SCP-6218

rating: +69+x

Item #: 6218 Classified
Object Class: Apollyon Level 3

Header.png

Photo on the surface of SCP-6218. Pictured: Niles Morse.1

Special Containment Procedures:

The Department of Discretion spread a disinformation campaign in 2002 which discouraged space exploration, interest in the cosmos, and faster than light travel. The media and many academic institutions were planted with the idea that the universe is expanding and that humanity is trapped within the Milky Way's local group.

Provisional Site-6218 has been constructed on the surface of SCP-6218. It is currently operational and manned by 18 rotating D-Class personnel from Site-9, who warp in and out with Triple-T2 and maintain the site's machinery. Provisional Site-6218 is to be used for dangerous experiments involving pre-approved anomalies, a list of which is found in Addendum 2.6.2010.

No one, under any circumstance, can stay on its surface for longer than two hours.

Figure1.png

Figure 1.

Description:

SCP-6218 refers to a spherical body outside of the observable universe3 that contains the full universe.4 It is estimated to be 2,108 billion light-years in diameter. For reference, Earth's solar system is 0.3 light-years in diameter.

The surface consists of black dust, primarily carbon. Its atmosphere is lethal to most humans, consisting of a previously unknown compound designated Y-2108. Despite the size and apparent mass of the surface, it has a disproportionately low amount of gravitational pull. Its force is roughly 0.2g, slightly more than Earth's moon.

Discovery:

SCP-6218 was discovered by the crew of IV-385 while flying outside of the observable universe investigating another anomaly. They noticed that there were fewer stars visible on the starboard side of the ship than on the port side. The gradation between the two hemispheres was photographed and recorded in figure 1.

IV-38 traveled into the hemisphere without stars and noticed that light from some of the stars was reflecting off of a single surface, SCP-6218. Attempting to fly around SCP-6218 to gauge its size, they determined from its curvature that they were on the inside of a sphere. They touched down and took samples, resulting in our basic knowledge of its makeup. They left the expedition early because they expressed a feeling of fear while on the surface.

The O5 council approved Director Moriette's proposal with a vote of 9-4, and Provisional Site-6218 was established. The appointed head of the site is Professor Boris Kovalenko.

The remainder of this document requires Clearance Level 4.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License