SCP-6396
rating: +24+x

Item#: 6396
Level3
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
{$secondary-class}
Disruption Class:
ekhi
Risk Class:
danger

Heart6396.jpg

A disembodied instance of SCP-6396.

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation efforts are to focus on disabling or terminating instances of SCP-6396-1 through the use of explosives and incendiary munitions. Isolated SCP-6396 specimens are to be frozen and stored separately in locked, steel-lined coolers. Contact between SCP-6396 and animal cadavers is to be avoided.

Description: SCP-6396 is a species of parasites which resemble desiccated human hearts. When inserted into a recently deceased cadaver, Instances of SCP-6396 meld with the corpse’s cardiovascular system and restore function to the animal. Organisms resuscitated in this way, designated SCP-6396-1, become carnivores which prey upon large game for sustenance.

SCP-6396-1 fuse with the corpses of their prey, gaining mass and growing new limbs. Many SCP-6396-1 grow to weigh several tons and incorporate tissues from many species, including: humans, elk, cattle, and pigs. Instances of SCP-6396-1 are much more flexible and physically capable than their non-anomalous counterparts, have humanlike intelligence,1 and can remain animated even after receiving massive ballistic trauma. In order to neutralise the anomaly, the associated instance of SCP-6396 must be destroyed.

Due to specific properties possessed by SCP-6396, it is likely that the anomaly was artificially developed as a weapon and did not naturally arise out of nature. For example: SCP-6396 is specifically hostile to humans over all other organisms; no method of reproduction has been identified for SCP-6396; and instances of SCP-6396-1 have been sighted where Chaos Insurgency activity has been reported. Notably: The Islamic Union of Eastern Samothrace, also known as IDAS.

Addendum 6396.1: Discovery

Addendum 6396.2: Discovery, Auxiliary Documents

Note: The following data entry is level 4/6396 classified. Appropriate clearance is required to view this entry.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License