SCP-6406
rating: +81+x

Item#: SCP-6406
Level2
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
notice

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6406 is to be kept in a standard humanoid containment cell within Site-87. Standard interview protocols are to be observed with the following two caveats:

  • Interviews are to only be performed by Researcher Cassandra Pike.
  • Additional security is to be implemented to subdue either the subject or Pike if violence is imminent, up to and including utilization of anesthetic gas to render either subject or Pike unconscious.

In addition, Pike has been granted clearance to Site-87’s armory. She is allowed a small-caliber handgun in order to subdue and recontain SCP-6406 in the event that it manifests in her proximity. She is to be accompanied by a discrete security detail while inside Nexus Zone 18.

Description: SCP-6406 is an entity of unclear origin that resembles Dr. Francis Bietsy, a former neurosurgeon and self-proclaimed ‘health guru’.1 While physically resembling Bietsy, SCP-6406 is demonstrably not the individual in question. Notable deviations include the fact that SCP-6406 appears to be twenty-two years old, while the actual Francis Bietsy is thirty-four years old; SCP-6406 cannot accurately account for their activities between 2000 and 2022; SCP-6406 lacks basic biographical knowledge of subjects such as the names of Francis Bietsy’s parents, their childhood home, and the name of their wife; and SCP-6406 displays distinctive, exaggerated emotionally abusive behavior. Furthermore, SCP-6406 has shown anomalous regenerative properties to the point where they can recover from any injury.

SCP-6406 is in a heavily antagonistic relationship with Foundation researcher Dr. Cassandra Pike, stationed at Site-87. Dr. Pike was friends with the actual Francis Bietsy during her time in undergraduate school, but grew distant following a severe argument that resulted in Dr. Pike being issued mandatory counseling by psychological staff at William and Mary University. Dr. Pike has not received an SCP classification, as she is not anomalous beyond her connection to SCP-6406.

SCP-6406 manifested in early 2021, approximately five months into Dr. Pike’s pregnancy. Two days prior to its manifestation, she had been contacted by the actual Francis Bietsy over their civilian Facebook account, where she had posted photographs of herself throughout her pregnancy; Bietsy seemingly wished to congratulate Dr. Pike on their successful conception.

Addendum: Manifestation of SCP-6406: In March of 2021, SCP-6406 manifested while Dr. Pike was with her husband, Dr. Claude Mattings, at St. Francis de Sales Hospital in Sloth’s Pit, Wisconsin2 While leaving the building following an ultrasound examination, embedded listening devices within their phones recorded the following audio:

Dr. Mattings: You’re joking.

Dr. Pike: I wish. I wanted to throw my phone at the wall when I saw it.

Dr. Mattings: From what you told me, guy’s a piece of work.

Dr. Pike: Yeah. Blocked him and left him on ‘read’. If I didn’t have my parents on there, I’d honestly delete Facebook.

Dr. Mattings: Honestly? You could probably ask Pryce to assassinate Zuckerberg for you, make their stock plummet. Would make a hell of a baby shower gift, I think.

Dr. Pike: laughing Jesus, hon!

Dr. Mattings: Just a joke, just a joke.

Dr. Pike: Normal people don’t joke about assassinating CEOs in front of recording equipment so high-fidelity it can hear a flea piss on the moon!

Dr. Mattings: So you prefer me cold and stoic, got it. Wait, where’d we park?

Dr. Pike: Hold on, I have the remote.

Miscellaneous audio expunged

Dr. Mattings: I swore we parked closer. Sorry about that, hon.

Dr. Pike: audibly panting It’s… fine. But… next time, I’m… taking the wheelchair.

Dr. Mattings: Good ide—

Silence for several seconds.

Dr. Mattings: Who the hell is that in our car?

Dr. Pike: Shit. Does this one have the thing where we can lock someone in?

Dr. Mattings: New car, remember? We haven’t had it installed yet.

Dr. Pike: Fuck. What do we do?

Dr. Mattings: I’ll call 9-1-1. Get behind me. I’d rather whatever’s in there eat me before it gets to my daughter.

Dr. Mattings is heard on the phone with emergency services. Further data is pulled from Dr. Pike’s device.

Dr. Pike: I… think I’m seeing things, or else the town’s getting to me. It looks like… like…

The sound of a car door opening and closing is heard.

SCP-6406: Eya, Cass. How’s it going?

Dr. Pike: What the fuck? Francis? Francis fucking Bietsy? I— no, no way, no.

Dr. Mattings: Wait— the hell? I saw him on TV the other day. You’re telling me that’s Francis Bietsy?

Dr. Pike: It fucking looks like the son of a bitch. Same smug smile, same hair, same letterman jacket… and he hasn’t aged a day. That spells ‘anomaly’.

Dr. Mattings: I’ll call the Site for pickup. Just… don’t do anything rash. We don’t want—

Dr. Pike: Another Oliver?

Dr. Mattings: Yeah.

SCP-6406: Look at you, all knocked up. Looks like you produced something halfway worthwhile.

Dr. Mattings: Cassandra. Stay behind me. I need to—

SCP-6406: To what, exactly? While you protect her from her own failures, again? You know why she hates me so much?

Dr. Mattings: No, and I frankly don’t care. Dr. Mattings activates his phone’s personal assistant. Helen, contact Site-87, Code 25.

SCP-6406: Apathy is the most positive emotion I could expect from her at this point, and she won’t even give me that. Your wife’s a bitch, and you’re only with her out of pity and the fear that—

At this point, SCP-6406 was violently subdued by Dr. Mattings.

SCP-6406 was unusually cooperative, allowing itself to be taken into custody. Its injuries (amounting to a broken nose and a concussion) healed rapidly after its arrival at Site-87. However, it refused to communicate with any member of Site-87 personnel except for Dr. Pike. She agreed to this, as Bietsy is a public figure, and any connection this anomaly has to him posed a risk to Veil integrity should the behavior of SCP-6406 begin to manifest in the actual Francis Biesty.

Addendum: Selected SCP-6406 Interviews:

Date: March 19th, 2021
Subject: Dr. Cassandra Pike
Interviewer: Agent Robert Tofflemire

Agent Tofflemire: Okay, so let me see if I have this straight. The thing we have in containment is Frank Bietsy? The quack who got hundreds of people to drink colloidal silver to cure COVID?

Dr. Pike: Yeah, R-gent Cyur. Such a stupid fucking name, can’t believe… the point is, yeah, it’s either him, or something wearing his face to mess with me.

Agent Tofflemire: He seems to be… kind of obsessed with you. What’s up with that? How do you know him?

Dr. Pike: Met him in undergrad, eons ago, before he became a millionaire. And… Dr. Pike inhales deeply. Can you promise that what I’m about to say won’t get me sectioned?

Agent Tofflemire: You seem shaken up by this. I don’t think Dr. Palmer’s gonna mind a polemic.

Dr. Pike: He and I used to be friends. Not great friends, but friends. We’d meet in the union at William and Mary after class, even collaborated on a few group projects in bio and chem. Then… summer of our sophomore year, it’s like a switch flipped in him.

He went from being somewhat humble, talented, and gracious, to someone who got lost in his own ego. He would constantly suck up to professors just to get ahead, and slacked off throughout all of undergrad, probably through his doctorate program too. All it got him was a status as one of the most well-paid doctors in the country behind fucking Dr. Oz.

Agent Tofflemire: You sound kinda bitter about him.

Dr. Pike: Why would I be? He makes a living selling hackery and quackery to the gullible masses. I have some measure of integrity. Dr. Pike sniffs. Not a lot, but some.

Agent Tofflemire: And you know that 6406 will only talk to you?

Dr. Pike: I can handle myself around it. Therapy’s been helping. I’m wondering if this… isn’t the thing from last Halloween? Some piece of it that—

Agent Tofflemire: It isn’t. I saw its remains, and I know it’s dead. It’s not coming back. This is something new, it has to be.

Dr. Pike: …okay then. When’s my first interview with it?

Agent Tofflemire: Tomorrow.

Date: March 20th, 2021
Subject: SCP-6406
Interviewer: Dr. Pike

Dr. Pike: Beginning first interview with SCP-6406. This is Dr. Cassandra Pike, and the subject in front of me is a humanoid anomaly resembling Francis Bietsy, noted… health guru.

SCP-6406: We used to be friends.

Dr. Pike: Going to go through the stock questions. What are you?

SCP-6406: Right now, I’m tied down. Are the chains necessary?

Dr. Pike: We don’t know the full extent of what you are, but we know you aren’t Francis Bietsy. He’s in Texas right now, giving a conference on… something about how miracle fruit can make you live for 150 years. Where did you come from?

SCP-6406: Where did you go? Where did you come from, Cassie-Eye Joe?

Dr. Pike: Do I have to get the cattle prod? That wasn’t a stock question, by the way. What is your point of origin?

SCP-6406: Point Pleasant, West Virginia! Home of the mothman, and the greatest doctor in the world! That’s me, by the way.

Dr. Pike: Still as pompous as ever. SCP-6406, are you willing to actually cooperate?

SCP-6406: Cass, you don’t have to be so formal. You don’t remember us working together? Bein’ at least a little friendly?

Dr. Pike: I remember you turning into the worst person I’ve ever known. Not much worth remembering beyond that.

SCP-6406: Ask what you actually want to ask, not these stock questions. Or can you not even do your job as a… did you ever actually become a biologist? Or are you some janitor here that they just happened to hire?

Dr. Pike: I’ve done good work. You can’t take that away from me.

SCP-6406: Can’t I, though? I’ve been published in hundreds of reputable periodicals. Anyone who reads a paper you publish probably gets sent to a blacksite.

Dr. Pike: You aren’t him. You’re at least a decade my junior. You look just like him in college, which is… impossible.

SCP-6406: Even if I’m not Francis Bietsy, you’re still Cassandra Pike. Still the same lunatic who gave death glares to her professors if they announced the class got a C average on a test, even though you always got an A.

Dr. Pike: I don’t have time for this. Answer the damn question. What made you?

SCP-6406: Boy or girl?

SCP-6406 indicates Dr. Pike’s belly.

Dr. Pike: I’m not telling you about my child. Where did you come from?

SCP-6406: Quid pro quo. I tell you something, you tell me.

Dr. Pike: All right, fine. I’ll tell you something.

Dr. Pike stands and leans slightly across the table.

Fuck off. You can try the Hannibal Lecter schtick all you want, but I ain’t huntin’ Buffalo Bill here.

Dr. Pike returns to her seat.

Now, you’re going to tell me why the hell the Nexus made you.3

SCP-6406: I honestly just looked you up on Facebook and decided I’d pop in to say hi. Glad I did— seems like your husband needs a break from you. Never seen a more hen-pecked son of a bitch in my li—

At this point, Dr. Pike stands and abruptly exits the room, terminating the interview. Video feed shows the one-way observation glass vibrating violently within the containment cell, startling SCP-6406. Dr. Pike admitted herself to the infirmary for an injured hand following this.

SCP-6406: And you’re giving up when things get even remotely difficult! There’s the Cassie I remember.

No further interviews would take place until May of 2021, when SCP-65004 came to an end. SCP-6406 breached containment, and appeared within Dr. Pike and Dr. Mattings’s quarters in Site-87 on May 20th during their evening meal.

Date: May 20th, 2021

Dr. Pike and Dr. Mattings are at the kitchen table in their quarters, eating leftover food from a local Chinese restaurant. Dr. Pike suddenly becomes melancholy.

Dr. Mattings: You all right, hon?

Dr. Pike: Asshole’s popped back into my head again.

Dr. Mattings: Want to talk about it?

Dr. Pike: Not particularly. I just want to forget that he exists, honestly.

Dr. Mattings: Wouldn’t be safe for the baby, but… we could see about getting you amnestic treatment in a couple of months. Get him out of your head.

Dr. Pike: He’d just pop back in. Amnestics can’t really get rid of mental wounds a decade or more old—

SCP-6406: And I’m going to stay right there.

SCP-6406 has abruptly appeared behind Dr. Pike. She screams and is caught by Dr. Mattings before she falls from her chair.

Dr. Mattings: What the fuck— Helen, containment breach, 6406’s gotten into our room!

Dr. Pike: How the hell— how are you here? How are you here?!

SCP-6406: I got lonely down in the cell, figured I’d pop in to say hi. Come and visit me a bit more often, and this won’t happen again.

SCP-6406 proceeds to take up a container of food and eat from it, before demanifesting. Medical and security teams enter the Pike-Mattings Family quarters three minutes later, where Dr. Pike is sat on the couch, being comforted by her husband. The container of food was later recovered in SCP-6406’s cell.

Following this, Dr. Pike reluctantly resumed interviews, reasoning that it was simpler to interact with SCP-6406 in its cell rather than have it appear to her at random.

Date: June 23rd, 2021

SCP-6406: Is the kid even your husband’s?

Dr. Pike: You honestly have to ask that?

SCP-6406: I mean, he looks like the kind of guy who would rather be a sperm donor to a complete stranger than willingly sleep with you.

Dr. Pike: He’s my husband, and my best friend on top of that.

SCP-6406: You don’t have friends, Cassie. You have people who tolerate you. That’s it. Honestly, I’m sorry.

Dr. Pike: For?

SCP-6406: For your child. Growing up with a deranged mother and a father who clearly will never love a bastard.

SCP-6406 laughs.

I’m surprised you haven’t tried to kill me yet. God knows I can feel your death glare from the other side of the glass.

SCP-6406 indicates the one-way observation glass.

SCP-6406: I know you hate me, so cut the professional shit and let it loose. Both barrels, c’mon.

Dr. Pike: You know what?

Dr. Pike directly addresses the camera in the room.

I’m not about to put up with this shit anymore. We’ve gotten zero useful information from him over the past two months. I refuse to do this anymore, and if you want to section me, demote me, whatever, go ahead and do it. I’m not about to let this shitheel force me into this anymore. If he teleports out, I’m sheltering in place and calling the cavalry. Interview terminated.

Site-87 Director Tristan Bailey agreed to halt interviews until a later date. However, SCP-6406 appeared twice more to Dr. Pike, significantly disrupting her daily routine. This briefly ceased following the birth of her daughter and subsequent involvement in a highly classified operation related to her previous work on Project ARK, and the subsequent counter-operation, Project LAZARUS. During this time, Dr. Pike’s psychological state worsened as she tried to care for her daughter, Rose. This was originally attributed to post-partum depression; however, following its appearance in her vehicle in August and subsequent re-containment, Dr. Pike confronted it in its holding cell.

Date: August 17th, 2021

SCP-6406: Did you lose it? Awful flat belly you have there.

Dr. Pike: Fuck you, you know I didn’t. What the hell is wrong with you?

SCP-6406: You think I’m an irredeemable monster. I’m just playing the part at this point, no reason to try to convince you otherwise.

Dr. Pike: You know why I hate you, Francis? You know why I’ve spent years of my life holding a grudge? It’s because you are the kind of person who’s successful without even remotely deserving it. You weedled, brown-nosed, whined, and played the victim all the way to success, coasting on your laurels and successes while doing absolutely nothing that actually contributed to the world in any way, and all you got for it was being one of the highest-paid fucking doctors in the world.

You’re a parasite. Other people work their fingers off to have even an ounce of what you have, and it was handed to you for free because you appeal to the right type of people.

SCP-6406: How very Ayn Rand of you. Tell me, Miss Galt, do you have another seventy pages worth of speech I need to sit through?

Dr. Pike: Shut up! You are the most fucking infuriating thing I’ve ever had to put up with.

SCP-6406: Hard to believe, considering that you live with yourself twenty-four seven. Everyone here thinks you’re crazy.

Dr. Pike: And I don’t know a single fucking person who I’ve talked to in the last three months that doesn’t think you’re one of the worst things we have in containment! There are literal murder gods that people hate less than you! We have fucking clones of Jeffery Dahmer that aren’t as abrasive as you! We’ve had more interesting conversations with aliens who can’t comprehend the existence of the letter “S” without their brains liquefying!

SCP-6406: But they haven’t gotten to know me. Maybe they’d like me then.

Dr. Pike clenches her fists, before approaching SCP-6406.

Dr. Pike: You… have lived in my head for years because of all the things you’ve said and done, and all the things you don’t deserve. The whole time I was working on Lazarus, I knew I was making the world a better place, but it would never be a good place. Not with you in it.

SCP-6406: What are you going to do, then, Cassie? The same thing you’ve done for the last dozen years? Fume about it, cry about it to your therapist? You’re nothi—

Dr. Pike abruptly bull-rushes SCP-6406, pinning it against the wall and attempting to strangle it, letting out a scream of rage. Containment specialist Dr. Jacob Kola activates the Emergency Humanoid Sedation System, which renders both Dr. Pike and SCP-6406 unconscious.

Dr. Pike was remanded into psychological care following this incident, while a Foundation tribunal was convened to decide her fate. However, intervention occurred from an unlikely benefactor— Dr. Tilda Moose, Director of Site-19. Dr. Moose requested a personal audience with Dr. Pike to discuss SCP-6406.

Date: September 19th, 2021
Subject: Dr. Cassandra Pike
Interviewer: Dr. Tilda D. Moose

Dr. Pike is being held in Detention at Site-87. The interview room includes a glass divider with a speaker on either side; Dr. Moose enters, and Dr. Pike has a clear startle response at her appearance. The following dialog is directly relevant to SCP-6406.

Dr. Pike: I don’t understand. Why… why are you helping me?

Dr. Moose: That's… complicated. I was asked to look into your case, and I found that — I found that I needed to understand your situation more. I need you to answer some questions for me, if you're willing. As you said — I'm here to help. Why do you hate SCP-6406 so thoroughly? Or rather, why do you hate Francis Bietsy?

Dr. Pike: Because he has no integrity. He and I… we were both going to become MDs. But he lost all sense of actually wanting to help people overnight, and I changed track to go into biochemistry after seeing how much the pre-med faculty at William and Mary were letting him get away with.

Dr. Moose: Is there more to it than that? To this situation, I mean.

Dr. Pike: He makes me feel like I’m insane. He knows how to push my buttons in those fucking interviews, how to bait me, how to drive me over the edge. And I try so hard not to take the bait, but… it was so easy to react.

Dr. Moose: I can’t condone assaulting an anomalous humanoid, but given the circumstances, it’s not an entirely irrational reaction. Continue, please.

Dr. Pike: He… he’s abrasive. Everything he’s said and done for the last several years has rubbed me the wrong way. And… there’s one more thing.

Dr. Moose: What?

Dr. Pike: That fucking cure-all he markets, R-gent Cyur? That started off as a joke in college that got out of hand.

Several seconds of silence.

Dr. Moose: Can you… elaborate?

Dr. Pike: It was at a fucking party, and we were trying to think up safe, science-themed cocktails. We ended up grabbing a bottle of colloidal silver and mixing it with some bourbon, did this snake-oil salesman routine. I ended up drinking it, and got sick as shit the next couple of days.

Dr. Pike mimes holding a bottle.

Dr. Pike: Behold, Argent Cure, the amazing one-and-done drink that can solve everything from corns and pertussis to dysentery and limp dicks!

Dr. Moose: I don't understand. Do you feel guilt over him taking this idea? Are you angry that he took the joke and used it unethically?

Dr. Pike: Yeah, essentially. It was never meant to be taken seriously. But he stole the name and now is raking in the dough. It’s… not fair.

Dr. Moose: What would have been fair? What would give you vindication?

Dr. Pike: I don’t know.

Dr. Moose: I feel like there’s more you’re not telling me.

Dr. Pike: There isn’t.

Dr. Moose: I suppose… I simply don’t understand why SCP-6406 upsets you so much.

Dr. Pike: Because it’s Francis fucking Bietsy.

Dr. Moose: I just… I don't think that SCP-6406 is representative of the actual Francis Bietsy.

Dr. Pike: I have to disagree with you there. As far as I’m concerned, the thing in containment a few floors down is what Francis is, at his core — a horrible man who keeps on coming back into my head bringing the worst parts to the surface. I hadn’t even thought about him for years before he came out of nowhere and practically said ‘congrats on finally getting laid’ to me on Facebook.

Dr. Pike snorts.

Dr. Pike: Not like you actually know the guy. But I do. Suffice to say, ‘cunt’ is too kind of a word for him.

Dr. Moose: Actually, I do know him.

Dr. Pike: What?

Dr. Moose: He’s a member of the Foundation. He’s part of Cover-Ops— Disinformation. He’s helping distribute material that dilutes what is, essentially, an extradimensional Multi-Level Marketing scheme. Unfortunately, yes, he’s getting rich off of it.

Dr. Pike: WHAT?!

Dr. Pike bangs on the glass divider between herself and Dr. Moose. A guard raises their weapon; Moose raises her hand to indicate the guard should stand down.

Dr. Pike: This motherfucker has been part of the Foundation for how long?

Dr. Moose: Two… no, three years less than yourself.

Dr. Pike: And I suppose you’re about to tell me he donates all of the proceeds to puppy orphanages or something?

Dr. Moose: Of course not. There’s a loophole that allows him to keep most of the profits from the junk he helps the Foundation sell. Personally, I’m not a fan of the arrangement.

You’ve known him longer than I have. I’ve talked to him at maybe a couple of symposiums, heard him speak at a Disinformation seminar. But part of me thinks that you’re not casting him in a good light because you don’t cast yourself in one.

Dr. Pike: I don’t hate myself! I’ve gone through fucking years of therapy to fucking… I…

Dr. Pike pauses and gasps for breath.

Dr. Pike: Years of this, down the drain, because he decided to barge back into my life.

Dr. Moose: I never said anything about you hating yourself. But there’s clear trauma here. You're hurting, Dr. Pike. It's interfering with your work with a potentially key SCP object. Ordinarily, I would ask you to be reassigned, but you're the only one who can do this work. I want to help you. How can we address this situation?

Over a minute of silence is recorded. A guard moves to escort Dr. Pike to her holding cell; Dr. Moose holds up her hand once again.

Dr. Moose: I don’t know much about Sloth’s Pit. I’ve been fascinated with the concept, but not even a Director can control her areas of research, and sadly I’ve never been assigned before now. Stories help create this place, yes?

Dr. Pike: What’s your point?

Dr. Moose: What happens if you believe in the fiction of someone hard enough, and hold on to enough anger, in a place like this?

Dr. Pike: That isn’t a fiction! That thing might as well be the real Francis Biesty! He acts—

Dr. Moose: Like a parody of the real man. I’ve met him. Talked to him not a month ago. He’s a snake-oil salesman. He’s not cruel except when he’s being especially lazy. He doesn’t act like the entity created in his image. He acts like you think he would act.

I finished my assessment of this anomaly before I came in here. I believe that you are unconsciously emotionally fueling this anomaly, and that this manifestation cycle is dangerous enough to be a matter of concern for everyone else.

Further, I think it's artificially altering your emotional state. Not so directly as a mind-affecting ability, but… in the same way that we can't change something without being changed ourselves. You are working in Sloth's Pit — you aren't immune to its effects. Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?

Dr. Pike: So it’s my fault he’s like this?

Dr. Moose: It’s nobody’s fault. It’s just… poison that’s leaked into your brain as a result of horrible things done to you by a variety of people, mixed with general malaise, depression, and the feeling of just… being overwhelmed.

If you want my honest advice… I think you should spend time with your family. Enjoy your maternity leave, like you’re supposed to.

Dr. Pike: Not an option for me. Not with what happened in California. Not with… not with what I have to do for Rose.

Dr. Moose: Your daughter?

Dr. Pike: No. The woman I named her after. Long, classified story.

Dr. Pike sniffs.

Dr. Pike: How do I stop him from living in my head like this?

Dr. Moose: How do you stop reading a bad book? You put it down.

Addendum: SCP-6406 Neutralization Attempt: Dr. Moose used her influence among higher echelons of the Foundation to petition for Dr. Pike’s release from detention, with the caveat that, should she not successfully neutralize or decommission SCP-6406, she would be relieved of duty and dismissed from the Foundation.

The following events occurred in October of 2021.

SCP-6406 is standing in the middle of its containment cell, unrestrained. Dr. Pike enters, looking directly at SCP-6406.

SCP-6406: Eya, Cass. Not got me tied to a chair this time. So, what’s it gonna be? Gonna try to insult me to death?

Dr. Pike: Honestly? There is no insult worse I can think of than what’s standing before me right now.

SCP-6406: What?

Dr. Pike: You’re not real. You’re some… fucking awful version of a person that I put in my head, an antagonist I made up for myself. But like the saying goes: never meet your villains.

SCP-6406: All right, yeah. I’m fictional. So what? You’re stuck with me. Is this some kind of attempt at an apology? Forgiveness?

Dr. Pike laughs long enough that she struggles to breathe.

Dr. Pike: An apology? Forgiveness? You— the real you abandoned his principles! Made me feel like shit! And got rewarded for it!

SCP-6406: And here comes the hateful remarks. Please, Cassie, never change, we need some people in the world who are constantly spiteful to keep us grounded.

Dr. Pike: I can’t ever forgive Francis. But I’m letting you go, because you aren’t Francis. You’re 6406. You’re a worse version of a bad person that I made up so I could have something to be angry at, because people do need an antagonist.

SCP-6406: Please, keep telling yourself you’re the hero here. You are so demonstrably the bad guy that it isn’t even funny.

Dr. Pike smirks.

Dr. Pike: Antagonist doesn't mean villain. Most of my friends try to stop me from doing stupid shit on a daily basis, and for the most part, it works — they’re antagonists in the sense that I can’t be myself, thanks to them, and that’s a good thing. But honestly? I have to thank this place.

At this point, Dr. Pike appears to stop addressing SCP-6406.

Sloth’s Pit, Wisconsin. This fucking city decided to fuck with me in the worst way imaginable, make me have to deal with a person I despised for years, and now I know why. It’s so I could do this.

SCP-6406: Do what? Attack me? Leave? You know better by now. Do whatever you want and I'll still be there, because you know the truth: you're nothing, and I'm something. That's how it always has been, and always will be. Even your shitty party jokes, I could spin them into millions. And working for the Foundation, too! I outclass you, even here.

Dr. Pike doesn't respond.

SCP-6406: So stop embarrassing yourself and sit down. Back in the chair, where you belong. We've got plenty to talk about.

Dr. Pike turns towards the door.

Dr. Pike: You're not just a fiction. You’re a ghost. And this is an exorcism. You don’t get to live in my head anymore. Goodbye, SCP-6406. I hope the real version of you is a better person than I think they are.

SCP-6406: You can’t get away from me that easy! I’ve lived in your head for over a decade! I’ll claw my way back—

At this point, SCP-6406 abruptly demanifests. Dr. Pike exits the containment cell.

This file is in the process of being revised to classify SCP-6406 to neutralized. Dr. Pike has since been reassigned to Site-6███ in Northern California, alongside her husband and daughter.


Hub

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License