SCP-6492
rating: +16+x
Item#: 6492
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: Due to SCP-6492's nature, it is naturally contained within the region of forest around it. All satellite imagery that shows the anomalous recovery of the region must be scrubbed and replaced with fabricated images that depict it in a state typical of a region destroyed by wildfires.

To prevent civilians from encountering SCP-6492 after the region's recovery, the area has been labeled as wolf and bear territory to the public, and all hiking trails leading near it have been removed and blocked off. In addition, the perimeter of the region reachable by SCP-6492, a roughly 3 mile radius, is monitored by Foundation-operated drones. Any unauthorized persons found entering this region will be detained, administered Class A amnestics, and released away from the region.

Description: SCP-6492 was the designation formerly given to a region of trees, roughly 200 acres in size, that were found by Foundation satellites to be completely undamaged by a wildfire that had destroyed 15,000 acres surrounding it in the Rocky Mountains. How this occurred was unknown, as the area was obscured by smoke during the fire and for multiple days afterwards. Further satellite analysis over the next two days revealed that more trees were rapidly growing around the perimeter of the region, expanding in size by 10 acres every day.

Following investigation, the SCP-6492 designation has since been given to the entity at the source of the region's anomaly.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License