SCP-6497


rating: +26+x
Item#: SCP-6497
Level2
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
caution

Special Containment Procedures: Attempting to intercept the transmissions affiliated with SCP-6497 has been deemed ineffective. Containment efforts are instead to be focused in suppressing the chances of exposure in the general populace.

Web traffic and common medical records in the country of The United States of America are to be monitored for evidence of SCP-6497 activity. Exposed individuals are to be apprehended and amnesticized regardless of the level of exposure to the anomaly. Additionally, should the affected individual have been physically modified by a CUSTOMER-Event, these changes are to be catalogued.

Discovered instances of SCP-6497-1 are to be recovered and stored in their respective storage folder at Site-76.

An information campaign informing the general populace of the dangers of signing contracts which seem vague in nature is currently ongoing.

Description: SCP-6497 is the designation given to a currently ongoing series of commercials which aim to familiarize affected individuals to an anomalous service consistently referred to as "Dr. Wink's Fantabulous Service: Be The Better You!".

Though these manifestations have been determined to be rare, estimated to appear yearly in 0.7% of American households on average1, instances of SCP-6497 have been encountered in most American states, appearing in the television feed of individual households instead of the general audience.

The exact details of SCP-6497 vary between each time an instance of SCP-6497 is aired, the only consistent traits between them being the following:

  • An brief introduction to the service by a masculine voice
  • A brightly colored, fast paced presentation
  • A phone number which has been the same in each instance so far

Calling the number displayed in an SCP-6497 instance will result in the call going into voice mail, as well as the manifestation of SCP-6497-1 in the caller's dwelling approximately 12-48 hours later.
SCP-6497-1 is a contract which has the appearance of having been printed on a standard A4 sized paper. Discovered instances of SCP-6497-1 are identical to one another with no significant deviations, consisting of a brief introduction to the service, a space for a signature, and several squares with the intention of providing several choices of various body parts and organs.2 In addition, an empty space is provided for the writing of further details regarding the selected options.
Signing SCP-6497-1 in one's own signature causes the instance to demanifest as soon as physical contact with the paper is broken. Implementation of the service event, hereby referred to as CUSTOMER-Event, follows within 24-48 hours3, the details of which depend on the options chosen.

SCP-6497 activity was first detected in 2007 when reports of people being miraculously cured of their physical ailments by a salesman were reported all around the United States, similar cases having occurred yearly. Nearly all cases involved the individual being cured by the services of a salesman which they discovered through a commercial, descriptions of which being highly similar in all reported cases.

Research into individual cases initially revealed no evidence of the described commercials having been aired at any point in time, nor there existing a company that could be linked to any of the information acquired. Currently ongoing broadcast television surveillance did confirm the occasional appearance of SCP-6497 activity in the states of Ohio, Tennessee, Washington, Arizona and Alaska during the initial surveillance period.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License