SCP-6434
rating: +19+x
Item#: 6434
Level3
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
danger


Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6434 is to be stored in a Standard Issue Locker at Site-76's Safe Object Storage. No audio recordings are to be made of SCP-6434. SCP-6434 should not be tampered with further. Access to SCP-6434 is limited to personnel accompanied by Level 3 security and the current Head Researcher.

Description: SCP-6434 is a standard black cassette tape made for recording audio with the writing "Geek Stink Breath 8hrs non official" on its label and has the song "Geek Stink Breath" by Green Day,1 recorded presumably in violation of copyright law. The writing on the label is impossible to tamper or alter. Other than this, no other physical anomaly is present.

SCP-6434 is an audiohazard and should only be played to D-class personnel, deaf personnel, or personnel with noise cancelling headgear. The anomalous effects only activate if the object is played on a cassette player and goes past the 2:15 mark and the subject can physically hear the song. The subject must be cognitively aware of the music to trigger the effects of SCP-6434. Exposure to the sound waves does not trigger any effect. SCP-6434's range is proportional to the audio acuity of the subject. The anomalous effects of SCP-6434 will be transferred to other audio recordings of it.

If the subject listens to SCP-6434 for more than 2 minutes and 15 seconds, they will fall into a comatose state and begin rapidly showing signs of methamphetamine usage mentioned in the song, even if the subject has no history of drug usage. After five hours since initial exposure, the subject will show all symptoms2 of methamphetamine usage and die of overdose.

Subjects can recover from the comatose state if the recording is interrupted and stopped. Removing the subject's ability to hear at this point has no effect. Recovered subjects will show signs of emotional trauma and repeat the phrase: "Home tapes are killing record industry profits.".

Discovery: SCP-6434 was discovered in a college dormitory after reports of a group of students who passed away due to methamphetamine overdose in the same room. According to their post mortem autopsy, the time of the deaths was only seconds apart. The low probability of the situation alerted the Foundation.

Addendum: After 06/03/1998 SCP-6434 was considered contained, however, Foundation webcrawlers have found an eBay listing active since 05/07/2000 of a cassette that is the exact match of SCP-6434 posted by user "Punk_n_Rock". Foundation agents investigated the location of the IP address, leading to the discovery of POI-32498. The new instance of SCP-6434 has been seized and contained with the first instance of SCP-6434. The listing has been since deleted by the Department of Cyberspace Monitoring.

Foundation personnel have found anomalous materials that can be linked back to POI-8259 in POI-32498's garage. POI-8259 also has the same surname as POI-32498 and is listed as the biological father on POI-32498's birth certificate.

POI-32498 has been immediately taken into custody within 24 hours of its house being searched in the presence of MTF Upsilon-001 ("Desert Dogs"). Following the hours of POI-32498 being transported to Site-17, its house was destroyed in an explosion that was determined to have happened due to natural gas leaks, however the Foundation keeps the possibility of the Global Occult Coalition being responsible open. After the event, class B amnestics were administered to the local populace and POI-32498 was falsely pronounced dead due to the explosion.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License