SCP-6407

rating: +28+x
Item#: 6407
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
warning
Assigned Site:
Site-88
Site Director:
Dr. Phillip Foster
{$class-category-3}
{$class-text-3}
{$class-category-4}
{$class-text-4}
Research Head:
Dr. Elias Brito
Assigned Task Force:
N/A
{$class-category-3}
{$class-text-3}
{$class-category-4}
{$class-text-4}

globert.png
Footage of SCP-6407 recorded by a CCTV camera.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6407 is to be contained within a Standard Secure Humanoid Containment Cell. Daily, a D-Class Personnel must carry a bucket filled with 5 kg of tomato sauce to SCP-6407's containment cell, which will be given to the entity for absorption.

Description: SCP-6407 is a sapient human male, concealed inside a layer of tomato ketchup. This layer covers the entirety of its body, except for the eyes. While its arms are incapable of movement, SCP-6407 can form streams of ketchup. In terms of appearance, these streams are similar to tentacles. SCP-6407 will use them to gain or discharge mass.

SCP-6407 has partial control over all the ketchup that constructs its outer layer, effectively letting it separate the tomato sauce from all other substances that might contaminate it. Its internal organs seem to have been repurposed for an unknown function. However, these organs being utilized as means to avoid the spoiling and drying of the ketchup has been hypothesized.

SCP-6407 regularly displays high levels of stress and anxiety, thus causing it to behave violently both with its environment and the people surrounding it. The anomaly's stress levels were significantly reduced during the time Dr. Jacob Fletcher was assigned to it.

Addendum 6407.1: SCP-6407 was retrieved wandering in the woods near Candem, Alabama. SCP-6407 was involved in an incident in the “Tip Top” fast food restaurant. SCP-6407, known as Myles Meighan at the time, was present along with three other employees: Simon Luke, Gabriel Collins and Andrew Jones.

The following is a transcript of the restaurant's security video footage. Access was granted by the restaurant's owner.

Gabriel established contact with law enforcement after the incident, and the Foundation intervened after being notified by an embedded agent in the police force. MTF Epsilon-6 (“Village Idiots”) was sent to locate SCP-6407 and proceed to its containment. The restaurant was put on lockdown and searched for more anomalous objects; nothing was found. The cadaver of Andrew Jones was identified and recovered. Gabriel Collins and Simon Luke were interrogated shortly after.

The following is a transcript of an interview conducted with Simon Luke.

The following is a transcript of an interview conducted with Gabriel Collins.

Everyone involved was given Class B amnestics and a cover story before being released.

Addendum 6407.2: The following observations were made by Dr. Jacob Fletcher during the first days of containment.

Date Observation
2019/06/06 SCP-6407 is hostile towards the staff. For safety precautions, no physical contact has been established yet.
2019/06/07 SCP-6407 appears to have been calmed down. However, attempts of communication have failed as SCP-6407 remains unresponsive.
2019/06/10 Due to a noticeable lack of mass, ketchup has been administered to SCP-6407. Some of its mass was regained.
2019/06/11 Scheduled daily supply of Ketchup based on the amount of mass lost during the past days. SCP-6407 remains unresponsive to communication attempts.
2019/06/19 SCP-6407 attacked D-20226, who was assigned for the daily ketchup supply, by attempting to drown him. The two guards accompanying D-20226 immobilized SCP-6407. D-20226 was able to leave without any major injuries.
2019/06/20 When Dr. Fletcher entered the containment chamber, SCP-6407 had written: “I AM SORRY”. SCP-6407 was unable to talk, so instead, SCP-6407 wrote on the glass between the two sides of the containment chamber.

Addendum 6407.3: A compilation of several interviews and notes regarding SCP-6407.

After successfully setting up a method to interview SCP-6407, Dr. Fletcher and Dr. Brito repeated this process on the following interviews.

A crumpled note dating the same day as the previous interview was found on Dr. Fletcher's headquarters. Its contents have been transcripted.

Dr. Fletcher requested Dr. Brito to be relocated as his assistance was not required. Three days after, another interview was conducted by Dr. Fletcher alone.

Another note written by Dr. Brito was found shortly after the interview. Its contents have been transcripted.

Addendum 6407.4: Soon after, Dr. Jacob Fletcher sent the following email to their immediate superior.

Dr. Jacob Fletcher was prohibited further interactions with SCP-6407 for an undefined period. Dr. Elias Brito was reassigned as the head researcher of SCP-6407 by request of Dr. Fletcher.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License