EE-6460
rating: +41+x

EE-6460


NOTICE FROM THE FOUNDATION RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION


You are viewing an archived file as it existed on 28 March 1888. The information contained within is likely inaccurate due to more recently-acquired data: as such, this file exists for archival purposes only. Please return to the RAISA database to access other iterations of this file.

You have been granted authorization to view this archived file due to your employment in the Archival Department's Scotichronicon Initiative1. On these grounds, you have been granted access to every file in the Foundation database dated to before 1 July 1889 — if you cannot access such a file, please contact your RAISA representative.

— Maria Jones, Director, RAISA

Temple_Square_1912_panorama.jpg

Nexus Forty-Four on the day of the EE-6460 disappearance event.

Identifier: Extranormal Event-6460

Event Class: Pending-Cambyses

Operations for Containment: Unnecessary. EE-6460 itself has concluded and no similar event, so far as the Foundation is currently aware, has since resurfaced in Nexus Forty-Four.

As to improve relations with the Laputan state, the Foundation has pledged humanitarian aid to help recover losses caused by EE-6460. This initiative, headed by agent Lemieux, is ongoing. Department of External Affairs personnel are to consult Document 6460-Luther with appropriate clearance for further information.

Description: EE-6460 was an anomalous planar disturbance that caused the disappearance of several objects and persons in Nexus Forty-Four ("Flying Island of Laputa") on December 19th, 1887. It would seem the effects of EE-6460 were limited to the Nexus itself, though the reason for this is unknown. The disappearances were instantaneous, occurring at exactly 4:16 PM, with their victims entirely demanifesting from baseline reality2. Casualties included:

  • An estimated thirty-nine (39) civilian casualties (all Laputan citizens; no Foundation operatives).
  • Two (2) notable members of Laputan nobility, now designated PoI-6460-A and PoI-6460-B3.
  • Several articles of Laputan paramagnetic levitation technology.
  • A small piece of SCP-68AG ("The Grand Lodestone")4. Its removal led to a brief period of unpredictable and disruptive, albeit relatively minor, gravitational destabilizations across Nexus Forty-Four.
  • An elaborate necklace comprised of the teeth of eques malignus infernalis (Greenlandic nuckelavee), previously personally belonging to queen Balnibarigoiis VI.
  • Several seemingly random buildings and pieces of public infrastructure, resulting in considerable damage to urban centers. Even with the aid of the Foundation, Nexus Forty-Four has yet to fully rebuild.

It is unknown whether the victims of EE-6460 were entirely erased from baseline reality or somehow transported to an accessory plane of existence. Further research is pending.

You are currently viewing an outdated iteration (28 MAR 1888) of this document. In order to view the most updated version, click here.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License