SCP-6341
rating: +55+x
SCP-6341

SCP-6341

Item #: SCP-6341

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:
The surrounding area containing SCP-6341 is to be sealed from all unauthorized access, with a perimeter of no less than 100 meters to be maintained around the primary structure. On-site staff is to maintain constant surveillance of the perimeter and internal structure, with foot patrols no less than twice per day to survey both the inner perimeter and outlying boundary. Any packages found during these patrols are to be reported to secondary staff, which is to be documented and removed at the earliest convenience. Any non-authorized persons entering the perimeter are to be detained immediately upon entering. If any non-authorized persons evade detainment at the perimeter and are discovered entering the primary facility, they are to be detained and held in restrictive quarantine for no less than 48 hours. Those documented to be affected by SCP-6341 are to be transferred for holding and observation. Any on-site staff detected to have been affected by SCP-6341 are to be likewise detained and transferred for holding and observation under the same protocol.

All personnel not designated being assigned to SCP-6341 are prohibited from contact with any display, recordings, or records of their personal information anywhere within, or in the proximity of visual range to SCP-6341. This includes true names, operation designates, addresses, locker assignments, floor assignments, and other designates [SEE FULL LIST – TRADOC 1145c – BANNED ID]. Staff are not to speak this information and must refer to others by assignment number when necessary. Communication should be kept to a minimum to reduce the chance of contamination.

Publication of any personal data of individuals affected by SCP-6341 is considered to be compromised, and thus is strictly prohibited of documentation. No publication or records of SCP-6341 address or location data is allowed without review by INFOSEC and central archives. All items within SCP-6341 are to be recorded and logged. All items recovered from SCP-6341 affected individuals are to be held and investigated after INFOSEC evaluation and stored.

Description:
SCP-6341 is the structure of a large brick building in an isolated area of Western Alberta, Canada. The building shows signs of neglect and abandonment, both inside and out with no indication of residency for several decades. Broken tiles and bricks, missing glass, graffiti, and similar evident signs of vacant structures are common. On the exterior, the area appears to be surrounded by roads and walkways, commonplace to many urban working facilities. Neither the building nor the surrounding grounds have ever been part of any kind of habitation, with the nearest other man-made structure outside Foundation facilities located more than 200 kilometers away. The roads appear to abruptly end at the edge of the clearing, and the surrounding terrain shows no evidence of having been under construction or habitation at any point.

Inside the building, SCP-6341 appears to be the remains of a mail processing facility, with several signs identifying the facility as “Canada and Greater Americas Postal Processing Nexus #343”. No such facility or organization has ever existed, nor have any records been discovered of when the facility was built. The machinery inside, though decayed, shows no evidence of actual use, and rarely appears to be actually connected to the processing of mail and packages. Despite this, there are several boxes, bags, and various containers holding random amounts of mail and packages in varying states. It does not seem to be sorted in any way and is often decayed or damaged as well, most often completely illegible or would crumble upon contact. The signage of the facility is also notable for undergoing random changes. There seems to be no cycle or schedule for this behavior which often results in gibberish or incomprehensible phrases. This extends to any signs or text in physical proximity of the facility when exposed to it for longer than three months. The outer streets, while not subject to the same shifting, are similarly nonsensical, identified by signage as “Lordfrog” and “Deadkat”, respectively.

The central concerns within the bounds of SCP-6341 is related to its effect and interaction with individual personal data, and the mail service. Whether under observation or left unsupervised, mail that is mislabeled, destroyed, or otherwise lost has an uncalculated probability (SEE SCP-6341 STUDY 8 – PROBABILITY AND COMPOSITION) of suddenly appearing inside SCP-6341. This is rarely observed, but has been documented on occasion from eyewitness reports and captured surveillance. The object suddenly appears, often mid-air, and comes to rest under normal gravity from the contents within. Specifically addressing mail to SCP-6341 will result in much higher probability, but will have a similar elevated chance of triggering the secondary anomalous effect. Because of this, information relating to SCP-6341, primarily location data, must be carefully secured. Items of mail addressed to SCP-6341 invariably become lost in transit, even over a space of several meters, but do not then appear within SCP-6341.

These items appear to be totally random, and also do not appear to be solely linked to this dimension’s local time-space. Although letter contents have appeared written in most known languages, many more unidentifiable languages or in various forms of presumed ciphers have also been discovered. Both the materials and inks show similar variety in origin, including several as yet uncatalogued materials. The content of said letters is equally random, sometimes composing total gibberish or crude drawings. They also indicate an extremely vast point of origin, some appearing to predate current human civilization or show no signs of being connected to current civilization at all. Others appear to originate from alternate time streams or dimensional points, however by this very nature are more difficult to prove and are far fewer instances. Packages show identical randomness of form and origin, in addition to size, with the largest parcel found to contain a mint condition 1910 Model T Ford, while the smallest being a 3cm cubed package containing a single grain of sand from Australia. These non-letter packages present a more unpredictable danger, as the contents can sometimes be extremely dangerous, volatile, or aggressive. In addition, the aspect of their arrival can often be a more direct danger, as they have a tendency to appear a distance from the ground, without warning, regardless of dimensions or weight which may lead to such objects hitting, landing on, or even crushing unsuspecting personnel.

The secondary effect of SCP-6341 is reported to be more concerning, and the largest threat to full, effective containment. Individuals who interact with SCP-6341 have the possibility of becoming part of what has come to be referred to as “The Mailing List”. Personal information, such as names, addresses, or other identifying information that is carried in, or spoken aloud inside SCP-6341 increases this possibility with no discernable minimum or maximum limit to when it takes effect. While at this time, this “list” has no physical presence, those compromised under this secondary effect will begin to receive mail and packages in the same way as the SCP-6341 site. Interacting with said mail, even with actions as simple as physical contact, appears to exacerbate the effect.

More and more mail will be delivered at the same time of day, every day. This time appears to be random to each affected individual but is more common in late evenings and very early mornings on business days similar to that of standard postal arrival. Reading, and especially replying to this mail seems to especially amplify the intensity and frequency of the effect. This mail will be delivered regardless of location and does not appear to be impeded by any current documented location or condition. Should the affected subject die, mail will continue to be delivered to the last point of delivery for several weeks to months.

Owing to the at times dangerous, and sometimes anomalous nature of the mail's contents in addition to its anomalous arrival, those under the SCP-6341 secondary effect represent an ongoing threat to containment and operations protocol. Even when contained within a solitary environment, the simple volume of mail can represent a significant hazard, with three documented cases of subjects being crushed under the volume or dimensions of materials. The nature and information of said materials may also present an ongoing security breach, capable of spreading the secondary effect to unaffected parties who make contact with said materials. The secondary effect is difficult to remove, requiring up to one year of almost total isolation from the perimeter of SCP-6341 and non-interaction with materials of any nature that could be used to create packages, mail, or any form of postal signage. In addition, SCP-6341 will continue to randomly be delivered several times a year to previously affected subjects for the remainder of their lives, which can then potentially trigger the effect to begin again.

In addition, various information collected during observation and indexing appears to show that SCP-6341 may not be the only site of its kind. It is unclear if this is related to dimensional time-space, however, it is not impossible that other instances of SCP-6341 exist worldwide. There is not as of yet direct evidence of this, but investigations are ongoing.

ADDENDUM:

RECOVERED ITEMS – SWEEP 1 – ██/██/████

Letter - Addressed to one “Margaret Mattis”, sender designated under the initials of “L.M”. Personal, asks of Margaret's health and recent moving. Comments on local weather and sports. Mentioned cities and teams match no known current or historical names.

Letter – Presumed tax forms, no identified sender or receiver. Match no known government tax information, all written in red crayon and illegible.

Letter – Four pages of insults, death threats, and similar remarks, addressed to “You Fat Fuck At The Capital”, sender designated to be “Fuck Your Mother”. Contents are somewhat damaged with what appear to be burn marks.

Letter – Three-page outline of a proposed script for the American sitcom “Married, With Children”. No identified receiver, sender identified as “Big Bobby”. This version appears to include a third child of the Bundy's, named “Rose”, who is three years old and likes fire. No episode of this type was ever produced.

Package – Flat brown paper package, wrapped in twine, 1m by 2m. Contents appear to be a canvas and frame like of those used for oil paintings. Surface contains part of a sketch, detailing the head and shoulders of a figure. Canvas appears to have been stabbed and slashed several times.

Letter – [DATA EXPUNGED] (Contents secured by Central Archives) Staff rotated, personnel who had been tasked with retrieval put on leave for evaluation.

Package – Heavily taped 2m by 2m cube. Opening package appeared to release a unknown, florescent purple gas. Site was evacuated and placed on immediate lock down. Investigation revealed no known effects, beyond a penetrative “wood varnish” smell, and discoloration of contact areas. Investigation is ongoing.

Letter – No observed sender or receiver, envelope noticeably discolored. Contents found to be fecal matter and two dozen disposable razor blades. Fecal matter matches no known living organism or life form.

Letter – Receiver one “Dorothy”, sender identified as “Me”. Contents appear to be very thin papyrus, with “I'm sorry” repeatedly written on both sides.

Letter – No known sender or receiver. A half-page of cuneiform script, apparently written by typewriter. Text appears to be a rejection letter for a story titled “The lost ways”.

Package – Unknown, materials indicate cardboard. Found shredded and spread over large area, with several samples of unknown fur. Site locked down, investigations ongoing but currently unable to determine what contents had been inside.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License