SCP-6409

rating: +43+x
BowlingBall.jpg

SCP-6409-A.

Item #: SCP-6409

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6409 is to be contained in a modified containment chamber at Site-43. The chamber has been expanded to accommodate a space for bowling, including: hardwood floor, lane with gutters, pinsetting machinery, and ball return mechanism. The chamber is equipped with one permanently installed Scranton Reality Anchor, which may be activated directly or remotely.

SCP-6409 is afforded these privileges based on compliance with containment measures. Containment Technicians may transfer any uncooperative instance(s) of SCP-6409 to auxiliary cells until its behaviour improves.

Description: The SCP-6409 designation refers to a collection of previously inanimate objects which demonstrate sapience and autonomous function. SCP-6409 was recovered from the premises of "King Al's Bowling Empire", a now-shuttered bowling venue. The majority of these objects display only a rudimentary level of sapient function, however several of the entities demonstrate distinct personalities and are capable of communication.

SCP-6409-A is a standard black ten-pin bowling ball, decorated with three curved blue lines. It achieves movement primarily by rolling on surfaces, sometimes aided by telekinetic ability. SCP-6409-A is capable of speaking audibly, by unknown means. All SCP-6409 objects will defer to SCP-6409-A with enthusiastic reverence as their leader; its interactions with Foundation staff are marked by egotistical statements and delusions of grandeur. Preliminary observations indicate that SCP-6409-A is the central source of SCP-6409 anomalous activity; other objects are neutralized in the presence of a Scranton Reality Anchor or when sufficiently separated from SCP-6409-A itself.

SCP-6409-B is a size-10 pair of bowling shoes, made with red and yellow material and decorated by permanent marker with various designs (stars, skulls, lightning bolts, etc). SCP-6409-B uses telekinetic ability to move as though walking, and also employs its shoelaces to manipulate objects in its environment. SCP-6409-B is rambunctious, slightly crass, and displays poor impulse control. It has demonstrated that it is capable of swift and violent action under certain provocations. Furthermore, SCP-6409-B retains anomalous properties even when removed from the vicinity of SCP-6409-A.

SCP-6409-C is a white ten-pin bowling pin with multiple scratches and chipped paint on its surface. SCP-6409-C is more malleable than its wooden composition should allow; it can bend, stretch, compress and twist itself without damaging its body. SCP-6409-C has been described as reserved, typically remaining passive during interaction with Foundation staff unless directly addressed. In contrast to other SCP-6409 items, SCP-6409-C frequently isolates itself from the presence of SCP-6409-A (while still retaining active properties).


Addendum 6409-1: Initial Discovery

History: The Foundation was alerted to a potential anomaly occurring in Gaylord, Michigan. A small team of field agents were sent to investigate, and subsequently discovered SCP-6409.


Addendum 6409-2: Interview 1


Addendum 6409-3: Interview 2


Addendum 6409-5: Field Team Findings

Update: Operatives assigned to circumstantial investigations of SCP-6409's origins have had minimal success in uncovering background details.

The registered business owner, one Alvin Kingsley, had been on the verge of bankruptcy up until approximately 3 months ago when their financial accounts stabilized. Observation of both his home and business has yielded no sightings of the individual.

An ex-employee named Marisa Travis was the only associated lead who could be reached for questioning. Agents learned that she had been laid off approximately 5 months prior, leaving only two individuals still employed by the owner: Paul Farren, and Shaun Kilmore.


Addendum 6409-5: Interview 3


Addendum 6409-6: Interview 4


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License