SCP-6486
rating: +26+x

Item #: SCP-6486

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6486 is to be kept inside standard storage unit 23 located within containment Wing-87 at Site-98. SCP-6486 is to be kept in Dr. Layla Barnes' office at Site-43. Due to the nature of the anomaly, no further containment procedures are required.

Description: SCP-6486 is a painted wooden doghouse measuring one meter by one meter. The anomaly shows signs of corrosion and damage. When SCP-6486 is approached by a human individual, the entrance to the anomaly will increase to accommodate the size of the individual. Once the subject has entered the anomaly, the entrance will return to its original size.

SCP-6486 is a dimensionally transcendental structure, with the interior of the anomaly appearing to be a vast grass field. This field, designated SCP-6486-1, is seemingly infinite, and all attempts to locate the field outside SCP-6486 have proven unsuccessful. Aerial reconnaissance accomplished with Foundation-owned drones has revealed; that SCP-6486-1 has an area of at least fifty kilometers. Past this point, however, electronic devices begin malfunctioning.

A large ornate wooden door, designated SCP-6486-2, is located two kilometers from SCP-6486's entrance point. A carving on the front of SCP-6486-2 depicts a humanoid entity with a skull similar in nature to that of a Canis lupus familiaris.1 The humanoid depicted in the carving appears to be floating over a cityscape. Knocking on SCP-6486-2 will cause the door to open. Immediately, a bright light will emit from inside. At this moment, the subject may experience retinal damage.

The light will quickly dissipate after an entity, similar in likeness to a deceased individual close to the subject. The entity will close the door behind them. SCP-6486-3 assumes the likeness of a deceased individual emotionally close to the subject who activated SCP-6486-2. Individuals within SCP-6486-1 will be capable of interacting with the entity. After an unknown amount of time, the entity will vanish, along with SCP-6486-2. At this point, when the subject returns to the entrance to the anomaly, the entryway will once again. The entire process repeats itself once a new subject enters the object.

Interview Log:

D-3978 being interviewed by Dr. Rosa Burn from her quarantine chamber following a test with SCP-6486.

Following this interview, Site-87 command has decided to transfer SCP-6486 to Site-43 to serve as a therapeutic tool for therapist Dr. Layla Barnes to use on Foundation staff. D-3978 was also released from Foundation custody following being amnestized and now works at a Foundation-owned cover business.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License