SCP-6561
rating: +16+x

Item #: SCP-6561

Object Class: Neutralized1

Special Containment Procedures: Due to the apparent neutralization of SCP-6561, no containment procedures have been deemed necessary. After brief interrogations, all notable individuals affected by SCP-6561 have been administered Class-B amnestics and released.

Description: SCP-6561 was a belief affecting roughly 0.03%2 of Earth’s population. Those who were affected by SCP-6561 believed that the concept of a “moral gray area” did not exist until 9:57 AM on March 19th, 2015. Affected individuals also believed that the other 99.97% of Earth’s population instantly had their memories changed, to believe that moral gray areas had always existed. In addition, affected individuals believe that history itself was changed to include moral gray areas, and that the memories of themselves and other affected individuals are the only evidence of what they believe to be the correct course of history.

Addendum 6561-01: Creation of this Article
On March 25th, 2015, ███████ ███████ ███████████, who was affected by SCP-6561 at the time, created this article. The article was written, and thereafter sent to O5-██, who was also affected by SCP-6561. O5-██ then used their various privileges to make it so that nothing could be removed from the article by any means by anyone, including themself. Because this now archived version of the article could not have anything removed from it, it was placed within collapsible menus, which were the method that best obfuscated the previous iteration of the article.

Addendum 6561-02: The Neutralization of SCP-6561
On March 29th, 2015, all individuals affected by SCP-6561 were no longer affected, and lost any memory of ever having been affected. All evidence of SCP-6561's existence was erased with the exception of this article. Using O5-██'s involvement as justification, the O5 Council does believe that the Containment Procedures, Description, and first Addendum are all accurate. However, all sections that are archived are highly inaccurate, and are only useful as an example of the actions of those who were affected by SCP-6561. Due to the inability to remove information described in Addendum 6561-01, correcting all minor discrepancies introduced by time would be difficult, and contribute little.

No further action has been deemed necessary.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License