locations that SCP-6611-2 instances were placed at resulted in the surrounding of Foundation personnel and the exit being blocked during the charge.

CASUALTY REPORT:
SCP Items Breached:
SCP Items Missing:
SCP Items Terminated:
Foundation Personnel Injured: 6
Foundation Personnel Missing:
Foundation Personnel Killed: 8

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ADDENDUM IS LEVEL 4 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS ADDENDUM WITHOUT LEVEL 4 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.

ID
PASSWORD
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License