SCP-6604
rating: +20+x

Item #: SCP-6604

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6604-1, -2, and -3 must be contained individually within separate Class-2 Containment-Storage lockers at sites 12, 14, 15, 17, or 19. At no time should two or more instances be kept in the same locker.

SCP-6604-3 is to be kept in Site-19 Reserved Anomalous Items (RAI) locker No. 4344, along with instances SCP-6604-3-1 through -3-19. SCP-6604-5 instances must be kept in Site-17's Primary Replicas Locker.

All SCP-6604 instance usage and testing must be approved by Level-3 or Level-4 administrative command before proceeding. SCP-6604-3 and three (or fewer) instances of SCP-6604-5 are to be provided to the subject upon request during interviewing processes and passive communication periods between SCP-6604 instances and Foundation staff.

Description: SCP-6604 is a blanket designation given to five conjoining items/item duplicates:

  • SCP-6604-1 — A fedora made of porcelain-white wool felt with a black sleeve at the base. Aside from assisting the Ekurcho Rho process, this item has no known anomalous abilities.
  • SCP-6604-2 — A Colt.45 Model 1911 semi-automatic pistol with unusual engravings and cache wood handle plates.
  • SCP-6604-3 — An unusual cigar humidor engraved with unintelligible text thought to be written in Latin and containing 19 regular Havana-imported Hav-A-Tampa cigars labeled "1" through "19." None of the cigars, nor the humidor, have been tested. There are no known anomalous abilities in the cigars or the container humidor.
  • SCP-6604-4 — An externally regular onyx-colored overcoat set with a diamond-platinum stickpin in the shape of an unidentified four-legged animal. This overcoat has no outright anomalous effects, but it is assumed to keep the wearer perfectly thermally insulated.
  • SCP-6604-5 — 44 (recovered/known) gold-rimmed crystal drinking glasses, numbered "1" through "44," with overlay white flora designs. Brief testing revealed that these drinking glasses cannot shatter.
flickr:52070745087

SCP-6604.

When instances SCP-6604-1, -4, and any other instances are placed within a 13-meter radius with no physical barricades on their horizontal plane, the objects become post-positively buoyant levitate. Over the course of four seconds, the objects will align to create the appearance of a transparent, mildly overweight adult male standing 1.8 meters tall. The elapse of this process is known as Ekurcho Rho. SCP-6604 is the name given to the sentient coalition of SCP-6604 instances.

This group of instances is capable of human speech, which is delivered in a proper-English, Broolynese accent. Although preliminary testing indicates that the figure presented is not tangible, the tethered SCP-6604 instances appear to act in unison.

History: From 1920 to 1933, Alphonse (Al) Capone's Chicago Outfit provided a predetermined, though unknown, amount of alcoholic substances such as beer and wine to staff and management at local SCP Foundation facilities in exchange for legal assurance and partial legal immunity. During this time, the Chicago Outfit aided the Foundation's growing efforts by reporting anomalies discovered by the criminal organization to Foundation staff. Though unconfirmed, it is speculated that during this time, Capone would keep anomalous objects discovered for himself before turning them in to Foundation hands due to the effects instilled within the SCP-6604 instances. As confirmed by recorded confession, Capone would acquire and preserve undesignated anomalies for himself during his partnership with the SCP Foundation. The anomalies used to improve Capone's items, which are now SCP-6604 instances, are unknown.

Allegations of anomaly smuggling were leveled against the Chicago Outfit in 1930-1931. During this time, relations between the parties deteriorated exponentially, with increased hostility occurring during alcohol transactions. During a transaction delivery (ID:445f) in December 1931, Capone ordered a metal bat from an accompanying accomplice and proceeded to strike Proceedings Manager Karl Philipson. The strike made direct contact with the temple, resulting in an immediate hemorrhage stroke. Capone allegedly continued to beat the individual until he died from cardiac arrest. As a result of this occurrence, the Foundation revoked its legal guarantee to the Chicago outfits.

Although unconfirmed, it is suggested that agents working for the SCP Foundation notified the Internal Revenue Service of Capone's unknown tax evasion practices. Regardless, Capone was arrested in May 1932 for 22 counts of tax evasion.

Capone died on Palm Island in early 1947, eight years after his 11-year incarceration, of unknown* causes. "Fine Della Strada," a plan to assassinate Capone with ricin-implanted cigars, was launched as a result of Capone being suspected of leaking Foundation information to outsiders. Following Capone's assassination, the Foundation Concealment Department falsified medical records and testimonies to suggest a history of untreated syphilis.

Incident Preliminary: (08/19/85) Interview between Researcher Ricky Burkswood and SCP-6604. Recovered from damaged audio archive, Ocula-46.


Incident 6604-Septimum: (08/20/85) SCP-6604 Class-Cossier containment breach event log. Compiled curtesy of the Department of Interrogation.

Incident Subsequent: (08/24/85) Interrogation between Interrogator Mason Ausher and Researcher Ricky Burkswood. Recorded for the Factotum Assembly.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License