SCP-6487

rating: +32+x
warning.png
Item#: 6487
Level1
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

pexels-photo-133468.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&w=1260&h=750&dpr=1

Child SCP-6487 instances upon discovery.

Special Containment Procedures: All instances of SCP-6487 are to be kept in an aviary in the Parazoological Containment Wing of Bio-Research Area-12. Instances should be fed twice a day on a diet of oats, barley, and wheat.

Routine physical exercises should be conducted daily with SCP-6487 instances. It is preferable for researchers to cycle through different instances. A record of all physical therapy appointments must be maintained to adequately give care to all instances.

The Biomechanical team should check PnB equipment monthly for signs of any wear and tear. If PnB equipment is broken, the equipment should be replaced as soon as possible.

Personnel not part of the primary research team must schedule their appointment no less than five hours in advance.

Description: SCP-6487 is the classification of thirty-three genetically modified Mangalitsa breed sus domesticus.1 SCP-6487 acts the same as standard pigs despite two significant anomalous characteristics.

  1. SCP-6487 lacks any fore or hind legs.2 X-Rays show that SCP-6487 lacks humerus bones and its ribcage extends past the thoracic and into the lumbar vertebrae.
  2. Two wing-like appendages are present on the backs of SCP-6487 instances. These wings have an appearance near identical to the wings of Pteropus3. These wings are small in infants, only appearing as small stubs on the backs, but in adult instances, the wings can grow to almost be as long as the body.

SCP-6487 instances regularly flap their wings in attempts to fly, but all attempts result in failure due to the wings not providing enough energy to support the mass of the anomaly.

bat-wing-2.png

Torn wing of SCP-6487 taken post mortem.

SCP-6487 is deemed immobile due to the ineffectiveness of its wings. SCP-6487 needs to be under constant supervision, especially during feeding times. If an instance somehow manages to roll itself onto its back, it will be unable to right itself. Instances should be carried to a new location in their enclosure every day so that they are not lying in their own feces.

During feeding, bowls of feed must be placed directly in front of the heads of SCP-6487 so they can adequately reach the feed.

SCP-6487 was brought to the Foundation’s attention on March 1st, 2029, when Dr. █████ discovered SCP-6487 in his husband's4 farmhouse. SCP-6487 was subsequently taken into Foundation custody, and both Dr. █████ and Mr. Weber were given Class C amnestics. Interview 6487-PG01 was conducted with Mr. Weber prior to amnestization.


Interview 6487-PG01

The following is a transcript from an interview conducted between Jack Weber and researcher Riley Bassett at Bio-Research-Area-12 following initial containment.


[BEGIN LOG]

Researcher Bassett: Hello there, Mr. Weber. How are you doing today?

There is silence for the next ten seconds.

Researcher Bassett: Mr. Weber, you aren't in trouble. We just want to get more information on what exactly we are dealing with here.

A loud sigh is heard from Mr. Weber.

Mr. Weber: This wasn't what I intended to happen. I'm sorry.

Researcher Bassett: Come again?

Mr. Weber: I just wanted to make something special. You know the saying, "When pigs fly?" I was just trying to do that, you know.

Researcher Bassett: You were trying to make these pigs fly?

Researcher Bassett: I mean, yeah, I guess I can see it with those little stubs growing on their back.

Mr. Weber: God, I don't know how I screwed up so badly. I did some research on the internet on genetic modification and all. I thought I had it figured out. I wanted him to love it.

Researcher Bassett: Wait, I'm sorry? You have to slow down a second there. Let me lead the conversation, please. How did you manage to modify these pigs?

Mr. Weber: I… Well, I had the parents grow up on the roof. I never let them down from the roof, if I did, they wouldn't adapt to their environment, you know?

Researcher Bassett: Adapt? Hold on, are you talking about evolution? You aren't making much sense right now.

The sound of a sheath of papers being flipped through can be heard.

Researcher Bassett: We found microscopes and CRISPR machines in your home? Are you sure that you didn't genetically modify these pigs?

Mr. Weber: No they weren't. I had them adapt to the environment. I would come up to the roof, pick up the pigs with my hands, and walk around in circles. I made the pigs think they were flying. I-I don't know what went wrong. Their children should have been able to fly.

Researcher Bassett: You've lost me, sir. If you didn't genetically modify these-

Mr. Weber: It was supposed to be a surprise. He always said he didn't want our wedding to be cliche, but he also said he wanted it to be one of the most memorable weddings ever. I had to try my best.

Researcher Bassett: Ugh, this is getting us nowhere. Just one last question Mr. Weber. Did you intend for the pigs to not have any fore and hind legs?

Mr. Weber's voice breaks as if now on the verge of tears.

Mr. Weber: Of course not. T-they should have been perfectly healthy. I don't know where I went wrong. I'm so sorry. I-I tried to care for them, I thought their legs would grow in, but they never did. Oh, please forgive me. I'm so sorry!

[END LOG]


Addendum: Parazoology & Biomechanism 6487 Project

The natural "wings" in a fully grown instance measure at around 100-110cm, roughly the length of the body. The wing membrane has skin coloration matching that of the body and has a thickness of 0.5mm. The base of the wings begins two centimeters below the base of the ears on either side. Seven thin bones make up the span of the wings with three joints and small claws.

These claws do not serve any obvious purpose, as they are located at the second outer joint. Such a location makes it impractical to grab onto something as it would require SCP-6487 to be upside down.

The wings are covered with a thin layer of fur.5 Below that, a thin layer of elastic skin is present. Studies have shown that the elasticity of the wings is anomalously resistant and able to stretch over a meter without tearing. However, the durability of these wings is poor and will tear under the weight of 250 grams.6



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License