SCP-6415
rating: +12+x

Item #: SCP-6415

Object Class: Safe


Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6415 is currently being held within a standard containment unit at Site-19. Until more is discovered about the properties of the anomaly, SCP-6415 is not to be deconstructed beyond its outer casing for fear that it may obstruct or cause irreversible harm to its anomalous effects.

Description: SCP-6415 is a gray metallic cylindrical device 56cm in height, and having a diameter of 33cm. The exterior of the container possesses several unknown disjointed symbols and characters likely warnings regarding proper usage of the anomaly. The shell of the container consists of a highly durable, lightweight, unfamiliar alloy, which suggests the object is of extraterrestrial origin.

SCP-6415 possesses an extending compartment inside which organic material can be placed. Attempts at inputting inorganic material within SCP-6415 have resulted in rejection, accompanied by a short, high-pitched beeping tone.

Upon the successful insertion of biological material into SCP-6415, the input will be moved up into a small display area where it is then dissolved via the excretion of an unknown acidic compound. The resulting gelatinous mixture is then sucked through a flexible tube, presumably to be recycled into other forms throughout SCP-6415's operation1. After an average duration of about 5 minutes, an ambiguous organic solid is lowered in from the top of the display area and then injected with a syringe which promotes rapid cellular division. During this process, a new complex organism will descend from the container and is then given the designation SCP-6415-A.

All instances of SCP-6415-A have proven to be unique from one another regardless of inputted organic material, with there being a general correlation to the amount of material, and size and complexity of the organism. Instances of SCP-6415-A tend to have a level of intelligence comparable to that of a common insect, and with little provocation display high amounts of aggression towards one another2, however, this mostly does not extend to other organisms. Regardless, the lifeforms created by SCP-6415 have a very short lifespan, with the longest instance surviving 156 hours, and the shortest surviving only 13 seconds.




Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License