SCP-6598


rating: +243+x

by PlaguePJP, HarryBlank, Cremo, & J Dune

Item#: 6598
Level2
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
{$disruption-class}
Risk Class:
{$risk-class}

coin.png

SCP-6598.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6598 is contained in a coin case in Site-322's low-security item vault. Testing of SCP-6598 was overseen by Researcher H. Hartwell and Dr. J. Dune.

Description: SCP-6598 is an American quarter dated to 1983. When a subject makes a verbal statement and then flips SCP-6598, the object will land on a face corresponding to the statement's relation to objective fact. A result of "heads" denotes the truth, and "tails" denotes a falsehood. Questions and statements that are not yes-or-no questions will not lead to answers from SCP-6598. The accuracy of the statements presented by SCP-6598 is presently under investigation.

Addendum 6598.1: Experiment log

Statement Result
Grass is green. (Dune) Heads.
SCP-6598 understands what I'm saying. (Dune) Heads.
SCP-6598 is having a good day today. (Hartwell) Tails. Note: SCP-6598 was noted to have landed with unusual force.
The first number of the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow is 1. (Hartwell) Tails.
[25 tests omitted]
The final number of the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow is 7. (Hartwell) Heads. Winnings seized. Using anomalies for further personal gain will lead to disciplinary action — Dir. Paul Lague
Dr. Dune ate a sandwich for lunch this afternoon. (Hartwell) Heads. Thing’s a smartass. A hot dog is not a sandwich — J. Dune
Extraterrerestial life exists. (Dune) Tails. The test was repeated with several variations of the question, specifying life in the entire universe, etc. Result remained tails.
Baseball is a boring sport. (Hartwell) SCP-6598 flipped itself between heads and tails until the next statement was made.
Star Wars: Episode 8: The Last Jedi is a bad film. (Hartwell) Same result as in the previous test. Upon repetition of the statement, SCP-6598 drastically increased in temperature to the point where it could not be safely handled. It returned to baseline temperature after fifteen minutes.
SCP-6598 likes Dr. Dune more than Researcher Hartwell. (Dune) Same result as in the previous test. Hesitation was observed in SCP-6598 every time it flipped to its heads side.
God can create a burrito so hot that he can't eat it. (Hartwell) SCP-6598 burned Researcher Hartwell's hand.
SCP-6598 dislikes paradoxes. (Hartwell) Heads. Considerable force was observed upon its landing, enough to dent the testing table.
SCP-6598 enjoys being flipped. (Hartwell) Tails. Same result as in the previous test. SCP-6598 managed to punch though the table upon its landing.
SCP-6598 will breach containment in the future. (Hartwell) Heads.
SCP-682 is indestructible. (Hartwell) Tails. Researcher Hartwell's lottery winnings have been budgeted for further decommissioning tests — Dir. Paul Lague
Site-5 does not exist. (Dune) Heads. Following the repetition of this test, SCP-6598 reversed its decision. Subsequent tests have not delivered conclusive results.
I will be with my girlfriend in five years. (Hartwell) Tails.
Everything dies. (Hartwell) Heads. The Department of Tactical Theology immediately called a symposium to discuss the ramifications of this result.
I will die in the next ten years. (Hartwell) Heads.
SCP-6598 is upset with me. (Hartwell) SCP-6598 hung stationary in the air. It began to violently vibrate before accelerating to approximately 1100 km/h and exiting Site-322 through Researcher Hartwell's skull (with a minor course correction to avoid striking Dr. Dune).

SCP-6598 was recovered in an empty parking lot approximately 30 kilometers from Site-322, laying on its head side. A small impact crater was observed in the asphalt surrounding it. Following the final test, SCP-6598 has remained facing heads up, despite all attempts to rotate it or supply additional prompts. Testing halted.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License