SCP-6377
rating: +47+x

NOTICE FROM SITE-301'S DIRECTOR

Morning everyone,
Hope you all are having a great day here at Site-301. Unfortunately, today I have some bad news to share. This month has been tough on the Foundations research budget and thus we don't quite have the money to take risks.

Recently we've been transferred Item: SCP-6377, and I can't provide it to one department so that they might figure it out. Instead I'm giving the money out equally to all the departments at Site-301 in the hopes that at least one of you can create good and coherent documentation on SCP-6377.

Think of this as some kind of… yes a competition! We'll finally know which is the best department! And for a prize you can get, I don't know, a week of paid leave. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Good luck, and may the best department win!

— Dir. Allen

Item #: SCP-6377

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: In theory, SCP-6377 is only sustained through the population continuing to fall asleep. General entity containment is currently impossible to achieve through conventional means, meaning that the elimination of sleep is our only current method of preventing SCP-6377.

While SCP-6377 is omnipresent, civilians primarily attribute SCP-6377 to what can be expected while affected by sleep paralysis, making it functionally an explained anomaly.

Description: SCP-6377 is the manifestation of Boba Bhoot from Bengali mythology. SCP-6377 manifests when an individual assumes the supine position while also entering REM sleep. After a variable amount of time, the subject will become afflicted by sleep paralysis, at which point SCP-6377 will seemingly strangle the subject until paralysis ceases. SCP-6377 has been described as "shrouded in shadow".

Several subjects have described entering this paralytic state, without the presence of SCP-6377, instead they describe distortions in reality forming that of memories or dreams.

Currently SCP-6377 has only been known to affect 0.2% of the populus.


Notes: This is much better, but your containment methods are more of a hypothetical than actual useful containment procedures. I'll see if any one else makes a better document, but this one is a pretty good contender. Good job!

Rate (+17), Discuss (5)


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License