SCP-6395


rating: +19+x
Item#: 6395
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
keneq
Risk Class:
caution

Bulgaria-Ardino-01.jpg

Alancakaranlik after the construction of Site-462

Special Containment Procedures: Site-462 has been constructed around the town of Alancakaranlik. All instances of SCP-6395-Beta are allowed to roam within the town and the surrounding farmlands freely. No instance of SCP-6395-Beta is allowed within Site-462 facilities.

A barbed-wire tipped fence has been constructed along the border of the local farmland to contain SCP-6395 from the outside world and let SCP-6395 be aware of its borders.

Containment Update: Following the events of Operation Cocuk Şafak, a three-kilometer Standard Containment Perimeter has been constructed along the borders of the town proper and its local farmland. A total of ten watchtowers have been assembled along the border wall and should be manned at all times to help prevent any attempts at a containment breach.


Description: SCP-6395-Alpha is the designation for an anomalous entity currently inhabiting Alancakaranlik, a town in present-day Turkey. It is believed that Alancakaranlik had been isolated from the rest of the world following the manifestation of SCP-6395-Alpha until its discovery and subsequent containment by the SCP Foundation in 1998. SCP-6395-Alpha is a hivemind-like entity that, as of yet, has not been found to have a central point of origin or physical manifestation. It is only found to be present in the bodies of SCP-6395-Beta instances.

SCP-6395-Beta is the classification given to all of the inhabitants of Alancakaranlik, which was last documented to consist of 784 instances. Each instance of SCP-6395-Beta is genetically human with no physical differences from a baseline human.

Any action made by an SCP-6395-Beta instance had been instructed by SCP-6395-Alpha. Despite each instance of SCP-6395-Beta seeming to have their own personality with unique desires, fears, and speech patterns, it is necessary that all Foundation personnel stationed at Site-462 remember that these behaviors are all performed by SCP-6395-Alpha.

SCP-6395-Alpha finds enjoyment in having the SCP-6395-Beta instances act as if they were unique individuals. SCP-6395-Alpha has claimed that it is trying to create a community within itself stating that it is a "director." For a reason not fully understood, SCP-6395-Alpha does not like to talk to Foundation personnel directly.1

1920px-10_Lira_%28Turkey%29.jpg

A coin used as currency by SCP-6395-Beta instances

Actions that SCP-6395-Alpha performs with instances of SCP-6395-Beta include but are not limited to:

  • Child instances of SCP-6395-Beta attending "school."
  • The use of the Ottoman Lira2 as a form of currency to trade goods amongst itself.
  • Making small talk amongst other instances.
  • Arguments between SCP-6395-Beta instances.
  • Lying to other instances about a topic, and other instances then falling for such fabrication, even though they should be aware that such claims are incorrect since they are incorporated into the SCP-6395-Alpha collective.
  • Instances marrying each other, with the age difference between partners not exceeding two years.3

Before Site-462 was built around Alancakaranlik, the town had been self-sustaining with zero external assistance in trade, electricity, or other social or political factors that a structured town would usually require. The town has a limited electrical grid and little access to modern technology. SCP-6395-Alpha is not allowed access to the internet, computers, television, or phones.



Addendum 2003/12/09: It has been discovered that there is a limit to the amount of control SCP-6395-Alpha has over the SCP-6395-Beta instances.

While SCP-6395-Alpha can control and characterize hundreds of SCP-6395-Beta instances at once, the scope of its precision is limited. When an instance of SCP-6395-Beta is not participating in a task that requires a significant amount of motor function and is not related to social interactions of any kind, the instance will appear to be in a "Lost State." The instance will typically remain stationary, or if it were doing an action, it would continue to do said action indefinitely, appearing not to be aware of its surroundings.

The staff has reported that the eyes of instances in said "Lost States" will move around, seemingly at random.

If any individual approaches the instance and attempts to interact with it, this will cause the effect to stop, and the instances will go back to doing what they were doing prior as if nothing has happened. SCP-6395-Alpha claims to have no recollection of the events. While the frequency of these events is uncommon, research into these "Lost States" is advised.


Addendum 2006-08-09: Due to the increase in the size of Site-462 in recent years, Dr. Nautilus has been tasked with co-leading as department head of Site-462 alongside Dr. Rouland to keep management oversight at a sustainable level.

Message to all Staff Stationed at Site-462

I have no idea what is happening at this site, but changes need to be made immediately. I see countless facts about SCP-6395 that have very little research sunk into it despite the abode of scientific discoveries just waiting to be uncovered beneath its thin surface.

As your new co-manager, I would like to say that scientific discovery is on the horizon. We are going to be doing some real work from here on out. We must do what we can to find out the true extent of this anomaly and its capabilities to better Secure, Contain, and Protect it.

— Dr. Alexander Nautilus


Addendum 2006-09-01: The following documents are in relation to Sensory Test 01-03


Addendum 2006-10-23: The documents regarding Subconscious Tests are only authorized to personnel with Level-3 clearance or above.


Addendum 2006-11-12: Since the manifestation of SCP-6395-Gamma, SCP-6395-Alpha has made several requests to have SCP-6395-Gamma be returned and all requests have been and will continue to be denied. SCP-6395-Alpha has become uncooperative with the Foundation. While it is not directly hostile towards Foundation personnel, SCP-6395-Alpha has attempted to breach containment twice since the manifestation of SCP-6395-Gamma.

A request by Dr. Rouland to sterilize all instances of SCP-6395-Beta is pending.



Access to information regarding Operation Cocuk Şafak is restricted to personnel with Level-3 access or above


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License