SCP-6537
rating: +38+x

ITEM #: SCP-6537

LEVEL-

CONTAINMENT CLASS: KETER

DISRUPTION CLASS: VLAM


Assigned Site


Site-866

Site Director


Director Drift

Research Head


Dr. Spinner

Assigned MTF


None

ITEM: SCP-6537

LEVEL-

CONTAINMENT
CLASS:
KETER

DISRUPTION
CLASS:
VLAM


Assigned Site


Site-866

Site Director


Director Drift

Research Head


Dr. Spinner

Assigned MTF


None


Special Containment Procedures: Containment of all instances of SCP-6537 is not currently pursued as it is considered infeasible. Expungement of footage and suppression of research has been deemed sufficient.

SCP-6537 contained by the Foundation are kept at Site-866 in an enclosure built to function as a Faraday cage. Research personnel should avoid entering the enclosure.

Description: SCP-6537 is the collective designation for an anomalous species of hawk moth that is capable of lateral teleportation for up to 10 centimeters. They employ this ability both to evade danger, and to gain access to food sources otherwise unavailable.

The method of teleportation involves SCP-6537 dispersing into electromagnetic radiation and then re-materializing. How they manage this is unclear, but seems to be linked to their wings somehow, as they cease exhibiting anomalous phenomena if they are amputated. It is unknown whether caterpillars of SCP-6537 possess any anomalous qualities, as all attempts at inducing breeding have been unsuccessful.



Incident Report 6537.1: On 15/10/2021, a site wide containment breach occurred as Doctor Spinner was making his way towards the Site Directors office, and he was terminated in the ensuing chaos. The injuries on the Researcher's body were observed not to bleed, instead filled with an organic material resembling silk. An autopsy was ordered and the body was found to contain hundreds of living SCP-6537 instances, as well as their eggs. Further examination revealed that Doctor Spinner had been dead for approximately three weeks. Site-866 has been decommissioned and decontaminated. The containment of all SCP-6537 instances is considered a top priority.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License