SCP-6397



rating: +20+x
Item#: 6397
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
caution

summer-better-pic.png

SCP-6397 at annual MTF memorial ceremony

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6397 is to be stationed under MTF Kappa-9 "Bad Boys" so long as good behavior is maintained. If SCP-6397 begins to show signs of disloyalty to the Foundation, SCP-6397's service under the Kappa-9 division will be temporarily suspended until a proper evaluation is determined. A tracking device has been implanted into SCP-6397's left ear and is to be replaced if ever broken.

SCP-6397 is to be stationed at Bio-Research Area-12 for one month every year for physical examinations.

SCP-6397 is not to be in the presence of any bird under the Corvus1 family. If an interaction is deemed unavoidable, personnel are to not interfere with SCP-6397 and the animal until the altercation has ceased.

Description: SCP-6397 is a large female Canis lupus familiaris2 of the "golden retriever" breed. SCP-6397 has eight invisible tentacles originating from its body. While invisible to all spectrums of light3, these tentacles persist in casting shadows onto surfaces. These tentacles have a strong connection with the physical plane and are frequently used by SCP-6397 to pick up objects, climb up walls, attack hostile entities, and use tools it otherwise would not be able to with its paws.

SCP-6397's tentacles measure an average length of 1.5 meters and have the strength to lift objects weighing over 150 kilograms. These tentacles have a squishy velvet texture, and the lower half of the tentacles are covered with strong suction cups similar to that of Octopus Vulgaris.4 SCP-6397 has the ability to regenerate its tentacles if said appendage(s) is completely severed from the body. The time it takes for tentacles to regrow ranges anywhere from two weeks to three months, depending on the severity of the injury.

SCP-6397 is strictly carnivorous, refusing to eat any plant-based food. In addition to this, SCP-6397 also refuses to eat any meat of land animals, instead only eating crustaceans, fish, and gastropods.

IMG-4231-1.jpg

SCP-6397 returning from a recon mission into SCP-3560

Discovery: Following ████, rumors circulated around the town of Charleston, Oregon about a supposed "demon hound" stealing large quantities of seafood from local fishing markets. Foundation operatives stationed in the area were sent to investigate the situation. SCP-6397 was found on the beaches of Sunset Bay State Park. It was reported to have been gnawing on a dead crow, and several dead raven carcasses laid on the ground around it, some being held in the air by SCP-6397's tentacles.

Addendum 6397.01: Intelligence:

SCP-6397 has shown intelligence levels far surpassing the average canine, understanding some human languages, and basic mathematics. SCP-6397 had a base understanding of Spanish and English prior to containment. It is unknown how SCP-6397 learned these languages, but it is estimated that it learned by observing humans. This theory has been supported by the fact that SCP-6397's level of English has improved by a substantial margin since initial containment, while SCP-6397's grasp of Spanish hasn't improved.

SCP-6397 can not communicate directly with humans via verbalization5, instead, the only method of communication from SCP-6397 is via writing. Foundation staff has taught SCP-6397 how to use a keyboard and write using pens and pencils6.


Addendum 6397.02: Interview-01:

The following log was transcribed from a conversation between SCP-6397 and Dr. Hathaway. All phrases by SCP-6397 were typed into a keyboard using its tentacles. The keyboard was placed in its containment chamber and displayed on a monitor in the accompanying research lab. The conversation was held in the early weeks of SCP-6397's confinement, with its ability to write limited.


[BEGIN LOG]

Dr. Hathaway: Hello sixty-three ninety-seven, my name's Dr. Hathaway. I've been told you know how to work a keyboard. Can you show me?

SCP-6397 walks over to the western wall of its containment chamber and retrieves the keyboard provided. It then returns to the glass separating it from Dr. Hathaway.

SCP-6397: yes i know how use a keyboard. do u have fish? i hungry

Dr. Hathaway: Yes, in fact, I have some fish right here with me. And no, you can't have it yet sixty-three ninety-seven, only good girls get to have the fish. If you answer some of the questions I have for you, then you great treat.

SCP-6397: more questions? i told u a lot. what more do i have

Dr. Hathaway: Well we are a little confused by some of your statements yesterday. Apparently, you've been telling staff that you're an octopus. Is that right?

SCP-6397: yes that is right. i am octopus. what is confusing about?

Dr. Hathaway laughs lightly.

Dr. Hathaway: Yes well, you are aware that you look like a dog right? We've done a lot of tests on you, are they all show that you are in fact, a dog.

SCP-6397 walks over to a wall in its chamber and begins to float upwards. The keyboard is also raised higher into the air. Shadows of the tentacles originating from SCP-6397 move in a muddled pattern, affixed to the wall. When SCP-6397 stops its ascent, the tentacle shadows appear erect and stable.

SCP-6397: i am a octopus, levi raised i and friends. if i was not a octopus, how is i be do this?

Dr. Hathaway: Hmm, well if you are an octopus like you claim, why is it that you can't breathe underwater? You lost consciousness after being submerged in our tank for only forty seconds.

SCP-6397 whimpers and hangs its head down towards the ground, avoiding eye contact with Dr. Hathaway.

SCP-6397: i know, i am sad about still. i can not breathe again until mission is finish.

Dr. Hathaway: A mission? What do you mean?

SCP-6397 raises its head again to look back at Dr. Hathaway.

SCP-6397: i have to defeat winged menace. my people are count on me to defeat them. if i can't we wont be the next you.

Dr. Hathaway: 'Next you?' What do you mean? You mean me?

SCP-6397: i want my fish please. i hungry and tire.

[END LOG]


SCP-6397 refused to communicate with any Foundation staff members for the remainder of the day. In the morning following said interview, SCP-6397 resumed normal behavior.

A connection between SCP-6397 and SCP-2967 is currently under investigation.


m7vdQOe.png

Mobile Task Force Kappa-9 insignia

Addendum 6397-03: Incorporation in the Kappa-9 Project:

During an assault by the Chaos Insurgency, SCP-6397 managed to breach containment. Despite having a clear opportunity to escape, SCP-6397 aided in evacuating personnel to safe locations and later engaged Insurgents in combat. These actions appear to have been done entirely of SCP-6397's own volition.

Following this, SCP-6397 has undergone several Foundation Loyalty tests and has scored amongst the top 1%. Because of these factors, SCP-6397 has been cleared for its incorporation into the Kappa-9 project.

Mobile Task Force Kappa-9 ("Bad Boys")

Mobile Task Force Kappa-9, otherwise known as "Bad Boys," is an MTF comprised in its entirety of canines. Members of Kappa-9 specialize in reconnaissance and physical combat. Kappa-9 is only to be called in as a last resort, in situations where human intervention is deemed either impossible or likely to negatively impact containment efforts.


Addendum 6397.04: Notable Incident Report:

The following is a catelogue of notable events undertaken by SCP-6397 during its service under MTF Kappa-9.

During an assault, SCP-804 was stolen by the Chaos Insurgency. Kappa-9 was called in to combat the Insurgents and retrieve SCP-804. Said Insurgents made it eight kilometers before succumbing to SCP-804's memetic effects. Using currently unknown anomalous methods, said insurgents managed to alter SCP-804 to make it last longer before breaking. SCP-804 remained in effect for the following ten hours, with its area of effect increasing during this time.

SCP-6397 retrieved SCP-804 during this time, and traveled with it into the ████████ ██████, away from human civilization. SCP-6397 traveled over 30 kilometers through the sub-zero environment before SCP-804 ceased function. Five of its tentacles had to be amputated due to frostbite and the loss of one digit in its front left paw.

The redaction of SCP-804's location is now mandatory to prevent similar incidents from occurring.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License