SCP-6305


rating: +55+x

By Marcelles D. Raynes

Link To Guide
Item#:6305
Clearance Level 1: Clearance
Containment Class: safe
safe-icon.svg
Secondary Class: {$secondary-class}
{$secondary-icon}
Disruption Class: #/vlam
vlam-icon.svg
Risk Class: #/notice
notice-icon.svg

Special Containment Procedures

Washington Middle School has been condemned.

A 16-meter exclusion zone has been established surrounding SCP-6305's manifestation coordinates. Foundation agents under the guise of FBI agents are to patrol the interior of Washington Middle School in Rutherford, New Jersey, and document any additions to SCP-6305's current series of events. The agents are to persuade or force local individuals curious about their activities away from the containment site. Amnestic treatment is to be administered as one sees fit. The local newspaper, radio stations, and media outlets are to be heavily censored. The population of Rutherford is to be disseminated Cover Story 24 ("Murder Investigation") through local influential figures.

The presence of one Foundation staff member is required within the gymnasium per testing cycle. Failure to adhere to this procedure will result in the degradation of the consciousness of the assigned research staff and its gradual replacement with that of Aaron Fisher. This containment protocol does not apply to other rooms within Washington Middle School.

Should an individual entering Washington Middle School experience mild to severe hallucinations not from the perspective of Aaron Fisher, the afflicted are to be considered lost. Attempts to recover their remains from within the walls may result in loss of limbs or digits.

Foundation agents are to be replaced rotated on a bi-weekly schedule or as needed. Auditory hallucinations that occur during this period should be ignored.

Description


SCP-6305 is a series of spectral manifestations that have been occurring at Washington Middle School since the summer of 2012. These phenomena are confirmed to be related to the death of former student Aaron Fisher, who was nine years old at the time of his passing. SCP-6305 is not sapient, but exhibits mild sentience, demonstrating curiosity in the activities of Foundation staff and appropriate reactions to fear-inducing stimuli. It is important to note that SCP-6305 does not exhibit any human emotions. Cries for help and respite from its current situation are auditory hallucinations.

Following inhabitation, Washington Middle School began demonstrating several anomalous qualities, which have been redacted per Overseer Order. These anomalous attributes are no longer relevant, as the individuals involved in the Incident have been laid to rest according to official Foundation occult practices.

Exploration.01

The following is an exploration log edited together from footage collected by the surviving member of the ICT1.

DATE: 1 April 2022

TIME: 23:26

LOCATION: Washington Middle School

<Begin Log>

Footage begins with the ICT approaching Washington Middle School. The families that live on the surrounding block have been removed and amnesticized. Civilian vehicles have been removed. ██████ has been removed. Foundation Mobile Containment Units are parked alongside the entrance to Washington Middle School, and several members of the ICT disperse to establish a perimeter along the school's border. A squadron of five ICT members approaches the entrance to Washington Middle School equipped with spectral deflectors and wreaths made of woven sage upon their heads.

ICT members Leah Freeman, Deann Hedge, and Harmonie Brown, enter through the school's main entrance. Freeman takes point, spraying the hallways with infused warding salts. The wooden floor is severely withered and shows evidence of mold consumption. The paint on the walls has eroded, revealing dilapidated concrete underneath. Fluorescent lights are suspended from the ceiling via cables, which Freeman has to move in order to avoid collision with them. Additionally, the windows on all of the doors have been shattered.

Freeman leads her team to the principal's office, spraying the warding salts along the room's perimeter upon entry. The principal's desk is overturned with its contents spilled on the floor. Two partially decomposed skeletons can be observed in the corner in a position suggesting an embrace. The angle of both necks suggests the cause of death was a compressed carotid artery in both subjects. Above the bodies is a phrase written in an unknown substance that reads: the liars.

A crashing noise is heard from outside of the office, drawing the attention of the team.

Hedge: Sounded like metal on metal.

Freeman: Probably a wandering spirit knocking into a locker or something.

Hedge: That'd didn't sound like any locker I've heard before, chief.

Hedge exits, followed by the others. They progress down the corridor leading past the library. The air gradually becomes more clouded as they continue. As noted by occasional fits of coughing from the team members, the air quality worsens significantly. After ten seconds of walking, however, the path becomes obstructed by an unseen force, halting progress at the entrance to the school library.

Freeman activates her flashlight at this point and points it in the direction of the obstruction. Just ahead is a mass of tangled rope, woven in a way similar to that of a spider's web. Ensnared on the web is a cadaver, an adolescent female with her lips missing. Wounds on the surrounding dermal tissue would suggest they were bitten or torn off.

An insectoid-like limb extends from between ceiling panels and removes two of them. From the opening, a tendril-like appendage with a human face descends along the web. It maneuvers to the cadaver while making clicking noises with its mouth. While Freeman tracks the entity with her flashlight, it does not take notice of the team. The tendril converges on the cadaver and begins to consume the flesh around the mouth region. The cadaver's left-hand spasms upward in response to this, however, it is unclear if this is a conscious movement or an unconscious physiological response.

Brown gasps as a loud cracking sound is heard coming from the cadaver. The tendril ceases its activity and appears to acknowledge Brown. The appendage emits a shriek that temporarily disables the audio feed and causes the team to recoil. It ascends through the ceiling panel, and the cadaver becomes dislodged from the webbing. Its head is disconnected from its body at the neck. After several seconds the cadaver begins to spasm, and tearing sounds can be heard as a swarm of Latrodectus mactans2 emerge from a gap in the neck. The spiders scatter into cracks in the floor and walls until all have dispersed.

Brown: Christ.

Freeman leads the team in the opposite direction, taking two additional corridors with minimal anomalous activity demonstrated by the school. As they turn down the third corridor, which according to school blueprints leads to the nurse's office, a red slurry can be seen coating the floors and walls. Mixed into the substance appear to be numerous clusters of unhatched spider eggs and several human mouths. Large portions of severed limbs are floating on an anomalously generated current toward the gymnasium.

Within the walls, the faces of ██████ ████, █████ ██████, █████ ████, and other Washington School teachers can be identified. Their expressions suggest extreme agony, confusion, and dismay, however, due to their lack of sapience this cannot be confirmed. Brown sprays warding salts on the faces, causing them to contort until they express agitation. The eyes of the faces roll backward until only the sclera can be seen. The bones within the jaw break and reform rapidly to allow for extension beyond that of human limitation.

Brown: Oh my god.

Freeman: Calm down, Harm. Calm d–

<End Log>


Despite Foundation paramedical efforts, the faces of Brown, Hedge, and Freeman could not be recovered from within the walls of Washington Middle School. Deann Hedge, who survived through currently unknown methods, was taken to Site-83 to give her account of the events discovered in the initial exploration log and verify recovered footage.

Interview: Deann Hedge

Interviewer: Senior Researcher Amir Nassar

Interviewed: Deann Hedge

Foreward: Interview was conducted following extensive psychological evaluation to ensure that Hedge was of sound mind. Facial recognition software was successfully able to confirm Hedge's identity, however, an automatic facial scanner was installed within the interview chamber to ensure the safety of both individuals.

<Begin Log>

Nassar: Welcome back to Site-83 Mrs. Hedge. How's your recovery progressing?

Hedge: Um, well, I think. I've been in hot spots before but I never came that close to… actually dying. Haha…

Nassar: You know, I went to Washington Middle School myself when I was a kid. This is… weirdly nostalgic for me.

Hedge: Yeah…

Facial Identification Scan Status: Positive | Interview may proceed as scheduled.


Hedge: What's that?

Nassar: Facial I.D. software. For safety, of course. You were in contact with some really strange stuff, Dee, and we just want to make sure you're alright.

Hedge: Oh… okay.

Nassar: Are you ready to continue?

Hedge nods.

Nassar: I know this might be a sensitive issue for you, but would you be able to explain how you managed to survive the events that resulted in the deaths of Leah Freeman and Harmonie Brown to the best of your ability?

Hedge: Well I… got lucky.

Nassar: Lucky? Can you elaborate a little more, for the record?

Hedge: I– (She sighs.) I made eye contact with that thing in there. I could see its– his–pain. Those poor kids… They didn't do anything wrong but that's… that's not what he felt.

Nassar: By "he" are you referencing the anomalous arachnoid entity Leah Freeman spotted near the beginning of your containment procedures?

Hedge: Aaron, yes. That's his name. Please use his name.

Nassar: Tell me more about your observations of the… Aaron?

Hedge: What more is there to tell? I saw his face, and the face of his classmates, his teachers, and everyone else who wasn't there for him. They were writhing in agony, lips torn from their mouths, spiders pouring out of their noses and eyes. They got what they deserved. I am certain of that.

Facial Identification Scan Status: Positive | Interview may proceed as scheduled.

Nassar: You seem rather strong in your conviction, Deann. What makes you so sure that these innocent people met some kind of divine justice through SCP-6305?

Hedge: Innocent? (She laughs) If you had seen what they had done to me– to Aaron– you wouldn't be so quick to take their side. I can still hear them, whispering in the hallways, behind closed doors, around the corners, places where they think I can't hear them. I know they're talking at me. Laughing at me. They can pretend all they want, but they can't fool me.

Nassar: Are you suggesting that Aaron Fisher was experiencing paranoia prior to his conversion into a spectral entity?

Hedge: Paranoid? No. That's… that's a cruel word, Amir.

Nassar: It's the most accurate phrase I could think of. My apologies if I've offended you in any way.

Hedge: It's really not okay.

Facial Identification Scan Status: Subject undetected in database. | Interviewer may proceed with caution.

Nassar: Can you recite your Foundation identification number for me?

Hedge: Yeah, why?

Nassar: Humor me.

Hedge: 8673-4425-91.

Nassar: Strange. The software must be malfunctioning.

Hedge: Did you think I was compromised?

Nassar: No, I just wanted–

Hedge: Are you calling me a liar, Amir?

Facial Identification Scan Status: Subject unknown. | Interviewer must seek shelter.

Nassar: Security!

Nassar activates the emergency button underneath the desk, however, the doors do not open. Armed security personnel on the other side are unable to open the door to the interview chamber.

Hedge: You're just like the rest of them. I can't trust anyone. I can't trust anyone. I can–

Hedge's neck abruptly rotates ninety degrees horizontally. It is evident that bones have shattered based on the numerous cracking sounds heard at this juncture. Nassar retreats to the door and attempts to pry it open in conjunction with the armed security personnel.

A rope descends from an unseen point in the ceiling, coiling around itself until it resembles a hangman's noose. The noose wraps around Hedge's neck and pulls upward. Hedge remains suspended approximately two meters off the ground.

Hedge: You can't help them now, can you?

Facial Identification Scan Status: Subject unknown. | Interviewer must seek shelter.

Hedge: It's too late.

The dermal tissue around Hedge's lips begins to slough off. Her eyes gloss over and roll into the back of her head, exposing the sclera. Her jaw contorts, snapping bone structure until it extends past her knees. While her lips no longer move, she is still capable of speech. How this occurs is unknown. Nassar's screams are barely audible as Hedge's voice overpowers the microphone.

Facial Identification Scan Status: Subject unknown. | Interviewer must seek protection.

Hedge: Don't you remember the play? Remember how they made fun of me? How they kept talking about me behind my back?

Facial Identification Scan Status: Subject unknown. | Interviewer abandon hope.

Hedge: I hate you.

<Afterword:> The security team was able to acquire a Foundation grade welder and cut open the door to the interview chamber. They found Nassar in the corner opposite Hedge, covered in a mixture of sweat and urine. After cutting Hedge down, Nassar requested to be transferred to another project. However, due to his familiarity with SCP-6305, Washington Middle School, and possibly Aaron Fisher, this request was denied.

<End Log>


Documented Phenomena


The following is a categorized list of documented phenomena that occur in Washington Middle School. Observations were done every day over the course of two months in order to identify reoccurring anomalous activity and distinguish them from unique events. Testing was remotely overseen by Amir Nassar, who was able to return power to a few functioning cameras. D-1623 was the primary candidate for the tests, as she had shown co-operation with Foundation experiments in the past. She was equipped with a 9mm pistol and rubber bullets to deter physical threats, warding salts to deter spectral ones, and a long-range microphone for communication.

LOC: SCIENCE ROOM

TIME: 09:15

<Begin Log>
Camera activates, showing the science room. Several destroyed Erlenmeyer flasks containing traces of unknown chemical compositions. D-1623 enters, spreading warding salts in front of her as she progresses.

D-6123: Wow. Place has really gone to shit since you graduated, huh?

Nassar: We can talk about that when you get back to base.

D-1623: Geeze, okay. Sorry man, I'm just. I mean look at this shit. What is this?

D-1623 holds up a tray, on it is a partially dissected organism. As the majority of the organism's mass has been removed, it vaguely resembles an amphibian. The interior of the carcass is filled with rope.

Nassar: Nothing important. You're in their science lab, after all. You can expect to see some dissections among the rubble.

D-1623 places the tray beside an overturned and rusted chair before continuing to explore the room. Apparitions of school children begin to appear, taking their places at the desks. The apparition of a teacher manifests behind D-1623, causing her to startle momentarily. She regains her composure quickly however and moves to the back of the classroom.

Nassar: What are you doing?

D-1623: Didn't want to interfere with the uh… I'm guessing these are memories?

Nassar: Proceed.

The entities continue to manifest until there are 25 of them total; 24 adolescents and 1 adult. Facial identification proves inconclusive for all but one of the apparitions, that being Aaron Fisher. Fisher can be seen crouching behind a textbook in the back of the classroom, near D-1623. He is wearing a hood over his head, and his body language suggests attempted avoidance of being observed.

The teacher points at Fisher, who appears to correctly answer the question being asked. He walks to the front of the classroom and presents a dissected amphibian on a tray before placing it on a nearby desk. The other students turn around to look at him, causing apparent discomfort in Fisher. The apparitions then dissipate.

D-1623: Poor kid. Must have hated having a million eyes on him.

Nassar: What makes you say that?

D-1623: Well I mean, just look at his body language! Hiding behind his books, walking with his hood up. He probably felt alone here, I'm willing to bet.

Nassar: Are you an expert on human psychology?

D-1623: No, man, I just remember what it was like to be a kid. Lotta pressure to fit in, ya know? And when you don't do that well, then…

Nassar: Is there anything else you can see happening in that room?

D-1623: Nah. There's rope everywhere now though. Wasn't there a second ago. There's um… a couple nooses under the desks now too. Jesus.

Nassar: Proceed with caution.

D-1623: I'll do my best, chief.

<End Log>

LOC: LIBRARY

TIME: 12:45

<Begin Log>

Camera activates, showing the library. While the majority of the books have been knocked off the shelves, the shelves themself have remained relatively unaffected. Several cobwebs comprised of various-sized ropes can be seen in between the shelves, conjoining them. Traversing along the rope, small arachnoid entities can be observed, notably missing faces. As D-1623 enters through the north-facing doorway, the arachnoid entities flee and take shelter within the bookcases, cracks in the flooring, and the ceiling.

D-1623: Geeezus.

Nassar: Please continue to spread the warding salts at your discretion.

D-1623: Sure, chief. But good lord, you actually taught here? It wasn't always this shitty, was it?

Nassar: No, it most certainly wasn't.

D-1623: J.K. Rowling, Ayn Rand, Mary Pope Osborne? Absolutely zero quality control.

Nassar: Oh.

D-1623: I'm just messing with you, man, but holy shit. This place is just… I can feel something here. More than just the anomalous shit that you can pick up on the cameras. It's like there's this sense of grief that's palatable in the air. Kind of like walking through a graveyard to see someone you care about.

Apparitions manifest, startling D-1623 momentarily. The apparitions take the form of Washington Middle School students, Julia Nowinsky, Regan Torrens, and Aaron Fisher. Nowinsky and Torrens are sitting at a table near Fisher, but whether they are studying or reading for leisure is unclear. Seconds pass and Torrens begins to flick paper triangles at Nowinsky, much to her apparent chagrin. Her apparition can be seen blushing, playfully trying to get Torrens to cease. They laugh.

Fisher acknowledges the two students and a look suggesting concern forms on his face. He is reading a novel, although the title appears smudged and illegible. He slams the book down in apparent frustration. Fisher rises and walks to Nowinsky and Torrens, who stop their conversation to talk to him.

While Torrens appears to remain neutral with Fisher, Fisher's body language suggests he is expressing severe anger. Nowinsky appears visibly confused, and Torrens pulls out a chair, presumably for Fisher to sit in. Fisher, however, does not take a seat and instead walks to another part of the library in emotional distress. D-1623 follows him at this point, as Nowinksy and Torrens fade from view.

D-1623 encounters Fisher in a corner huddled in a fetal position with his head in his hands. A spider descends from the ceiling and lands on Fisher's shoulder. Fisher allows the arachnid to crawl into his hand, and he strokes its abdomen. He begins smiling before noticing someone behind D-1623 who is not visible. Fisher turns away from the individual, obscuring his face. His body language suggests continued crying.

D-1623: Poor kid.

<End Log>

LOC: GYMNASIUM

TIME: 13:30

<Begin Log>
Camera activates, however, the video transmission is cut off before any meaningful data can be received. Audio is still functional. D-1623 is heard entering.

D-1623: The uh, doors there were kind of hard to open. I'm guessing that's on account of whatever the fuck this shit is on the floor.

Nassar: The camera in that room isn't functioning. Can you describe what you're seeing?

D-1623: Uh, yeah sure. So that shit on the floor? It's like, real fuckin' sticky. Kind of like stepping in honey almost. Kind of reeks in here too. Like rotten fruit and acetone.

Nassar: Do you see any anomalous activity?

D-1623: Not yet, just a lot of that brown stuff and like, destroyed floorboards, shattered light fixtures, real post-apocalypse shit you know? There were ghosts too, like in the other rooms. Putting on some kind of talent show? Didn't see Fisher though, and when the ghosts opened the curtains, they screamed and went away. The curtains on the stage are closed now though, lots of dried blood up there too. There's these blue doors next to it that are also closed. Lights are on in there though.

Nassar: That's the storage room. Can you navigate over there and investigate?

D-1623: Sure, give me a second.

Several seconds pass in near-silence. The only sounds audible are the squelching noise of D-1623's boots as she progresses through the previously described substance and a low humming noise that gradually increases in volume.

D-1623: You hear that?

Nassar: I do. It's likely a result of the microphone picking up some low-frequency tones. Likely from an amplifier on-stage.

D-1623: Amps can do that?

Nassar: Please tell me what you see in the storage room.

D-1623: …alright. The door's pretty banged up, like there's scratches on the outside and handprints on the inside. The glass on the door is busted and the wood around it is… uh… stretched?

Nassar: "Stretched"?

D-1623: Yeah, like, like something way too big and round tried to force its way into the room and stretched the wood outward.

Nassar: What about the inside?

D-1623: Yeah it's um… holy fuck are those bodies?

Nassar: Please describe what you're seeing.

D-1623: Just… corpses man. All decomposed with holes in them and like, silk. A lot of them have these giants holes in their stomachs. Like something like, I dunno, came out of them? And uh, oh, there's a journal here.

Nassar: Place the journal in a biohazard security bag for retrieval.

D-1623: Will do.

A sound similar to skittering is heard, presumably from outside of the storage room. D-1623 inhales sharply. She knocks something metallic over, resulting in several loud crashes and wet, squelching sounds being created near her.

D-1623: Fuck was that?

Nassar: Remain calm. Find a secure location to hide and observe your surroundings. Don't continue if it's not safe.

D-1623: (Whispering) I'm hiding in the fucking sports equipment.

Nassar: Can you describe the entity that you're hiding from?

D-1623: Aaron Fisher.

Wooden creaking is heard. Loud footsteps become audible. Clicking noises can be heard, along with D-1623's accelerated breath. Sniffing can be heard, followed shortly by the sound of metal scraping against the floor. D-1623 abruptly stops breathing, presumably holding her breath.

Fisher: Stop laughing at me.

Tearing metal can be heard. Shots are fired. D-1623 screams. Footage ends.

<End Log>

Recovered Diary


During observation of the gymnasium phenomena, D-1623 was able to recover a diary written by Aaron Fisher prior to losing contact with Researcher Nassar. The diary was transported from the gymnasium to Site-83 for analysis, where it was discovered the pages were comprised of human skin, bound by arachnoid silk. The entries written therein have been uploaded and attached to this document following cognitohazardous screening.

My therapist says I should keep a diary of what I'm thinking during the day. I don't see how that'll help, these people are still going to talk about me behind my back. I caught Ryan and Julia laughing at something in the library but they got real quiet when I walked over. They're talking about me, probably about my really lanky arms and my stupid giant head. They're just too scared to admit it.

How am I supposed to believe that anyone here really wants to be my friend when they're clearly lying straight to my face? How am I supposed to trust when no trust is being given to me? It's just… really hypocritical. I don't like it, and I don't think I can do anything about it. Not yet anyway.

Mrs. DeLorenzo taught us about "symbiosis" today. Apparently, there's loads of animals and plants that help each other out in the wild. Helps them like, live better I guess. Like how there's birds that get to eat for free because they pick uneaten food out of a crocodile's teeth. The crocodile gets a clean mouth, and the bird gets a free snack. Everyone's happy.

I wonder if symbiosis works with people too?

We had a second teacher with us today, a helper for Mrs. D.

Mr. Nassar! What a weird guy. He was pretty funny though. Talked a lot about science and stuff. We even did an experiment and dissected frogs in the science room with him today. It was a lot of fun for the most part, except for whenever he called on me and made me walk to the front of the class. I hated that part. I hate when everyone's eyes are on me. Like I'm some kind of mistake, or a freak or something. I know that's what they're saying about me, just no one will say it straight to my face.

There's a play coming up. I talked to Mrs. DeLorenzo and my therapist about auditioning. Maybe people will like me more if I'm a good actor.

I got a part! Not just any part, but a supporting lead! I'm really excited, maybe I'll finally get people to like me.

I found a spider in my costume yesterday at rehearsal though. I mean, I'm not that surprised because they keep the costumes in the room next to the stage, and no one's really been in there for a long time. Lots of cobwebs and stuff, ya know? Creepy thing must have found its way into my jacket sleeve overnight. Freaked me out at first but… I killed it.

I heard some of the other kids laughing at me when I screamed. I tried to catch a look at them but they walked away really fast before I could come out of that storage room. I think I saw Julia and Ryan? Maybe some others? I don't know.

I'm not sure what I'm nervous about. This is probably just something friends do, right?

I keep finding spiders at rehearsal now. On the stage where I'm supposed to give my monologues, in my costumes, even in my lunch box sometimes. I hate them. I can hear stupid Torrens and his friends laughing at me whenever I get scared by one. And I know they're laughing at me because they get real quiet when I questioned them about it. Torrens said he didn't know anything about the spiders. I don't believe him. I know it's him that's doing this, or one of his smooth-brain friends. It has to be.

Why are they still doing this to me? I thought that if I joined the play then maybe I'd become cool. If I was cool everyone would stop talking about me behind my back. If I was cool everyone would want to be my friend. If I was cool, maybe I wouldn't feel like this on the inside.

I'll show them though.


Exploration.02


Researcher Nassar was ordered by O5 Command in order to investigate the gymnasium personally, under the hypothesis that his familiarity with the school allow him to establish a unique perspective on the anomaly. He was equipped with talismans infused with infernal thaumaturgy in the event the anomaly proved especially difficult to contain, and a sanitation crew was kept on standby at the perimeter of Washington Middle School in the event Nassar's cadaver necessitated retrieval.

<Begin Log>

Nassar enters the gymnasium, holding a talisman in front of him. The stage curtains have parted slightly, allowing him to view the inside. On stage, hung by the neck from the rafters, is the body of an adolescent male. Facial identification confirms that this is the body of Aaron Fisher.

Nassar: Jesus Aaron… Someone should have done something. I should have done something. I'm so sorry.

Off-camera, noise can be heard. Nassar turns, jumping off-stage and proceeding to the center of the gymnasium. Several nooses comprised of rope descend from the ceiling and tighten around Nassar's arms and legs, hoisting him upward.

An arachnoid entity emerges from beneath the floor. The entity is large, approximately 4 meters in width and 10 meters in length. At the back of its abdomen, a long appendage comprised of seared flesh can be observed. The flesh here is segmented, visually resembling that of a common earthworm. In each segment, several human faces can be seen including Leah Freeman, Deann Hedge, Alan Brown, and D-1623. All faces present appear at rest, as their eyes are closed. The creature's head is also human in appearance. The face appears disheveled and gaunt. The eyes have sunken in and cheekbones are visible, suggesting malnutrition. From its neck, a noose can be seen, although the rope is severed. Facial identification software identified this face as Aaron Fisher.

Nassar: A-Aaron?

Fisher: You? I remember you. You were one of the teacher's helpers I think. Mrs. DeLorenzo… wait, Mr. Nassar?

Nassar: It's me. I graduated a long time before you even started first grade. Mrs. DeLorenzo was my teacher too, a long time ago.

Fisher: She was?

Nassar: Yeah, she was. She was the best. I guess that's part of the reason why I decided to go back to Washington School when I was working on my degree.

The entity maneuvers around Nassar's body, encircling him. Nassar flinches.

Fisher: Can I tell you something?

Nassar: Of course.

Fisher: I hate them. I've always hated them. Ever since they started laughing at me behind my back, and especially since that stupid prank on me at rehearsal. I showed them though. I got to hear them all get scared and attacked and dead and… and…

Silence.

Fisher: Look at me! Open your eyes and look at me!

Hesitantly, Nassar opens his eyes. The entity has assumed a near-vertical upright position with every extremity on its segments fully extended, suggesting aggression. The entity does not engage in hostilities with Nassar however and instead extends the flesh of its neck approximately four meters until its eyes are level with Nassar's. Nassar does not move. The entity's face suggests anger, and the faces along its abdominal region contort into perceived agitated expressions as well. The entity maintains this pose for approximately 10 seconds before shifting.

The faces on the abdominal region alter their expressions, now resembling that of melancholy. The entity lowers to the ground, unmoving, and Nassar walks to its head. The creature can be seen crying.

Fisher: Why does everyone hate me?

Nassar sits down beside the entity's head.

Nassar: I don't hate you, and neither did they. You just… had a lot of strong emotions. A lot of feelings. Everyone has those, Aaron. Nobody hates you.

Fisher: I just wanted them to feel what I felt. They didn't know what it was like to feel empty on the inside. They had no idea what I was going through, but they do now.

Nassar: Yeah, yeah they do, Aaron.

Fisher: I just… I'm not sorry. They did it to themselves!

Nassar: It's okay, Aaron.

The entity retreats from Nassar. Two of its limbs grab the sides of its "primary" face, as if in extreme pain. The entity proceeds to writhe on the ground for several seconds, occasionally emitting sounds that suggest it is crying. The faces along the entity's back begin releasing streams of a water-like substance from their eyes as they continue to mimic the sound the "primary" face is making.

Fisher: It's not my fault. It's not my fault!

Nassar: (Shouting) I know!

The entity ceases thrashing on the floor abruptly and stares at Nassar. Its eyes are bloodshot, and it is making a facial expression reminiscent of grief.

Fisher: What?

Nassar: (Softly) I know it wasn't your fault, Aaron. You just did what you felt was best at the time. You're allowed to feel that way, to act out if you want to, but there are other methods we can use to help you feel better.

Fisher: No, there's nothing else you can do, Mr. Nassar. Not then, not now, not ever.

Nassar points to the cadaver hung from the stage.

Nassar: There is something I can do for you.

The entity looks at the cadaver and sniffles. It then looks back to Nassar, facial expressions mimicking concern or confusion.

Fisher: I don't…

Nassar: It's okay. Trust me, I'll take care of you now. I wasn't there for you before but… I can be there for you now.

Fisher: Are you mad?

Nassar: Not at all. I promise.

<End Log>


Following this exploration, the body of Aaron Fisher was removed from the rafters and cremated. The ashes were spread in the meadowlands, located in a nearby area. All anomalous activity within Washington Middle School has ceased at the time of writing. Efforts to rebuild the school are currently underway.
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License