SCP-6563
rating: +31+x

Item#: SCP-6563
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6563-1 is to be kept in a standard humanoid containment chamber in the light containment wing of Site-19 and is to be let out once a day for three hours for recreational purposes. SCP-6563-1 is required to stay in its designated area during recreational hours, and failure to follow these procedures will result in a temporary loss of privileges as well as reprimanding of assigned security personnel. Personnel who are assigned to SCP-6563 must have scored greater than 80/100 on the Geist Cognitohazard Preparation Test. SCP-6563-1 is to be fed three times a day per ethics guidelines and is to receive weekly visits from the onsite therapist.

Description: SCP-6563 is a cognitohazard affecting former Foundation researcher Malik Knight, henceforth referred to as SCP-6563-1. SCP-6563 only takes effect when SCP-6563-1 is viewed by any individual who is not properly trained to deal with cognitohazards. SCP-6563's cognitohazardous abilities will cause any viewer to believe that SCP-6563-1 possesses anomalous abilities despite the lack of evidence and previous encounters. These claims vary from each individual, however, the most common allegations are that SCP-6563-1 possesses the ability of aeronautical maneuverability, telekinesis, and preternatural strength. However, tests have shown that SCP-6563-1 possesses none of these stated abilities.

It is speculated that SCP-6563-1 was affected by SCP-6563 during its time experimenting and researching several other cognitohazards while employed as a Foundation researcher, as SCP-6563-1 worked under the Department of Cognitohazards. However, it has also been theorized that SCP-6563 formed merely out of chance rather than the byproduct of a failed experiment or an anomaly's effect. Further investigation is still ongoing to the origin of SCP-6563’s formation.

Addendum SCP-6563.1: On March 4th, 2015, SCP-6563-1 was apprehended in the cafeteria of Site-08 and brought to the onsite interrogation room after several staff were affected by SCP-6563. During this time, SCP-6563-1 was still employed within the Foundation and had not realized the effect of SCP-6563. This was the first recorded instance of SCP-6563 taking effect. The following is an interview done by Dr. Iara Hackett with SCP-6563-1.

Interviewee: SCP-6563-1

Interviewer: Dr. Hackett

Foreword: After being detained by onsite security officers, an interview was arranged for Dr. Hackett to interrogate SCP-6563-1 on its anomalous abilities. However, unbeknownst to personnel, SCP-6563-1 and herself, Dr. Hackett came under the effect of SCP-6563.

<Begin Log.>

Dr. Hackett: Dr. Knight, you know why you're here, there’s no reason to hide it anymore. We know what you’ve been keeping secret. Just be honest with us and it will make things a lot easier. I need you to explain yourself.

SCP-6563-1: Explain myself? Explain myself? What I want explained is why security guards restrained and arrested me during my lunch break.

Dr. Hackett: Dr. Knight we have reason to believe that you possess anomalous abilities. For security purposes, we had to restrain you and now it is my responsibility to question you. Now, when did you acquire these abilities?

SCP-6563-1: Anomalous- Is this your idea of a joke, Dr. Hackett? If it is, I do not wish to be a part of it. Now, I must return to the cafeteria. My belongings are there and I don’t want them to be taken. And I also plan to write a report to your supervisor. I don’t believe Dr. Vander will be pleased.

[SCP-6563-1 stands up and attempts to leave, but is restrained by security officers.]

SCP-6563-1: Get your hands off of me! Goddammit, let go!

Dr. Hackett: Guards, please take Dr. Knight to the holding cells.

SCP-6563-1: You crazy son of a bitch! I’ll report you for this!

<End Log.>

Closing Statement: SCP-6563-1 was taken to an on-site holding cell before being transported to a temporary containment chamber.

Addendum SCP-6563.2: Below are several experiments done on SCP-6563-1 in an attempt to find out more about its perceived capability. These tests were conducted within the span of several weeks and were discontinued after an Ethics Committee inspector was contacted by a staff member with cognitohazard training. Editing has been done to correct SCP-6563-1’s item number.

Addendum SCP-6563.3: The following interview was done by Dr. Vander with SCP-6563-1 after the relocation of Dr. Hackett.

Addendum SCP-6563.4: The following is an email sent to the research personnel of SCP-6563 from Dr. Vander. The email entails Dr. Vander’s thoughts about SCP-6563’s phenomenon.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License