SCP-6291
Item#: 6291
Level3
Containment Class:
neutralized
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
none
Risk Class:
none

SCP-XXXX

SCP-6291 Prior to containment.

Special Containment Procedures: Following incident SCP-6291-CC, SCP-6291 has been neutralized, and Area-122 has been destroyed. Damage caused to nearby cities is to be covered up, and anyone in those areas is to be amnesticized. Discussion revolving around red velvet within these cities is strictly prohibited.

Description: SCP-6291 is a hardcover copy of The Red Velvet Lover’s Cookbook, written by Deborah Harroun. It is near identical to a non-anomalous copy, with the exception of it missing the index and acknowledgment pages.

Its anomalous properties manifest upon reaching page 122, which is the last non-anomalous recipe in the book, and turning the page. When this occurs, a recipe not in the original book will be present. Pages can continuously be turned, giving an infinite amount of different red velvet themed recipes. The latest page the book has been turned to is page 629 currently unknown following incident SCP-6291-X; however, it is predicted to be in the range of 1,450 and 1,550. These recipes range from deserts, such as angel food cake, to entrees, such as red velvet marinated steak. Closing the book will reset the page count.

At times, recipes for creating SCP-6291-1 instances appear. SCP-6291-1 instances are sapient entities that are created when following the recipe that SCP-6291 presents by SCP-6291. These entities are made entirely of red velvet cake, white chocolate, and cream cheese frosting, along with a random quantity of other abnormal, or otherwise anomalous ingredients. The entities range from friendly to incredibly hostile, and it has been noted that, in most cases, the later the page number, the more hostile the entity. The entities, while usually frail, show great quantities of strength and agility, which has lead to 2 containment breaches. Consumption of the entities' mass has been proven safe. The rate of these recipes materializing is inconsistent.

Some instances created include:

  • A Lycalopex culpaeus1 with approximately 19 tails.
  • A 3m tall humanoid figure.
  • An Ursus arctos2.
  • An unrecognizable mass of canine and feline faces.
  • A Pterodactylus antiquus3.
  • A 1 m tall Pygocentrus nattereri4 with humanoid legs and a luminescent fin ray, similar to that of a Melanocetus johnsonii5.
  • A human liver with humanoid arms.
  • A Rhinolophus hipposideros6, with multiple tumor like structures on its body.
  • An Orcinus orca7, with multiple lacerations, burns, and blisters across its body.

Below are some excerpts from SCP-6291 after page 122.

Meringues

Meringues are so tasty, and easy to make! Usually when I require only an egg yolk for a recipe, these are where my left over whites go! Oh, and what a good place to put them. Makes 48.

Decent%20Meringues

Delicious!

For the meringues:
1 teaspoon red food coloring
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons water
1 1/2 cups of sugar
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt

1. In a sauce pot, combine your food coloring, cocoa powder, and water at low heat. Stir until smooth, and take off heat.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and sugar together until well combined, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat for another 6-7 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
3. Once your cocoa powder mixture has cooled down, fold it into your egg whites. Stirring or over folding will result in flat meringues. Load your mixture into a piping bag.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Place a dab of your mixture with the piping bag on your parchment paper, should allow you to load 24 onto a large pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the outside is crispy. Allow to cool before enjoying.

Extras * 173

Broccoli and Rice

Broccoli and rice has been a timeless combo, going back many years! Let’s put a little red velvety twist on it, which will be bound to make red velvet lovers jump for joy! Makes 4-6 portions.

WhyWouldYouEatThis

Unique!

For the broccoli and rice:
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup butter milk
1 cup white rice
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 box frozen broccoli
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon red food coloring

1. Boil butter, broth, and milk in a medium sauce pan. Add your rice and stir to combine. Reduce your heat, and cover for about 15 minutes.
2. Add in your broccoli, bell pepper, cocoa powder, sugar, and red food coloring. Cook for an additional 3 minutes to ensure proper incorporation. Fluff with a fork and serve.

Extras * 245

Saint Allen

Mother said we must always appeal to Saint Allen. He’s partially my inspiration for this book. If we don’t worship him, we all might get sent to the deepest pits of hell. The culture is quite important. Makes 1.

WhatTheFlip%21

Beautiful!

For Saint Allen:
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 8 oz. bag white chocolate
2 tablespoons butter milk
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon menstrual blood
2 teaspoons gastric acid
4 cups of flour
1 living child, about 55 lbs.
1 Quran
1 Bible
1 Tanakh
1 teaspoon red food coloring
12 oz. cream cheese
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 oz. human hair
1 placenta
1 chicken egg, embryo included
1 teaspoon human tears
(I will be personally tripling this recipe for a more affective worship.)

1. Combine your cocoa powder, white chocolate, butter milk, sugar, menstrual blood, and gastric acid in a medium bowl, stirring until evenly mixed. Add in your flour.
2. [EXPUNGE PER ORDERS OF THE ETHICS COMMITEE]
3. [EXPUNGE PER ORDERS OF THE ETHICS COMMITEE]
4. Take your Quran, Bible, and Tanakh, and organize them into a semi circle. Pour 1/2 of your mixture evenly onto the covers of each book. Beat the red food coloring, cream cheese, butter, and hair into the remaining mixture. Pour it into the middle of the semi circle.
5. [EXPUNGE PER ORDERS OF THE ETHICS COMMITEE]
6. Place the remaining portion of the placenta onto the Quran. Crack your egg over the Bible, and pour the tears over the Tanakh.
7. [EXPUNGE PER ORDERS OF THE ETHICS COMMITEE]
8. When Saint Allen appears, let him free. Remind him that you helped him with his goal. He will thank you, and you will be going to a good place in the afterlife.

Extras * 311

Discovery:

On March 30th, 2017, a complaint was sent to Deborah Harroun, regarding displeasing recipes being found throughout the book, a specific example being red velvet mashed potatoes on page 127. Deborah Harroun was reasonably confused about this and requested that the customer return the product.

Noticing the grotesque recipes herself, she made a call to Amazon, believing that they tampered with her products. The Foundation intercepted this call, specifically noting the disturbing recipe for an entity named “The rebirth”, and retrieved SCP-6291, along with giving amnestics to anyone involved.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License