SCP-6281
rating: +24+x
Item#: 6281
Level6
Containment Class:
esoteric
Secondary Class:
florgalana
Disruption Class:
amida
Risk Class:
notice

Item #: 6281

Object Class: Safe // Flor Galana1

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6281 is to remain inside the cave where it was found. A site constructed at the mouth of the cave, designated Site-Eta, conceals its entrance. MTF-Unknown-3 are to remain on-site and maintain a rotating shift that ensures a minimum of twelve operatives on duty at all times to carry out basic upkeep and prevent unauthorized access to the site. MTF-Unknown-3 are not to be informed of SCP-6281. They will instead be informed that Site-Eta is an auxiliary containment unit for temporary holdings of safe-class entities. Knowledge of Site-Eta or SCP-6281 is prohibited to personnel without O5 authorization. Personnel leaving Site-Eta are to be administered amnestics to ensure no memory of the site remains, unless granted O5 authorization.

Attempts to contain SCP-6281-Z are currently prohibited. Whether SCP-6281-Z is an anomalous event in need of containment is uncertain, however, the risks posed by the methods required to attempt containment have been deemed more severe than the risk of allowing it to remain potentially uncontained.

Attempts to contain SCP-6281-Z have been authorized. Containment efforts are currently underway.

Under order of O5-1: The location where SCP-6281 was found has been redacted.

Unmodified records are in the possession of O5 council members.

Description:

SCP-6281 is an obsidian black monolith measuring exactly 1x1x7 meters. Thirty illuminated blue bands 1 cm in height ring the surface of the monolith in equally spaced intervals. One hundred and four different models of electrical access ports encompass the seventh ring. Thirty-two models have been identified, and include multiple iterations of display, audio, and serial ports ranging from 1969 to present day, including Foundation Secure Models 1 through 4. SCP-6281 is also capable of connecting to devices via Bluetooth, appearing as █▓▒░♜░▒▓█ up to a range of 7 meters from the monolith, and does not require a password to connect.

Connecting to SCP-6281 using any of these methods results in the connected device losing all previous functionality, and booting up to a black screen with the word "WELCOME" appearing in the center in a font size suitable for the device. An empty bar below the message, like those found in common search engines, is displayed for input.

The bar functions as a standard search bar, compatible with all input methods connected during testing, including speech recognition. A Foundation laptop with a removed modem was issued to Site-Eta to access SCP-6281 for testing. Extensive testing with this laptop has shown that direct questions, names, places, and dates are all compatible entries into the search bar.

Entering a question results in a page giving a highly detailed, objective answer. Documented instances include:

Q: When was construction on the Eiffel tower completed?

A:15 March 1889AD 10:23:13pm.

Q: How long would it take to walk from New York City to Los Angeles?

A: As of [current date], it would take 8 years, 6 months, 13 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes, 56 seconds for [full name of individual conducting the test] to walk from New York City, New York to Los Angeles, California.

Q: What is love?

A: Love is an increase in Oxytocin, resulting in strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties.

Q: What is the SCP Foundation?

A: The Secure Contain Protect Foundation is a private organization founded [further details removed from report due to the classification of information contained. Amnestics have been administered to those present for the test.]

The full catalog of answers given by SCP-6281 is contained at Site-Eta on paper files. Any use of information obtained from SCP-6281 must be authorized by two separate O5 council members, and if authorized, may only be presented as a product of “outside consultation.”

Entering a name or location into SCP-6281 results in a page containing a basic history about the subject. Further details or more specific information can be acquired by asking for it as a direct question. The information isn't limited to past events. For still living individuals; it also includes major events that will transpire in their future, going so far as to include a date and cause of death. For locations; future major events that will occur at it, as well as the date and means of its destruction, are also included.

Entering a date gives all major historical events that transpired during it. The window can be as general as a year, or as specific as a day in that year. Again, the information is not limited to past dates.

Whether this information is stored within SCP-6281 itself, or determined from outside input or calculations prior to presenting it, is unknown. Attempts to ask questions about SCP-6281 to determine its source and functions have so far only resulted in the message: I'M SORRY: I DON'T HAVE THAT INFORMATION. As of this report, all information pertaining to future events obtained from SCP-6281 has proven true.

While SCP-6281 is displaying any page of information, a footnote at the bottom of the page reads Edit. Selecting this footnote allows information on the page to be edited. Brief testing concluded that editing information residing in the future results in automatic updates to any related pages in order to align the information on them with the changes made manually. These alterations come true just as consistently as unedited information.

Information as far as June 7, 2177AD can be requested. Attempting to enter a date past this point, asking a question that exceeds this date, or editing any existing date past this point, is met with the message: ERROR: TIME DOES NOT EXIST (See further details on June 7, 2177, below).

Testing on altering information residing in the past was approved on January 27, 2022, but no test was ever conducted. Testing was reapproved on February 25, 2022, then again on February 28, 2022. In both instances, no recorded test was ever conducted despite records noting the beginning of testing. Exclusionary Site-022 was consulted, but no retroactive alterations to records could be found. All three tests were deemed successful beyond expected projections, and testing on changing information residing in the past was subsequently prohibited on March 1, 2022.

The cave SCP-6281 resides in is located on the East coast of The United States, 15 kilometers south of ████████████. The cave is composed of a mixture of igneous and sedimentary rock common to the area. It consists of a single tunnel, measuring an average height and width of 7 meters, and continues 70 meters downwards at a slope of 7 degrees before opening into a dome chamber with a diameter of 14 meters. SCP-6281 sits in the center of this chamber.

Despite these measurements, geological experts brought to Site-Eta insist the cave shows no signs of artificial creation and is consistent with natural formation.

Discovery of SCP-6281 and Incident Report:

First known discovery of SCP-6281 was by Joseph D. Knights, who took to posting information obtained from SCP-6281 online under the alias of [REDACTED] with claims to knowing the future. When a sufficient number of these predictions came true, automated Foundation monitoring systems flagged the individual, and MTF Charlie-9 was sent to apprehend the subject for questioning.

Under questioning, the subject informed MTF operatives of the cave with SCP-6281 within and his experience interacting with the anomaly using his mobile phone.

When questioned if he had made any edits to the future, the subject confirmed adding exceptionally improbable events to the years 2020 and 2021, prior to those dates, in an effort to test the capabilities of the anomaly. All edits made by the subject are accounted for in world history and a record of the questioning and an extensive list of edits made can be found in a paper file on-site with SCP-6281.

Questions pertaining to edits that the subject made to the past have been approved for digital records for the purpose of accurately presenting SCP-6281’s anomalous properties.

<Interrogation Conducted, Monday, 21/1/2022, 15:34 hours>


Interrogation Conducted By: MTF Officer David Attleburg

Subject: Joseph D. Knights

<Interrogation In Progress At Opening Remark>

MTF Officer David Attleburg: Just a few more questions and I’m sure we’ll be able to let you go. Did you also use your phone to make any edits to the past?

Subject: I didn’t.

MTF Officer David Attleburg: Really? You decided to edit all those events in the future but never tried to edit the past?

Subject: Well, I planned to; a bunch of times I was going to change something in the past, and I had an idea what I was going to change, but it’s like the moment I tapped the edit button, I couldn’t remember what I was going to change it to anymore.

MTF Officer David Attleburg: So you never made any changes to the past?

Subject: Not that I remember.


<End of approved segment of Interrogation record>

<Remainder of record can be found at Site-Eta on paper file>

It is unknown how many changes the subject made to the past, or what those changes included. Nonetheless, their result is clearly observable as current history.

The handheld phone the subject used to connect to SCP-6281 has been confiscated, all records of information obtained from SCP-6281 posted online have been located and expunged by Foundation web-crawlers, and amnestics have been administered to the subject.

Under order of O5-1, the MTFCharlie-9 has also been administered Amnestics.

June 7, 2177AD:

Investigation into the date, June 7, 2177AD, has been conducted with little success.

Information up to 6 June, 2177AD, at 11:59pm is accessible and describes an Earth which aligns with projected technological advancements for the era.

When questioned on the status of any individual or location on June 7, 2177AD, at 12:00am, SCP-6281 responds ALL IS WHITE, which is a notable difference from the response to all currently tested times following it, which result in ERROR: TIME DOES NOT EXIST.

When questioned on what occurred on June 7, 2177AD, at 12:00am, SCP-6281 replies I’M SORRY: I DON’T HAVE THAT INFORMATION, another difference from the error message. Taking these differences into account has led researchers to conclude with reasonable certainty that “ERROR: TIME DOES NOT EXIST” indicates the advent of a ZK-CLASS end of reality scenario, which has been designated SCP-6281-Z.

Despite rigorous questioning, no events extraneous to the proceedings of the time have been found which might indicate a source for a ZK-CLASS scenario. The status of all known entities capable of a ZK-CLASS scenario was asked on that date, and no imminent containment breaches were found which might account for SCP-6281-Z.

A designation of seven personnel selected by the O5 council has been authorized to continue the investigation into SCP-6281-Z using SCP-6281. Should further information on the matter come to light, an addendum will be added.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License