SCP-6580


rating: +21+x
Item#: 6580
Level3
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
danger

Special Containment Procedures: Six guards have been stationed at all entrances to SCP-6580 in order to prevent civilian access into SCP-6580. Should any of the local populace attempt to enter, agents have been issued a cover story1 and supplied with Class-A amnestics. Force is applicable should civilians attempt to force entry.

Observation Post Beta has been established in the former ███████ Building, located one (1) mile south on the same road as SCP-6580 as a means of observing the building for any possible major discrepancies in the near future.

To mask the shifts of SCP-6580 into Dimension-130, an effect that causes the projection of an abandoned office building has been applied to the outline of SCP-6580 via thaumaturgical symbols, majority of which were used by the previous occupants to hide SCP-6580. Observation Post Beta has been supplied a low-level thaumaturge in the event that the symbols fail by any means.

Should any civilians enter SCP-6580, immediate escort of the civilians by no more than two guards is to be carried out and amnestics must be applied afterwards.

Should any civilians enter SCP-6580 and a shift occurs, no action is to be carried out until the reappearance of SCP-6580. Once SCP-6580 has reappeared, no more than three guards are designated to search the immediate area for the civilian(s). If found dead, the body is to be removed and placed outside of SCP-6580, and local police will be informed of the body. If found alive, civilian will be checked, amnesticized, and returned home or to any family or friends in the area with an appropriate cover story.

Operations to discover the employer(s) of the workers manufacturing SCP-6580-A are ongoing.

Description: SCP-6580 is a two-level industrial warehouse in Everett, Washington, and was formerly owned by ██████████ ███████ ███ before the company filed for bankruptcy and the building was decommissioned. Currently, SCP-6580 will experience random shifts between its location and a hostile dimension thought to be the manifestation of universal psionic power, which has been designated as Dimension-130. Exploration has shown Dimension-130 to be incredibly hostile to human life. SCP-6580 has experienced no other anomalous effects since containment.

SCP-6580-A was a paradrug manufactured in the shape of an oval, purple capsule pill that is ingested orally. Up until the shift that resulted in the discovery of SCP-6580, SCP-6580-A was advertised as "Psiphetamine" and was capable of increasing the abilities of psionically capable individuals. This improvement relates to the control these people have over their abilities, allowing for extended use without causing any initial harm to the mind or body. Gathered information from SCP-6580 revealed that prolonged consumption and exposure to multiple instances at once can cause the majority of individuals to become addicted to SCP-6580-A through purely psionic means, and an overdose can result in the death of the individual and the appearance of an SCP-6580-B instance. As of the SCP-6580 Incident Report, no additional instances have been recovered.

SCP-6580-B instances are psionic manifestations of the most prominent emotion from individual persons. Appearances range drastically, and all instances to date have been hostile. See attached testing logs for additional information on SCP-6580-B instances.

Discovery: On December 8th, 2010, a report detailing the sudden appearance of an unknown building was made to the Everett Police Department, which was intercepted by embedded agents from Iota-10 ("Damn Feds"). When the location was investigated, field agents discovered SCP-6580 in its current state. When questioning the locals, people in the area describe the building as having been a four story office building working under the Hasselhoff Corporation2 as an administrative and clerical building. When limited investigation from field agents wielded the existence of a possible paradrug operation, MTF Liaison-5 ("The Hawkshaws")3 was called in to investigate further. Below is the initial exploration log between the exploration team and Foundation Command.

Exploration Log-1A


Addendum-6580-1: 12/12/10: On December 12th, 2010, SCP-6580 reappeared with noticeable damage to its exterior and interior. Complying with orders received following personnel reporting the reappearance, Observation Post Beta dispatched field agents to conduct a quick search of the area. The interior was reported to be in worse condition than before, and multiple unknown persons were reported dead across the inside of the building, including all of the agents. Attached below are the recovered audio logs of the team following the shift of SCP-6580.


Recovered Exploration Log-2B


Recovered Exploration Log-3C


Recovered Exploration Log-4D


No further logs were recovered. All agents, excluding Agent Dixon, were found deceased inside SCP-6580. Further attempts at exploration of SCP-6580 or the dimension associated with it has been prohibited by Overwatch Command. Current containment procedures were put in place shortly after the reappearance of SCP-6580.


Addendum-6580-2: 12/15/10: After a third submission from Dr. Leopold requesting the recovery of a stash of SCP-6580-A instances from inside SCP-6580 for testing purposes, the request was approved by a representative from Overwatch Command, Secretary Lilac, with the exception that testing would be overseen by Site-99 Director Thomas Patton and that subjects would strictly be D-Class personnel. A recovery team extracted a singular box full of SCP-6580-A instances, numbering an estimated 200 instances. The following file contains all documented 6580-A tests.

6580-A Testing Logs


SCP-6580 Incident Report





















[Addendum-6580-3: 12/14/10]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License