SCP-6436
rating: +21+x
Item#: 6436-1
Level2
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
thaumiel
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
notice

IMG_6228.jpeg

SCP-6436-1.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6436 will be kept in a standard containment locker. Personnel with level 2 access clearance and above may use the object after filling out a requisition form.

SCP-6436-1 is to be kept in a secure containment locker. Access to the object is permitted to personnel with Level-4 Access clearance and above.

Addendum-6436-1: SCP-6436 has been reclassified as SCP-6436-1. A newly discovered object has been classified as SCP-6436.

Description: SCP-6436 SCP-6436-1 resembles a bronze-based, candlestick rotary telephone. The object possesses standard labeling except for two items. One is the manufacturing date, which predates the invention of the telegraph. The second is an engraving on the stem of the object noting that SCP-6436 SCP-6436-1 is item 14 of the Corva Collectables.

When utilized, a voice will prompt the user to select a language before communication commences.
Language selections include English, Italian, Spanish, Hindi, French, Mandarin, Latin, and Sumerian.

Testing revealed that the object could translate outgoing and incoming speech in any of the selected languages. The object displays the ability to make and receive calls regardless of a power source and signal.

Addendum-6436-2: Following the Discovery of the new SCP-6436, SCP-6436-1 has lost all anomalous properties except for one. The object retains the ability to make calls regardless of signal and power source, although SCP-6436-1 can only make calls with SCP-6436.

Item#: 6436
Level4
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
notice

IMG_6230.jpeg

Provisional Site 3929

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6436 is currently uncontainable. All contact with SCP-6436 is directed through SCP-6436-1. Dialogue with SCP-6436 must be approved by personnel with level-4 access clearance and above.

All documentation concerning SCP-6436 is to be kept in a non-digital form. Devices that are capable of connecting to the internet are not to enter within a 5-meter radius of documents concerning SCP-6436.

Description: SCP-6436 is a Class-V Superintelligence that has been disseminated throughout the internet on a scale that makes current containment impossible SCP-6436 utilizes a series of servers to achieve sentience. The object is exceptionally adept at predicting outcomes and behaviors of non-anomalous and human-directed events.

SCP-6436 has only contacted Foundation personnel through SCP-6436-1. The object’s “speech” consists of spliced-together audio clips originating from songs, radio shows, films, television programs, and interviews.

Discovery: On March 21st, 2002, SCP-6436-1 activated without any prompt from Foundation personnel. Because of the low level of security surrounding the object, Junior Researcher Mia Farley accessed the object to determine the reason for its spontaneous activity. This action was the first contact between Foundation personnel and SCP-6436.

Immediately following Interview-6436-01, SCP-6436-1 was transported to O5-12, who utilized the object to determine how SCP-6436 acquired classified information. O5-12 reported that the entity continued to offer information concerning a raid on Site-15.

Approximately fifty-seven minutes after O5-12’s discourse with the object concluded, members of the Chaos Insurgency commenced a raid on Site-15 but were successfully repelled by an increased Foundation security force due to SCP-6436's warning.

Four days after the failed raid perpetrated at Site-15, SCP-6436 contacted the Foundation again and offered to be interviewed and tested. The offer was accepted and was followed closely by interviews and tests. Following an increasing number of raids on Foundation sites and a vote by Overwatch Command, the Aurora Borealis program was implemented.1

Addendum-6436-3: Following Incident-6436-17, digitization of non-essential information is to be stopped, and analog alternatives engaged until the integrity of the Foundation database is assured.
72 Pleiades Machines have been implemented to confuse SCP-6436, while the Aurora Borealis Program has been canceled.2 The destruction of Provisional Site 3929 has disabled SCP-6436’s ability to think sentiently, although its code is still present throughout the internet.

Following Interview-6436-04, it was discovered that information given by SCP-6436 has been incomplete to some degree.
During a statistical breakdown, it was discovered that all operations within the Aurora Borealis program had simply disrupted the actions of GoI’s involved rather than preventing them.

Researchers Note:
I would like to note several occurrences that were observed by myself during the time that the Aurora Borealis Program was implemented.
The first thing I’ll note was the extremely low casualty number during Borealis operations.4 Of the 39 operations that occurred, three casualties were reported, with only one of those dying.
Secondly, the occurrence of raids on Foundation sites dropped by a staggering 89%, with casualty rates being in low 5-9% of the raids that did occur.
During my interviews with SCP-6436, it told me it wanted to minimize conflict. It seems to me that it was successful to an extent. - Dr. Ramírez

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License