SCP-6475

rating: +25+x

road.jpg

Valebrook Avenue, Morpeth, England.

Special Containment Procedures:

SCP-6475 to remain at Site-12. Toys, games and books are to be provided suitable for children between the ages of 1 and 3 years old. As SCP-6475 does not require sustenance or produce any waste, only appropriate bedding is needed. SCP-6475 is allowed to exit the facility and play in Site-12's playground, upon request, for a maximum of 3 hours every day.

Personnel assigned to monitor, study or care for SCP-6475 must have undergone the appropriate training with the Department of Anomalous Humanoid Psychology and Department of Spectral Affairs. Personnel are allowed to physically interact and communicate with SCP-6475, so long as it's within the regulation of their training and considering SCP-6475's capabilities. Personnel are required to either wear ectographical eyewear or undergo TS-3031 when assigned to and interacting with SCP-6475.

To help with monitoring, ectoplasm detectors and Zohar counters have been placed in the area. All data is transferred to the Department of Spectral Affairs at Site-12.

These procedures are awaiting updates following neutralization.


toddler.jpg

SCP-6475 during their nap time. This photograph was taken using an ectographic camera.

Description:

SCP-6475 is a Class III-III-II spectral, humanoid anomaly resembling and identified as the late Charlie Massie. SCP-6475 is dressed in blue dungarees, yellow daps and a white and orange striped shirt. Despite being deceased, SCP-6475 continues to behave as if they were still alive. It is theorised that this is due to SCP-6475 being too immature to understand the concept of death or their current situation as a spectral anomaly. SCP-6475's intelligence is no different to that of a standard human toddler and is able to communicate with basic words and gestures. Unlike most spectral anomalies, SCP-6475 is capable of feeling exhausted and requires sleep, with their sleep cycle being no different to that of a standard human toddler.

SCP-6475 cannot be perceived via traditional means and can only be seen through the use of ectographical techniques. However, SCP-6475 is still able to interact with tangible matter, with all matter interacted with remaining visible during and after SCP-6475 interacts with it.


Discovery:

SCP-6475 first came to the Foundation's attention when the newly formed Department of Spectral Affairs enacted Project Signal-Man2. When Foundation personnel measured the surrounding area, numerous spikes in Akiva radiation3 were discovered, with one being in Morpeth, England. The Foundation were able to pinpoint the origin of the spike which eventually lead to the discovery of SCP-6475, which was located in a residence on Valebrook Avenue, belonging to Otto and Yasmin Massie.

When the residence was searched by MTF Chi-14 ("Grave Robbers"), personnel discovered SCP-6475 locked in the house's attic, with SCP-6475 clutching a stuffed toy dog and being noticeably afraid and upset. Following a quick analysis, Chi-14 were able to easily remove SCP-6475 and managed to calm them down before sending them to Site-12.

During an interview, both Otto and Yasmin showed signs of great distress and claimed that SCP-6475 was a hallucination which resulted from the grief they were feeling following the death of their son. Researchers were able to confirm Otto and Yasmin's son, Charlie Massie, died a week earlier after contracting bacterial meningitis. On the advice of the Ethics Committee, Otto and Yasmin were given Class B amnestics, allowing them to forget SCP-6475's existence and grieve in private.

Since their discovery, due to their low impact on their surroundings and benign nature, SCP-6475 has been used by the Department of Spectral Affairs as an example for introductory and training purposes.


Addendum 6475.1: Manifestation Investigation

At first, SCP-6475 showed great distress under the Foundation's care, making repeated claims to see their mother and father and to have access to "Woofie"4. Fortunately, with quick improvements in their containment procedures, access to "Woofie" and the introduction of trained containment specialists, SCP-6475 was able to trust Foundation personnel and reach a much happier state.

With SCP-6475 now in a more stable state, the Department of Spectral Affairs began investigating the possible origin of SCP-6475. This was due to the fact the Foundation had no spectral entities similar to SCP-6475 on record5. Psychotherapist Dr. Zachary Dafydd was able to conduct a psychological profile of SCP-6475 while phasmology and pneumatologist, Dr. Antonia Potter, and thaumaturgist, Agent Itsuki Zhao, investigated the possible origin of SCP-6475 manifestation.

Below is the result of Dr. Potter and Agent Zhao's investigations:

Investigation

Results

Conclusion

Memetic anchoring

No memetic hazards were found at the location or being produced by either SCP-6475, Otto or Yasmin Massie or from the remains of Charlie Massie. No infohazardous were found within any documentation regarding SCP-6475 existence or their previous state as Charlie Massie.

SCP-6475 is not the result of a memetic or infohazardous anomaly.

Temporary reality instability.

Hume levels of the surrounding area (5 km radius) at the time never increased outside of 79 ± 0.7ξ, implying no reality instability within the timeframe.

SCP-6475 is not the result of an ontokinetic anomaly.

Psycho-assimilative influence.

Charlie Massie showed no history of abuse or neglect and prior to contracting meningitis, was both physically healthy and was in a stable home environment. Otto and Yasmin's grief had no psychic influence on SCP-6475.

SCP-6475 is not the result of a psionic anomaly.

Thaumaturgical anchoring

Outside of the standard background Akiva levels expected in the area, no great source of thaumaturgical influence could be found. Analysis proved the last thaumic procedure enacted occurred 23 days before SCP-6475 manifestation and its results were unrelated.

SCP-6475 is not the result of a thaumaturgical anomaly.

Astral and Chthonic Barring

Project Sightsee determined that no blockages were currently in place on any of the astral or chthonic planes and that SCP-6475 had the potential to utilise up to 7 methods of assentation.

SCP-6475 is not subjected to astral or chthonic oppression.

Below is Dr. Dafydd's psychological assessment:

PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT (PA-6475-01)


SUBJECT: SCP-6475
LOCATION: Site-12, Dartmoor, England
PSYCHOLOGICAL OFFICER Dr. Zachary Dafydd, Level 3 Department of Anomalous Humanoid Psychology


After extensive observation and testing, I can honestly say SCP-6475's behaviour and intelligence are no different to that of an ordinary toddler. They're not noticeably intelligent, their interests and capabilities are expected for someone their age and their emotional needs are as you'd expect. They play, they cry, they toddle around, they sleep.

In other words, ignore the fact they're a ghost, SCP-6475 is a "perfectly normal child". I see no reason why they could be the reason they're like this. They can't even understand what death is, let alone what a ghost is.

If you ask me, given everything Toni, Itsuki and I have discovered, the only possible reason why 6475 is what they are, is because someone up there is playing a very nasty joke. A joke I am not finding funny.

As a result of these findings, further research into SCP-6475's origin was abandoned.


Addendum 6475.2: Developments Under Foundation Care

Whilst under Foundation care, the Department of Spectral Affairs began a study, with Ethics Committee approval, of SCP-6475's spectral capabilities and maturity. Below are the results of the studies:


Addendum 6475.3: Incident 6475-Omega

Below is an audio transcript taken from containment specialist, Siwan Caradog, during Incident 6475-Omega:

woofie.jpg

"Woofie".

Following SCP-6475's disappearance, a site-wide search began. Initially, it was speculated that SCP-6475 had developed the ability to translocate. However, analysis failed to detect any shifts in Akiva and Hume levels within the site. Analysis also failed to discover SCP-6475's ectoplasm signature anywhere on site. Caradog's statement was also met with confusion as despite vehemently confirming she smelt tobacco, history confirmed that nobody had used the playground as a smoking area since its construction.

When the security footage of the playground was checked with ectographical techniques, footage depicted SCP-6475 noticing something nearby and running quickly towards it whilst Caradog looked away from them, putting "Woofie" down in the process. SCP-6475 accelerated and began to grow more translucent until completely disappearing at the end of the footage. It was also noted that SCP-6475 appeared to be picked up during the last few moments before disappearing and appeared to recognise what they were running towards.

In order to obtain further information, Dr. Potter applied an experimental thaumaturgical, ectographical technique, which involved layering numerous parallel astral planes as the footage played.

Below is a transcript of the footage of SCP-6475 movements during Incident 6475-Omega:

Following this information, SCP-6475 was tentatively reclassified as neutralized. SCP-6475 neutralization had a profound impact on the morale of many of their containment specialists and researchers, with several personnel requesting time off. Most of these requests were granted.

Siwan Caradog was impacted more than any other specialist and suffered from a nervous breakdown a few days later. Caradog was given two weeks of immediate leave in order to recover. Before her leave, Caradog requested to be subjected to Class C amnestics. This request was denied by order of Ethics Committee Liaison Elena Clarke:

"Woofie" was added to the Foundation's Remembrance Reliquary7 a week after SCP-6475's neutralization.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License