SCP-6494
  • rating: +24+x

⚠️ content warning

Item#: 6494
Level6
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
critical

Special Containment Procedures: Effective October 14 2006, Foundation personnel are to devote all possible resources towards the containment of SCP-6494, and towards preservation of the Veil.

Use of outsourced containment resources and consultants has been authorized for the containment of SCP-6494. Consultants are to be considered Level 5 personnel.

On the first day of each month, Foundation personnel are to perform Procedure 411-Asgard in any attempt to delay SCP-6494. Exactly seven individuals are required for Procedure 411-Asgard. These seven people (arbitrarilyfootnote missing designated Asgard-1, Asgard-2, etc.), are to perform the following steps:

  • Asgard-1: Oversee the operation, and is to contact Asgard-7 upon the events conclusion. At no time is Asgard-1 permitted to vocalize except to declare the start of Procedure 411-Asgard and declare the end of the Procedure.
  • Asgard-2, Asgard-3: Asgard-2 and Asgard-3 are to be blindfolded, back to back. Upon the start of the event, for twenty seconds, Asgard-2 and Asgard-3 are to raise their hands to be parellel to the ground floor, with their palms open towards the sky.
  • Asgard-4, Asgard-5: While Asgard-2 and Asgard-3 have their arms extended, Asgard-4 and Asgard-5 are to utilize a ritualistic knife (designated Asgard-0) to draw blood from Asgard-2 and Asgard-3. Any amount of blood is sufficient. Upon utilizing the knife, they are not permitted to concurrently lose eye sight of Asgard-2 and Asgard-3. They are advised to coordinate blinking patterns as to avoid overlap.
  • Asgard-6: After Asgard-0 is utilized, Asgard-6 is to take Asgard-0 and deliver it to Asgard-7.
  • Asgard-7: Upon receiving Asgard-0, they are to notify Asgard-1, before claiming their own life utilizing Asgard-0.

Sixty seconds after Asgard-7 notifies Asgard-1 of the arrival of Asgard-0, Asgard-1 is to declare Procedure 411-Asgard complete.

The procedure cannot be varied.

Description: SCP-6494 is the inevitable collapse of human cognition.

Hume levels readings indicate the collective subconscious of humanity is slowly deteriorating.

Following cross-testing with another SCP object, researchers discovered SCP-6494.

Discovered by Robert Scranton in 1991.

Description: SCP-6494 is the inevitable collapse of human cognition, currently estimated to take place on April 11 2028. This EK-Class End of Human Consciousness Scenario is




No.




Description: SCP-6494 is the collapsing cognition of one Daniel Markins, a Foundation employee


Would they do that?


Would they care?

No, no, they wouldn't. One guy isn't important enough.

Let's try again.

Item#: 6494
Level6
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
critical

Special Containment Procedures: Effective October 14 2006, Foundation personnel are to devote all possible resources towards the containment of SCP-6494, and towards preservation of the Veil.

Description: SCP-6494 refers to an alternate reality containing an alternate Foundation.

Description: SCP-6494 refers to an interdimensional counterpart to the Foundation.

Description: SCP-6494 refers to an alternate variant of the Foundation, residing in an adjacent reality. residing in a parallel reality. residing in an alternate reality. Practices by SCP-6494



I didn't get that far.



Maybe I should dial the intensity down? That is a ridiculous ACS…

Item#: 6494
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
caution

Better.

Special Containment Procedures: Effective October 14 2006, Foundation personnel are to devote all possible resources towards the containment of SCP-6494, and I can't keep this can I?

No, I can't.

Let's see, what's been done? Er, what hasn't been?

I have that list of ideas somewhere.

Maybe I need something new?




Yeah, that's it.

What about Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6494 is to be contained




I was hoping something would come to me.


Should I ask the Director?






She hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe I'll make my own reply.

I just need an idea.


Maybe an older idea could work? Where are those drafts?


Working in the Foundation is stressful, isn't it?

Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have raised my hand at the seminar.

Nonsense. You're doing pretty well handling this whole mess.

What do you mean?

Many a great researcher has gone crazy here, and you're rolling with the punches. It's admirable. When were you hired again?

August 2019.

Huh, interesting.

What do you mean?

I'm just surprised I hadn't heard your name then by now.

This isn't happening.



Interviewed: Junior Researcher █████ █████

Interviewer: Site-███ Director █████ █████

Foreword: The following interview was conducted.footnote missing

<Begin Log>

█████ █████: Hello, Amity, sit down, I got you hot chocolate, I know you don't actually like coffee.

█████ █████: Thank you so much, yeah. I need an ungodly amount of sugar, can't be healthy. Anyway, what did you want to talk about?

█████ █████: To be honest, work sadly. We need to talk about your productiveness recently.

█████ █████: Honestly, Tiana, just time, dedication, and stubbornness.

█████ █████: It's kinda strange. You're extremely dedicated, it's clear, but you haven't actually handed anything in. How come?

█████ █████: I think a lot of my inspiration comes from the weird things in my own life, so I know how to articulate things. Although, I've always been a fan of horror, so that's always going to come in handy.

█████ █████: Being a perfectionist surely can't be it. You've stayed overnight here three nights in a row now. You need to talk a break or you're going to kill yourself.

█████ █████: Plus, think about how much there is to draw from. I know what makes a good object, so I just need to find the words.

█████ █████: SCP-6494? You're not on that though, unless? I mean, I could transfer it over to you, but I honestly don't think you'd be satisfied. We're pretty sure it's getting decommissioned anyways.

█████ █████: From there, it all flows onto the canvas and things feel fine. Metaphorically, though, I type it. Obviously, though. Maybe a painting SCP?

█████ █████: Amity, are you hearing yourself? This isn't good, you can say you're a "dedicated worker", but does sleeping in your cubicle and living off cafe coffee sound acceptable to you? If you don't get your act together, I'm gonna have to transfer your department.

█████ █████: And see, that's how I get my ideas! One-off comments, painting words. Maybe some sort of cognitohazardous painting that has some sort of text. Maybe I could even make that pipe painting, you know? I've always hated it, but maybe I could do something with it. Do other people hate it?

█████ █████: Don't worry, I'm not jumping to any definitive punishment. I'm probably just gonna give you a few days off, you've got your eye on that girl down in Logistics, don't you? Maybe take the week of Valentine's off, you could use it.

█████ █████: Ah, I tend to ramble. But, yeah, Tiana. If you ever need a hand writing, just ask me, I'm always open to working with others. Well, not always, but I'm sure we could here or there. Maybe if I need you I could get a hand?

█████ █████: I can tell you aren't happy, but it's for the better. Anyway…

█████ █████: Yeah, I should get going too. Thanks for the coffee.

█████ █████: Anytime. I'd love for you to reach out.

<End Log>

Closing Statement: █████ █████ seemed out of it the entire time. She really needs to take a small work break.

You truly believe in the supernatural, despite your field?

Good.

The motto of the Foundation varies depending who you ask.

We're in charge of keeping the strange paranormal secrets of the world tightly wrapped.

We live in the light so they can die in the dark.

You're exactly the candidate we've been looking, Ms. Thorn.



Item#: 6494
Level1
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
critical

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6494 is to self-terminate. Her work is inadequate, and she is unpermitted to work for the Foundation going forward.

Description: SCP-6494 is not cut out for this.












You have unchanged edits to this document.

Would you like to save or discard them?





Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License