SCP-6357


rating: +145+x
Item#: 6357
Level5
Containment Class:
keter
Secondary Class:
esoteric
Disruption Class:
vlam
Risk Class:
warning

Carcass%20Feeding%20Aftermath

The aftermath of SCP-6357 feeding.

Containment Procedures:
SCP-6357 is contained in a high-strength humanoid containment chamber. The entrance to the containment chamber consists of a BSL-41 hermetically sealed airlock and biological decontamination chamber. Personnel are to inspect the containment chamber regularly for signs of damage or leaks in the airlock seals. SCP-6357 is not allowed direct contact with living organisms.

Standard human meals are to be provided to SCP-6357 four times a day with nutrition supplements prescribed by an on-site nutritionist, however once a week a fresh large animal carcass is to be provided.


Revised Containment Procedures -25/6/2019
SCP-6357 is currently uncontained and its exact location unknown.

Foundation affiliates in the healthcare and biomedical fields are to propagate and later maintain the paradigm that advancements in medical science will lead to the increase of life and health spans, as well as immunity of humanity, in the future. A large-scale disinformation campaign will be carried out to reinforce mainstream awareness of this paradigm.

Field operatives are to investigate incidents of attacks on livestock and witness accounts of SCP-6357 to determine its location. These cases are to be attributed to other causes and footage is to be confiscated or declared as hoaxes, and amnestics provided to the witnesses.

Standard biohazard procedures are to be used when dealing with SCP-6357-1A. Destruction of the material is advised.

If encountered, personnel are ordered to avoid all contact with SCP-6357 and report its location.

The Narendran test will be implemented in the blood test as part of Foundation mandatory pre-employment screening.

Description:
SCP-6357 is a shape-shifting entity consisting of cells similar to normal animal cells, with little to no presence of senescence2; and enhanced regenerative properties. The entity is also immune to all known diseases.

These traits come at the cost of SCP-6357 needing a disproportionately high level of sustenance compared to the size of its form. SCP-6357 can obtain sustenance through the consumption of prepared food, but also has a tendency to hunt and scavenge when food is not available.

SCP-6357 will deviate from its form to become a red mist-like mass to hunt or scavenge. In this form, SCP-6357 can pass through any barrier with openings or pores more than 1μm in diameter.

Once the mass is in contact with the prey, it encompasses the body and strips organic tissue and nutrients from the host leaving behind only a husk of bone and hair. The entity has also been witnessed producing tendrils to aid in the feeding process. This can be done to multiple prey simultaneously. Once sated, SCP-6357 reverts to its original form.

Addendum 1: Discovery
The Foundation had been alerted to anomalous activity in South Asia3 through the Anomalous Signature Recognition Program (A.S.R.P) in 1995. Multiple livestock killings, as well as body-snatching4 incidents in burial grounds and mortuaries throughout the region, were reported. The skeletons and hair were the only remains recovered in all cases.

Witnesses of incidents in rural areas have described a red mist similar to an insect swarm approaching the animals before disappearing from the scene after some time. Based on the widespread yet endemic nature of and the time frame between the cases, the entity appears to live a nomadic lifestyle.

In 2007, reports of anomalous activity in North Korea were brought to the Foundation's attention, providing significant insight into the origin and behavior of SCP-6357. These reports described a large canid creature, dubbed the Hellhound, attacking Korean People's Army troops in forest regions. MTF Eta-3 "Night Phantoms" were deployed in response.

While investigating these reports, Eta-3 narrowed down SCP-6357's location to the forests of North Hamgyong, before it evaded capture. At the scene of their last encounter with SCP-6357, a tattered dog collar was left behind and later identified as one used for Military Working Dogs of the K.P.A.

Later, Eta-6 learned of an ongoing manhunt for two dog handlers who had supposedly deserted. Upon deliberation by MTF headquarters, Eta-3 was ordered to locate these deserters before the North Korean Government could.

On 6/2/2007, the two soldiers were located in a small village and taken into custody. The following is the interrogation of the men at a Foundation safe house:

Interviewed: [Detainee A and B, names withheld]

Interviewer: [Agent Jeon]

Foreword: [The soldiers were escorted to an MTF safehouse. The interview was conducted in Korean, translated for convenience]

<Begin Log>

Detainee A: I would like to say, thank you. May I ask whom do you work for?

Agent Jeon: Doesn't matter. All you have to know is that we will provide you safe passage to South Korea, in exchange for information.

Detainee B: How do we trust you?

Agent Jeon: Well we could easily hand you over to the authorities, but we did not. You are a potential asset for us, so just answer these questions and we will help you seek asylum. Am I clear?

(Detainee B remains silent for a moment before nodding.)

Agent Jeon: Good! Do you know anything about the Hellhound?

Detainee B: Of course! That monster has been killing our men like it's nothing. We make sure we're not in the forest every chance we get.

Agent Jeon: When our team attacked the creature, it dropped this.

(Agent Jeon places an evidence bag with a torn dog collar in it on the table.)

Agent Jeon: Recognise this?

Detainee B: (Examines the collar then turns to Detainee A) Dal?!…It.. no…It makes sense…he…

Agent Jeon: What makes sense?

Detainee A: (Silence, then turns to interviewer) We were dog handlers, along with our colleague. Dal was the name of his dog. One day, Dal started acting weirdly, like he was mad. Lt. Kang, our colleague…he tried to control Dal. Thing is, the dog bit him and ran off. We tried to chase him but he disappeared into the forest.

Agent Jeon: When was this?

Detainee B: Two…three months ago.

Agent Jeon: How are you so sure that it became the Hellhound?

Detainee B: Dal would never turn on his owner, and Kang… he got treatment and seemed fine. Then the three of us went on holiday. We stayed at an inn at Kaesong. That's where the problem started.

Agent Jeon: Problem?

Detainee B: That night, we woke up to some groaning coming from the bathroom. We saw that he was not in his bed.

Detainee A: I thought it was something to do with the dog bite, so we went to check on him. He sounded bad so we tried opening the door. It was locked, so we bashed it down. Then we saw him.

Agent Jeon: Continue.

(The two men exchanged looks and remained silent.)

Agent Jeon: What happened in that bathroom?

Detainee A: He…he was…

Detainee B: He was very…wrong.

Agent Jeon: What do you mean by "very wrong"?

Detainee B: I have seen sick people sir, but not that sick! He was contorted on the floor and had these bumps growing on his chest. And his face was….was…

Agent Jeon: You mean disfigured?

Detainee A: No, Sir. It was not his face! It was like his face was being replaced by another face, growing from one side to the other.

Agent Jeon: Then what happened?

Detainee A: He saw us and jumped out the window. We looked out to see him scramble into the forest. After some time, we reported to our superiors.

Detainee B: Now we are being hunted. That damn dog gave him something! And they know it!

<End Log>

Closing Statement: [The two soldiers were administered Class C amnestics and arrangements were made to send them to Hanawon5.]

Suspecting an infectious agent was at play, the Foundation began to investigate further.

The Foundation would later receive a file from an anonymous source within the KPA. The file contained information detailing a bioweapons development program that took place at an underground research facility at 41.2780° N, 129.0874° E. Among the information was a log intercepted by Bureau 1216 which was sent to an unidentified receiver. It is unknown how the informant came to know about the Foundation.

The events have been classified Incident 6357-1. The following has been translated from Korean.

| 0210200601:26Z
| PRIORITY TRAFFIC
| TO: jinji
| FROM: qilin
| RE: HELP

I hope you receive this. Please read it and do something.

My name is Dr Cho Myong-Nok. I am a researcher at Punggye-ri Biological Research Site. For the past 6 months, we have been researching potential bioweaponry as well as ways to improve the effectiveness and survivability of our soldiers in combat.

The nexus of the experiments was a detainee sent here. We discovered his unprecedented regenerative abilities, as well as the ability to spread out into a swarm of what we found out, were his cells to strip organic matter in seconds. We thought we could use him as an asset. We were stupid.

During one of the procedures, we attempted to extract cells from the subject. Suddenly he began behaving aggressively and assaulted one of the researchers. Previously we've been using toxin sprays to make him submissive in cases like this, to great effect. But that day…it did not work.

In a panic, one of the soldiers fired upon the subject, who attacked him. This made the others open fire causing it to swarm out.

I watched that thing kill everyone in his testing chamber and simply move out the door. We tried to stop it…. believe me we did… but he was uncontrollable, he…he kept re-growing no matter what we did. We were tricked! The toxins only made it angrier.

Wherever the swarm went, it reduced every living thing to bones.

The whole site has been locked down. It has been 2…maybe 3 days. Few survivors along with myself have locked ourselves in the South-West wing. I think we are the only ones left.

We are running on emergency power and rations are low. We are deep underground and the exit is on the other side so I don't think anyone is coming.

I am so sorry for what we have done. I am sorry.

If this message gets intercepted…which it probably will…Comrade please, we need to destroy this thing.

If it escapes, this country and the world will be like those skeletons.

Forgive me.

Realising the threat, government officials elected to destroy the research site with a nuclear device, providing a cover story claiming the detonation was a result of a nuclear weapons test.

The description of the bioweapon's effects coincided with the cases of livestock killings in South Asia and thus was concluded to be related.

It was also noted that the time of Lt. Kang's transformation coincided with the detonation of the bomb, suggesting that the entity had managed to take over the soldier's body, via its cells transmitted from Dal, upon its death; and that the Hellhound was a mutated Dal.

The Hellhound was later successfully terminated by Eta-3 on 12/6/2007. However, the entity, disguised as Lt. Kang, had escaped into South Korea and had become untraceable by the time the MTF landed in North Korea.

Addendum 2: Capture
In 2012, the entity was located in Bangalore, India when local police detained a suspicious man found roaming near a local burial ground. An Inspector recognised the man as a family friend whose body went missing in a case 30 years prior. After a fingerprint check was ordered and confirmed the Inspector’s suspicions, a Foundation mole assigned to the station took notice and reported the incident.

Field agents disguised as Central Bureau of Investigation (C.B.I)7 officers were sent to the station to retrieve the entity.

All those with knowledge of the entity were amnesticised and evidence of its arrest was destroyed. The entity was cooperative while being detained.

SCP-6357 was transferred to Area-12, taking the appearance of the deceased man: a South-Indian male in his mid-twenties, 1.83m in height. The SCP has been observed to be very curious and has a profound interest and understanding of biology.

Interactions between personnel and the entity have generally been affable. However, it tends to become distressed when ignored.

Level 4 researcher, Dr. Harish Narendran was placed in charge of SCP-6357.

Addendum 3: 12/4/2018
Area-12 was the target of a Chaos Insurgency raid. A C.I. sleeper agent within the facility initiated a containment breach.

Post-breach, it was discovered that C.I. had stolen several samples of anomalous diseases and, more alarmingly, that SCP-6357 had been replaced with a decoy.

Security camera footage shows a lone C.I. operative walking towards the Bio-Containment sector. The operative suddenly clutched his head and approximately 10 seconds later became catatonic. The operative then walked to SCP-6357's opened containment unit. There the entity injected him via a bony protrusion from its finger. The operative and SCP-6357 swapped clothing, after which the operative stayed behind while the disguised entity ran off.

As it was making its way through the facility, it encountered on-site security officer, Agent Higgins. He confronted the entity, leading to an altercation where the entity managed to a wound, thus infecting the Agent, and subdue him. It was then seen joining the ranks of the other C.I. strike teams and escaping.

Agent Higgins was subsequently quarantined and all access codes used by him were revoked.

Despite following them, it appears that C.I. does not have the SCP in its possession after the skeletons of multiple C.I. operatives were discovered a few kilometres from the facility.

It is believed that the entity now has information on Foundation procedures and tactics, albeit limited, so its recapture will be a challenge.

Hosts infected with SCP-6357-1A are now classified SCP-6357-1B.

Addendum 4:
Two weeks after the incident, a letter was found in Dr. Narendran's office.

Upon the discovery of this letter, Dr. Narendran was reclassified as Class E.

Addendum 10:
A raid was carried out and the compound was secured, where the stolen samples were discovered and retrieved.

Researcher Dr. Harish Narendran has been reinstated back to Class B.

Addendum 11:
Body snatching incidents in urban areas with the hallmarks of SCP-6357 have ceased.

All RAANDs are to be integrated into other Foundation research projects.

MTF Tau-15 will be utilised to carry out missions involving direct contact with anomalies that can compromise organic matter.



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License