SCP-6400
rating: +378+x

Threat Level: Yellow


Special Containment Procedures: By order of the Site-17 Ethics Committee, Cell 2/23 of Facility-C is to remain empty. SCP-6400 is neither to be obstructed nor penetrated.

Description: SCP-6400 is a circular window, currently located on the North-Western wall of Cell 2/23. It consists of a single circular pane of glass, with no gridding or opening mechanism.

When damaged or obstructed from either end, SCP-6400 will disappear, reappearing in place of a nearby section of wall. The disappearance and subsequent reappearance of SCP-6400 appear to be instantaneous, and the area previously displaced is restored upon migration.

SCP-6400 appears exclusively on exterior walls, with preference for rooms with little to no natural lighting. Offices, dormitories, and containment cells are frequently targeted by SCP-6400, comprising 94% of all manifestations.

Humans and sapient entities within affected rooms are subject to a minor compulsion that semi-frequently directs them to look into SCP-6400. Time exposed to sunlight is negatively correlated with susceptibility to this effect, and those assigned an unrelated task are less susceptible than idle subjects at all levels. Among non-human and D-Class populations, weeping has been frequently observed.


ADDENDUM 6400-A

The following is a photograph of SCP-6400, taken in its current position. Personnel are advised to report any lingering effects to the Department of Psychiatrics.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License