SCP-6496

rating: +22+x
Item#: 6496
Level1
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
uncontained
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
caution

cockroach.jpg

Periplaneta americana inhabiting the kitchen of Site-47's cafeteria photographed soon after the discovery of SCP-6496.

Special Containment Procedures: No Foundation personnel are to terminate any Periplaneta americana (more commonly known as American cockroaches) on the premises of Site-47. Appropriate measures to ensure the health, safety, and morale of Site-47 staff due to the infestation of Periplaneta americana within the facility are to be taken when necessary.

Description: SCP-6496 is an anomalous effect that is related to the Periplaneta americana population inhabiting Site-47. SCP-6496 will cause an incident to occur within Site-47 that results in the harm of Foundation personnel and/or damage to the facility itself.

These incidents occur upon the termination of any number of Periplaneta americana on the premises of the site. The damage/injury SCP-6496 related incidents are responsible for are somewhat proportional to the number of Periplaneta americana terminated on site premises in inconsistent timeframes. This pattern is less consistently true as larger numbers of Periplaneta americana are terminated within any given timeframe.

Due to the effects of SCP-6496, the Periplaneta americana population has increased dramatically within Site-47 to the point of a severe infestation of the species on the facility's premises. This has caused serious health and safety concerns due to the amount of Periplaneta americana individuals, feces, and saliva in the food supply and living and working spaces of Site-47.

Addendum.6496.1: Experiment Log

Experiment ID: 6496.01

Procedure: D-8703 is to terminate one (1) Periplaneta americana via crush trauma on the premises of Site-47.

Results: D-8703 experiences a mild electric shock in his left foot immediately after concluding experiment procedures.

Experiment ID: 6496.02

Procedure: D-8703 is to terminate five (5) Periplaneta americana via crush trauma on the premises of Site-47.

Results: Thirty seconds after D-8703 concludes experiment procedure, a mug belonging to Dr. Huang discharges the coffee within its interior, causing damage to documents located in the vicinity.

Experiment ID: 6496.03

Procedure: D-8703 is to terminate ten (10) Periplaneta americana via crush trauma on the premises of Site-47.

Results: Five minutes after D-8703 concludes experiment procedures, a ceiling lightbulb detaches from its adapter. It falls onto the head of D-8703. This causes the globe of the lightbulb to shatter into several glass fragments, which are expelled into nearby research personnel, causing minor injuries.

Experiment ID: 6496.04

Procedure: D-8703 is to terminate thirty (30) Periplaneta americana via crush trauma on the premises of Site-47.

Results: D-8703 terminates 27 Periplaneta americana, and then suffers a myocardial infarction and collapses to the floor. D-8703 expires before he can receive medical attention.

Experiment ID: 6496.05

Procedure: D-8912, D-0565, and D-3444 are to terminate seventy (70) Periplaneta americana via crush trauma on the premises of Site-47.

Results: Twenty minutes after D-8912, D-0565, and D-3444 conclude experiment procedures, an EF3 tornado formed within the vicinity of Site-47. The high winds of the tornado cause minor damage to the concrete structure of Site-47. The tornado also damages Dr. Huang's personnel automobile by propelling a Bos taurus (more commonly known as a cow) from a nearby dairy farm1 at a high rate of speed into the vehicle.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License