SCP-6284

rating: +42+x
Item#: SCP-6284
Level2
Containment Class:
euclid
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
caution

thewall

SCP-6284

SPECIAL CONTAINMENT PROCEDURES: All Foundation employee dormitories located in halls A12 to A14 have been permanently relocated along with corresponding staff and belongings. Hall A13 has been sectioned off from the greater facility through the construction of new walls that isolate SCP-6284. Several Kant counters are to be placed on the floor around SCP-6284's perimeter in a semicircle and are to be monitored remotely for any changes.

Researchers studying SCP-6284 are to be knowledgeable in logical fallacies as well as para-emotional projected constructs.

Franklin Ergot is to receive weekly therapeutic counseling.

DESCRIPTION: SCP-6284 is a logical gap embedded within the east-facing wall of hallway A13 in Site-22's Employee Housing subcomplex. SCP-6284 is unable to be perceived by individuals with baseline cognition due to its inherent logical fallacy. This creates a paradox that the human brain is unable to understand due to its complexity, producing a secondary antimemetic effect caused by the brain removing SCP-6284 from subjects' cognition.1

Due to this, SCP-6284 cannot be perceived or interacted with without the consumption of agnostics. SCP-6284-2 has been identified as the body of Daniel Thereaux.

DISCOVERY: Though it is currently unknown how long SCP-6284 has been located within Site-22, the anomaly itself was identified on 31/5/2022 when Senior Researcher Harold Dalloway2 was temporarily transferred due to a scheduling error made by Employee Logistics.3 During his stay, he was assigned temporary residence within Room 63 of hallway A13, quickly discovering SCP-6284 due to his constant department-mandated agnostic consumption.

The following has been transcribed from Researcher Dalloway's initial memo.

Miss Dugan,

Although it is quite difficult of me to explain this subsequent informational relay towards you in a way that is semantically and informationally sound, I must do my due diligence to tether my wires in a formation that helps paint a tapestry of the mind for you in order to spotlight and mend this glaring issue.

As I was walking out of my little gilded prison chamber in order to meet up with Dr. Orson in the cafeteria, I was drawn into a quite peculiar sight indeed, as, well, encompassing a good portion of the wall to my left was a fissure, quite large, actually, and very deep. The fissure itself was charred and cracked around the edges, with faint scratch marks around the left side, and now I do actually recall a great amount of twisted metal in the vicinity of this crack, yes, yes it was twisted and it was also warped, I do believe. Possibly the remnants of one of our little breatheboxes (or are they unbreatheboxes?).4

I am unaware if this crack was here yesterday when I had passed by this same hallway - or was I in A14? Well, I think you would know if there was a massive crack in the wall of A14 and would have told me accordingly, would you? At least a warning would have sufficed, a little, "Oh, and be wary of the crack in the wall, if you stick your arm in too far you might fall into the starlit sky!" would have been more than enough to send me on my merry way down to my cell.

Well, you did not warn me of this, and once again I am unsure of whether or not it is located in A13 or A14 or A12.

Although I do recommend that we look into this at once.

As Site Director Alicia Dugan has a history with the Surrealistics Department, she immediately evacuated all residencies in halls A12 through A14 before requesting the assistance of MTF ☊-2 ("Mind Erasers") to locate and partially contain SCP-6284.

ADDENDUM 6284.1: Agnostic Testing

In order to ascertain the exact parameters of SCP-6284, various D-class personnel were given incremental doses of measured agnostics in order to perceive and interact with the anomaly. Results summarized below:

  • 2 units: SCP-6284 can be viewed and interacted with. It appears to be a fissure in the wall.
  • 7 units: SCP-6284 can be viewed, interacted with, and described in greater detail. It is approx. 26 cm in width while running a length of approx. 1.3 meters. There are portions of warped metal detritus surrounding the floor below SCP-6284. The fragments of metal appear to be partially charred in places as are the edges of the fissure.
  • 10 units: SCP-6284 can be viewed, interacted with, and sensed. D-22045 reported the scent of burning roses.
  • 20 units: SCP-6284 can be viewed, interacted with, and tasted. D-22045 reported the taste of copper.5
  • 30 units: The interior of SCP-6284 can be viewed.
  • 40 units: The interior of SCP-6284 can be viewed and identified. It has been classified as SCP-6284-1.
  • 48 units: The interior of SCP-6284 (now classified as SCP-6284-1) can be viewed and described in greater detail. It is a portion of space filled with countless stars.
  • 50 units: D-22045's last remaining tooth falls out.
  • 55 units: Sound can be registered coming from inside SCP-6284-1.
  • 56 units: The sound is identified. It is the voice of an adult male. He is quietly sobbing and apologizing to "Frankie."
  • 74 units: The message written directly above SCP-6284 can be viewed.
  • 80 units: The message written directly above SCP-6284 can be viewed and identified.
  • 90 units: The message written directly above SCP-6284 can be viewed and described in greater detail. It reads, "It is not finished, but for you, I hope it is your solace. -P███████"
  • 110 units: There is something inside of SCP-6284-1.
  • 150 units: There is something inside of SCP-6284-1.
  • 165 units: There is something inside of SCP-6284-1.
  • 180 units: The object inside of SCP-6284 has been classified as SCP-6284-2.

ADDENDUM 6284.2: Input by Researcher Harold Dalloway

ADDENDUM 6284.3: Employee Complaint

Junior Researcher Franklin Ergot launched a formal complaint on 12/2/2022 regarding what he believed to be a missing Foundation employee. While his claim was investigated multiple times, no inconsistencies in employee attendance were identified. Despite this clarification, Ergot denied the given proof and insisted that there was a "hole where Daniel used to be" in the minds of Site-22's staff. This pattern of behavior continued despite multiple meetings and threats of demotion, culminating in Ergot suffering a psychotic episode after engaging in an argument with a colleague in the cafeteria. Ergot was then subdued and taken to the infirmary for evaluation. While this is currently assumed to be unrelated to SCP-6284, this information remains in this file at the insistence of Researcher Dalloway.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License