SCP-6589
rating: +7+x

Item#: 6589
Level4
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
critical

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6589 needs to be covered by opaque sheeting and guarded by at least 4 armed Foundation personnel to ensure no civilian can view it. The street SCP-6589 is located on is to be sectioned off so civilians are kept at a far enough distance from the possible effects of SCP-6589. Any activity near SCP-6589 by Foundation personnel is to be explained as construction to any civilians inquiring about the activities. From 17-09-2022 onward SCP-6589 is to be contained in a tarp in an inanimate anomaly containment chamber to ensure its effective containment. SCP-6589 is to remain covered up at all times to ensure effective containment. SCP-6589 and the letter found during recovery are not to be viewed by any personnel.

Description: SCP-6589 refers to a mural painted by Benjamin Caine, which had hazardous memetic properties of a memetic kill agent. The Foundation was notified while the mural was in the process of being painted because the livestream was flagged as hazardous by Foundation internet security when Benjamin Caine wrote the initials of GoI: “Are We Cool Yet?” next to the mural not long before finishing it.

Upon completion, Benjamin Caine started showing an inability to breathe before vomiting mainly blood and falling forward showing no remaining signs of life. The same symptoms showed in all 29 civilian bystanders, the 4 remote response personnel, and the 3 response personnel deployed before the situation was fully understood.

After a memetic response A.I. was deployed on the livestream, a better course of action was decided. The building the mural was painted on was infiltrated by two agents. These agents were sent in under the guise of construction starting the next day and preparations needing to be made that day. Opaque sheeting was draped over the mural through windows above it.

The resulting effects of SCP-6589 killed 38 people:

  • 29 Civilian bystanders
  • 3 Foundation response personnel
  • 4 Online observing Foundation personnel
  • Himself

After the opaque sheeting was draped over SCP-6589 a letter was found on Caine’s person. It was found to have cognitohazardous effect on the people who read it after multiple viewings. A full image, which has been scrubbed from any cognitohazardous effects, of the letter is supplied below.

Related documents:

To view the letter found on Benjamin Caine’s person the user’s credentials need to be re-verified

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License