SCP-6213

rating: +41+x

warning.png
Item#: 6213
Level1
Containment Class:
safe
Secondary Class:
none
Disruption Class:
dark
Risk Class:
danger

clocktower.jpg

SCP-6213

Containment Procedures: The town of Esterberg, Utah, is to be placed under electronic surveillance and fenced off. The local population is to be informed that the area is contaminated by severe chemical ground pollution, due to illegal industrial dumping in the local lake. A standard security force should be present to arrest trespassers. In the event where civilians enter SCP-6213 during activity, security forces are to wait until the anomaly ceases activity to retrieve any remains. Expeditions entering SCP-6213 for reasons of experimentation and study must be approved by SCP-6213's project leader, currently Doctor Blackwell.

Description: SCP-6213 is a clock tower building located at the center of Esterberg, Utah. The building shows signs of deterioration, such as foliage overgrowth and vandalism. SCP-6213 is only active for one hour at 1200 and 2400 hours military time. During these hours, the time within SCP-6213 will gradually appear to slow down to a point of imperceptible movement from the outside. From the inside, the observer will see that the outside is moving at an equally slower rate. If there are multiple people inside SCP-6213, each one will see the others as also being affected by the anomaly, though they see themselves moving at normal speed.


DISCOVERY & ADDENDUMS

SpyNoEvil.png

Nu-13 "Unlucky Eyes"

SCP-6213 was discovered when multiple online blogs on urban legends began to spread a story about a clock tower in an abandoned town. A number of urban explorers1 had reported having found a clock tower similar to what is described in the blogs, in Esterberg, Utah. Due to the blog sites describing multiple different anomalies of varying severity, Bravo Team, of Mobile Task Force Nu-13 "Unlucky Eyes", was dispatched to Esterberg. Bravo was to conduct reconnaissance-in-force, investigation, and containment preparation.

Audio Log.6213.1

Date: 5/11/2020, 1158 Hours

Exploration Team: Nu-13 Bravo

Subject: Esterberg Anomaly

Team Lead: Senior Agent Hugo - AKA "Stinger"

Team Members: Agents Valery "Luna", Gustav "Brew", Antonio "Chicken", and Clara "Bing".


[BEGIN LOG]


Bravo team is approaching SCP-6213 cautiously in the daylight, going from cover to cover as they bound towards the clock tower. Bravo has not yet encountered any hostiles or any anomalies.

Senior Agent Hugo: Luna, Brew, stack up left on the door. Chicken and Bing, you're on the right with me. I'll take point.

Agent Valery: Willco.

Agent Antonio: Gotcha, behind you.

Senior Agent Hugo: Start the clock. Command, this is Bravo Actual, we're breaching the building now.

Command: Bravo Actual, Command. You're green for breach.

The sound of a door handle opening is heard, and soon after the sound of rushed echoing footsteps on brick follows.

Agent Clara: Clear right!

Agent Gustav: Left's clear!

Senior Agent Hugo: Luna, Brew, up the stairs to the tower! Chicken, Bing, on me to the rest of the building!

Agent Valery: Going up the stairs now, Stinger, not seeing anything except bad art.

A number of doors can be heard thrown open, followed by shouts that rooms are clear. Bravo then concludes that the building is empty of any hostiles or visible anomalies. Senior Agent Hugo calls to regroup at the entrance inside the building. The time now reads 1200 hours.

Agent Gustav: Anything at all? Not a peep?

Agent Clara: Nothing, was a beauty of a view though. Could see the absolute nothing this place has for miles.

Senior Agent Hugo: Alright, seems like bad intel, wouldn't be the first time and certainly isn't the last. Time to call it in. Command, this is Bravo Actual.

A door is heard slamming shut before the recording erupts into static. The rest of the audio log recovered from Nu-13 Bravo is corrupted, unintelligible, and remains like this for 100 hours and 13 minutes. The audio recording equipment stopped functioning due to full storage. Command was not able to restore contact with Nu-13 Bravo.

[END LOG]


The following addenda are logs left behind in chronological order by the various members of Nu-13 Bravo within SCP-6213. The logs will feature the name of the member if possible, the location of the log and its features, and the contents therein.


Nu-13 Log.6213.1

Team Member: Senior Agent Hugo

Log Location: On a wall to the left of the door entrance on a piece of paper, pinned by a nail, written in pen. In the top right corner of the paper is a large hand-printed one.


"I've managed to calm everyone down to a degree where I can reason with everyone on what to do. Here's what we've discovered so far. first of all, our watches aren't working right, it's been 1205 for about 3 minutes now. Not even the clock in this room ticks. Second, everyone's speech sounds slurred or slowed, except mine. Third, we can't get out, the doors' handles on the first floor won't budge, and any kick we send into them hurts us more than the door. The door that goes to the very top of the tower is the same, so we can't jump or rappel. The windows won't even break.

So, what're we gonna do? We've got enough MREs and water to last us a week, tops. If anyone hurts themselves too badly trying to leave this place, we can barely care for them. As good a medic as Gustav is, he's no miracle worker.

Hey! I read that!
-Brew


I'll tell you what we're going to do. We're going to do our fucking jobs.

If I know the Foundation, and I like to imagine that I do, they're gonna come here wondering what happened to us and maybe get some other poor people stuck in here figuring it out. Now, our job description states that we're first on the ground to help prevent future casualties through containment preparation and intelligence gathering, how're we going to do that?

We're gonna document ourselves, and tell them what happened to us. I've instructed my team that, if they need to write, they put it somewhere obvious and number it in order, so you can find it. My only hope right now, other than getting out of here, is that you don't die because we were stupid.

Senior Agent Hugo "Stinger"


Nu-13 Bravo After Action Report


Foundation personnel arrived at Esterberg at 2130 Hours, nine and a half hours after Command lost contact with Nu-13 Bravo. Upon arrival, personnel saw temporal warning signs displayed in all the windows facing outwards, drawn on paper. Pararescue, establishing scene safety on-site, was able to open the front door into SCP-6213 with no further issues, and investigation into Nu-13 Bravo's deaths began.

It wasn't until 2350 hours that Nu-13 Log.6213.7 was found and read, wherein Doctor Blackwell ordered all personnel to vacate SCP-6213 immediately. All twenty-nine scene investigators left SCP-6213 safely, and the front door to SCP-6213 upon the clock hitting 2400 hours, shut closed.

Nu-13 Bravo Operators Killed in Action include:

  • Senior Agent Hugo "Stinger": Terminal Dehydration. Found in the stairwell, Nu-13 Log.6213.7 in their left hand.
  • Agent Gustav "Brew": Terminal Dehydration. Found on the ground below Nu-13 Log.6213.4
  • Agent Antonio "Chicken": Terminal Dehydration. Found next to Nu-13 Log.6213.6, with a marker in their right hand.
  • Agent Clara "Bing": Terminal Dehydration. Found sat up against a wall, next to Agent Valery.
  • Agent Valery "Luna": Cervical Fracture. Found at the bottom of the stairs in the entrance room.

Nu-13 Bravo's efforts in containment preparation, their explanations, documentation, ideas, and sacrifice, have accelerated our efforts by a matter of years and saved dozens of lives. They gave their time for ours.

We will remember them as what they were. Our Unlucky Eyes.

- Doctor Blackwell

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License