SCP-6493

rating: +7+x

Item#: 6493
Level4
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
caution

Pistol%2C_flintlock_%28AM_1924.24-12%29.jpg

SCP-6493-A after recovery.

Special Containment Procedures: Both SCP-6493-A and SCP-6493-B are to be contained in a Standard Secure Chest in the storage area of Site-42. Usage of SCP-6493 must be approved by O5-Council1.

Description: SCP-6493 is the designation given to two objects:

  • SCP-6493-A, a .60-caliber Syrian flintlock pistol of early 19th century make, that provokes both visual and auditory hallucinations to any individual that holds it;
  • SCP-6493-B, a collection of 62 57 bullets, which display a significantly low internal Hume level2.

When loaded and shot through SCP-6493-A, any instance of SCP-6493-B will rapidly reach baseline Hume levels, along with the general area of its path and any object that it collides with. When said object is a Reality Bender, or any other ontokinetic entity or object, any effect that the target will be violently dismembered, resulting in the neutralization of its anomalous effects. Although it is hypothetically possible to neutralize the effects without killing the subject, the explosive nature of SCP-6493-B makes it virtually impossible.

SCP-6493 was previously owned by late GOC Strike Team member Louis Laurent. It was purchased by Laurent in Damascus, Syria in the aftermath of a joint GOC-Foundation operation involving the termination of SCP-████. It is currently unknown if SCP-6493 has always been anomalous since its creation, or rather gained its properties after the death of Agent Laurent.


Addendum-1 /// Experimentation


Date: 01/07/2020
Presiding: Dr. Kyer, D-986271
Procedure: D-986271 was instructed to hold SCP-6493-A, load it with an ordinary .60 bullet, shoot at a target from a distance of 20 m, and report any type of hallucination.


Results: D-986271 reported hearing a man frenetically crying followed by a loud gunshot after picking SCP-6493-A. D-986271 was not able to shoot the bullet after loading, as the flint mechanism did not respond to the pulling of the trigger.

Notes from Dr. Kyer: 'D-986271 exhibited a sense of stress and anxiety following this experiment.'

NOTICE FROM ETHICS COMMETTEE


Date: 06/07/2020
Subject: SCP-6493 and its future usage.


Following the experiments brought forth by Dr. Kyer, experimentation of SCP-6493 has been suspended until further notice.

Future usage of SCP-6493 must be allowed by O5 Council vote under the threat of any K-Class Scenario involving any ontokinetic threat. By order of the O5 Council, MTF Nu-8 "Gun Control" must be established as a Task Force capable of safely using SCP-6493 in case of such Scenario becoming reality.


Secure, Contain, Protect.


Addendum-2 /// Discovery


On 30/06/2020, at 00:27, the following email was sent to a computer terminal of Site-42.

Researcher David █████ notified Site Director John M. Thomson, who in turn mobilized an investigation of the Laurent household in ████, England by MTF Epsilon-6 "Village Idiots".
Epsilon-6 arrived on site at 1:03 and entered the building at 1:05.


Addendum-3 /// Investigation


After the events of 30/06/2020, an investigation of the Laurent couple was opened. Due to the demands of the GOC over the possession of SCP-6493, a meeting between representatives from both organizations was scheduled for 09/07/2020 in order to settle the dispute. By O5 council order, O5-█, O5-█ and Dr. Eberhardt were chosen as the Foundation's representatives.

MTF Eta-5 agent Patrick Blake, known to be a long time friend of both Louis Laurent and researcher Jane Ware, was interviewed in order to move forward the investigation effort.

On 01/07/2020, footage from the security cameras of the Laurent household was obtained; unfortunately, most of it was higly distorted and unusable. It is currently agreed on that researcher Jane Ware's reality bending effects are the cause of the camera glitch that lead to the disturbance of most of the data. The following is a transcript of the surviving material.















WARNING: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT IS LEVEL 5/6493 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THIS DOCUMENT WITHOUT LEVEL 5/6493 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License